It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First female major party nomination in history has lost voters in 2016 since 08 primary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton clinched the nomination this week but there should be room to worry and not celebrate. Two states that are known to sway Democrat are actually showing less support for her now then in 2008. Some will blame 'The Bern' but she beat him pretty bad.

in California...

With 94.4% of precincts reporting, Clinton won 1,841,285 votes in California on Tuesday, compared to Bernie Sanders’s 1,416,742, Politico reports. That’s nearly a 30% drop in total support from 2008, when she received 2,608,184 votes, or 51.47%. (Barack Obama got 2,186,662 votes or 43.16%.)

and in Jersey...

The results weren’t much better in New Jersey. While Clinton won the state — as she did in 2008 — she saw a decline in support there, too. On Tuesday, Clinton received 542,656 votes, or 63.35% of the ballots cast compared to Sanders’s 315,194 votes, according to the Politico totals. That’s a 13% decline in support from her 2008 turnout, when she received 613,500 votes — or 53.76% of the total votes, compared to 501,374 ballots cast for Obama.

Remember, yesterday was the day she conceded in 08. This is not an easy battle for her and one has to wonder just how she is going to pull in the Sanders supporters that she will need to build the base back to what she had 8 years ago. There was as larger turnout and she got less..,for any candidate that is not a good sign.

She cannot play the woman card. Where as it is a great accomplishment, it is, in the grand scheme of things not a big deal. Women all over the world hold political positions and even the top posts. She is simply catching up to where she should have been 8 years ago but it looks like it will happen with less votes.

So, how is she going to recapture what she has lost?

Link to article

www.politico.com...

edit on 06pm30pmf0000002016-06-08T13:23:15-05:000115 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So true. The progressive side of the party knows that Clinton is really a fiscal conservative. She supports the economic system as strongly as the most ardent establishment Republican. The only difference is that she wants it to be so that everyone, EVERYONE can wear the shackles equally, white, black, and what ever gender one chooses to be. This ain't liberalism.

edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jun 2016 13:37:06 -0500Wed, 08 Jun 2016 13:37:06 -050016062016-06-08T13:37:06-05:00100000037 by TerryMcGuire because: establishment

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
She does not have my vote. On Tuesday November 8th I am still voting for Bernie Sanders.

No matter what anyone says. I am still voting for Bernie Sanders. Even if I have to write in his name. It will be Bernie Sanders on my ballot. I already know millions of others who are going to do the same.

No TV ad, or spokesperson will have a chance at changing our vote this time.

We want the corrupt politicians to spend their efforts to try and sway our vote, spending countless dollars on something so small, yet largely abroad in an attempt to bankrupt them.

Let them try to call. Let them spend that money on TV ads, canvassers, phone bankers, politicians.

Even if Bernie Sanders tells us to vote for Hillary, I do not care. It is Bernie Sanders or bust.

Bernie sanders knows this. That is why he is continuing to fight until the last ballot is cast. He will not give up.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

I agree with this. If you have strong enough conviction, vote for who you want. It is the only way to show the establishment that there are those who will not conform. I am expecting quite a few Libertarian votes this year also.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

Bernie sanders knows this. That is why he is continuing to fight until the last ballot is cast. He will not give up.

He at least demonstrates a respect for all the voters.
What I would like very much to see is Sanders and Ron Paul get their heads together along with a few others who all see and want to address the real problems the oligarchy present and come up with a cross over candidate that will attract the disenfranchised from both sides of the isle. Someone who can at least jump start a third party that will be viable in 2020.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So, how is she going to recapture what she has lost?

1. Let illegals vote.
2. Make dead people vote.
3. Let Felons vote.
4. Rig the voting machines

And Presto Clinton 'wins' the presidency!

America elects their FIRST potus that was under federal investigation.

And the crowd goes absolutely bonkers with glee.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, I guess I knew the answer there but, why would they not have rigged the primaries?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: neo96

Yeah, I guess I knew the answer there but, why would they not have rigged the primaries?

Maybe they wanted to avoid suspicious outcomes, considering how Hillary is about as popular as terminal bowel cancer.

Didn't stop the suspicious outcomes though

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This is not an easy battle for her and one has to wonder just how she is going to pull in the Sanders supporters that she will need to build the base back to what she had 8 years ago.

She can't.

They don't like her any more than they like Trump. Many of those actually registered to vote will write his name in (and be ignored just like they were in the Democratic Primaries). Those that weren't registered (such as most of the Bernie supporters I know, lol), are simply not going to bother voting at all (too much effort, for someone they don't want).

Sad part is, she likely doesn't need them.

The electoral map is largely in her favor currently. Though Trump will likely win states previously blue, he'll lose some that are usually red. It will be interesting to say the least.
edit on 8-6-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

They DID rig them. In fact, there's VIDEO PROOF if you look for it.

Nothing illegal about rigging primaries. Just a party picking their own candidate. Different when in the actual election.

1. Let illegals vote.
2. Make dead people vote.
3. Let Felons vote.
4. Rig the voting machines

Any or all are likely to be used, but most of these rely on it being close, or a bit easier to see these tactics and get busted.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
She does not have my vote. On Tuesday November 8th I am still voting for Bernie Sanders.

No matter what anyone says. I am still voting for Bernie Sanders. Even if I have to write in his name. It will be Bernie Sanders on my ballot. I already know millions of others who are going to do the same.

Why not vote Trump and skip the middle man?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The first female to qualify for a presidential nomination......and one of the most corrupt, unethical people in politics.

I'm so proud to be a woman.

(Oh...and SO proud to be a citizen of a country who thinks that the presumptive nominees for each party are the best we can produce as POTUS and Leader of the Free World.)

I wish we had a colony on Mars.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

And just think....many top well known republicans would rather work with her than Trump.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

And just think what that says about those "top, well known republicans."

It says just how far this country has sunk in prestige, in values, in a moral center. This country used to be great. It produced men and women who were great...who were smart, had good ideas, were successful leaders...but who had integrity and moral fiber. If this country elects someone who has been under investigation by the Federal government for wrong-doing then we are doomed as a nation. The fact that she is a woman has NOTHING to do with her qualifications to be President of the United States. Just like Trump's arrogance and blow-hard-say-anything-that-comes-into-his-head style has nothing to do with HIS qualification to be POTUS.

Pond scum...we're reduced to a choice between two VERY BAD evils. I'd pray for this country, but I think God has forwarded America's calls into His voicemail account.

new topics

top topics

join