It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Andreas fault 'locked, loaded & ready to roll' with big ...quake, ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
L.A. TIMES
8 Jun 2016

FULL TITLE:
San Andreas fault 'locked, loaded and ready to roll' with big earthquake, expert says

By: Rong-Gong Lin IIRong-Gong Lin IIContact Reporter
4 May 2016
[BoX note: I wasn't going to post this as so many threads have already been posted about the S.A. Fault and the looming big quake. However, the simulations in the youtube videos down toward the bottom 1/3 of the article are quite impressive works of art and science. They really dramatically illustrate the power and probabilities of the forces that will likely be unleashed. I think they are worth going to the article's link all on their own. And, the article does seem to be a good update of the general science and concerns therefrom. The projected 2 minutes of shaking alone is quite sobering. One simulation has the beginning down near the Salton Sea and moving North and West. The other simulation has beginning of the quake up near San Louis Obispo and traveling South and East. The movement and stress relieving of 16 feet every 100 years has NOT been happening in more than a place or 2.]

www.latimes.com...

. . .
“The springs on the San Andreas system have been wound very, very tight. And the southern San Andreas fault, in particular, looks like it’s locked, loaded and ready to go,” Jordan said in the opening keynote talk.
Other sections of the San Andreas fault also are far overdue for a big quake. Further southeast of the Cajon Pass, such as in San Bernardino County, the fault has not moved substantially since an earthquake in 1812, and further southeast toward the Salton Sea, it has been relatively quiet since about 1680 to 1690.
. . .

This is one of the more sobering articles I've read on the topic. It's not particularly long but has a good bit of info in it.
If you live in Southern California, I encourage you to read the article and watch the simulations.
If you live anywhere quakes are common, encourage you to watch the simulations and prep as fitting for your area. I think that the New Madrid area is similarly well locked and loaded.
It is one thing to read and watch videos and disaster movies and go . . . "Yada yada yada."
It's another thing to be in something like the Bandah Acheh quake/tsunami and go: "How could I have been so uninformed and clueless?"
Living paranoid is not a good way to live.
Living clueless may well be a worse way to live--depending.
There is fitting prudence and rational prepping.
A lot of folks have felt prompted in their spirits to move out of the Southern California region. Many can't move. And many don't have a lot of budget for prepping. However, small groups of neighbors can band together and pool prepping efforts. One has to choose one's priorities.
Would the $$ be better spent on cigarettes, beer and/or gambling--or prepping?
Smart-aleck come-backs won't count for much when there's no water or food because one p*ssed it all away frivolously in immature classic normalcy bias and arrogance.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If you're living in California(or western Nevada like me) and you're not prepping for a serious earthquake, you will probably die.

If not from the initial quake then from lack of clean water and other contaminated areas. Infections and disease spreading(remember Haiti?), and industrial pollutants that could leak into the environment due to earthquake damage.

Then there's the looters, criminals, and eventually, rioters.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Did the simulation for San Luis Obispo include their operating Diablo Canyon Nuclear power plant by chance?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I didn't notice. Perhaps you could tell by watching it closely?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
imho, Your excellent points bear repeating with emphasis:

[which I think also applies for the Pacific NW as well as the New Madrid . . . as well as for Florida and the Gulf coast for other reasons . . . and the Eastern Seaboard for other reasons]

originally posted by: projectvxn

If you're living in California(or western Nevada like me) and you're not prepping for a serious earthquake, you will probably die.

If not from the initial quake then from lack of clean water and other contaminated areas. Infections and disease spreading(remember Haiti?), and industrial pollutants that could leak into the environment due to earthquake damage.

Then there's the looters, criminals, and eventually, rioters.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

As a native Californian living over 50 years atop the SA fault, I have been prepped for "the BIG ONE" my entire life. It is likely that I won't survive it. I have lived a full life in a beautiful area and am not moving.

My death is in the hands of my Creator, who could take me tonight in my slumber whilst the Earth sleeps.

I hope I live long enough for all see Niburu through those chemtrails.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It is in Avila Beach, just out of SLO city's southwest border, right on the beach. The simulation, by guess, reflects the epicenter from either Parkfield or Coalinga. A bullseye for Diablo Canyon, which can withstand, so they say, a 7.0 magnitude EQ.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

No one has yet to survive life.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The first simulation starts at the Salton Sea and goes to Santa Barbara, IIRC as well as to Barstow.

The 2nd simulation starts at San Luis Obispo and goes South & East.

I know that the waves of shaking cover the area of the nuke plant but I don't recall any particular feature keyed to the nuke plant.

Sounds like if the shaking greater than 7.0, the plant may be in serious trouble. I wonder if it is as vulnerable as the GE Fukushima plants were??? Anyone know?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Au Contraire . . .

EVERYONE survives life . . .

The issue is

ETERNALLY WITH Yehovah,

or away from Him.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It doesn't start in SLO. It does start in SLO County. Pause the 2nd simulation just at the epicenter. It starts a good 40 miles east of SLO city, which is the Parkfield area...which is IN SLO county.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Not everyone shares your named Creator, but that is for a different thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

OK. I stand corrected. I did see that. I just didn't think about that detail when I was writing my post.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

No worries.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

No one has yet to survive life.

What's your point? Discard self preservation?

I like being alive.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

How many suicides have been committed by suffocation via, say, pillow? self-preservation is the most basic human need.

I am saying that there is no way out of life, except the inescapable death. But, have a hell of a ride in life, stretchit as far as you can.

top topics

join