It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims to have found Bigfoot skull

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

While on a hike near his home in Ogden, Utah, Todd May felt himself drawn toward something. "I would go out there often and find things, fossils, rocks. I looked around for about half an hour, then I saw it." What May saw was a 75-pound object he claims is the fossilized head of a Bigfoot. The Bigfoot, known to some as Sasquatch, is a fabled apelike creature that has been spotted hundreds of time in the Northwestern United States.

Fossil skulls, the professor said, are extremely fragile, and are made of bone, which has a very different texture and composition than a rock like this.

Link to Full Article: Man claims to have found Bigfoot skull

So, my opinion, from simply seeing the photo, and reading the learned opinions of experts this is not actually a fossil, but it's a rock. However, unless we have someone perform actual scientific analysis of this interesting piece, probability states is is still just a rock.

Your thoughts ATS?
Anyone here have more details or personal experience with either this piece or the man making the claim?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
nice rock.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Until it is tested, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Sure, I suppose anything is possible, but as of right now, it looks an awful lot like a rock shaped like a head, and since it seems to be heavy like a rock, I am going to go way out on a limb here and call it a rock right off the bat. I'm a rebel that way.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

then I saw it." What May saw was a 75-pound object he claims is the fossilized head of a Bigfoot

was it checked for peanuts?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Then, I guess you didn't read my post? I too think so, but I am not so arrogant to claim it 100% since I am not there to analyze it, nor has any reliable lab done the same, to my knowledge.

My Brother....

edit on 6/8/2016 by Krakatoa because: mandela effect

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well, first of all your "learned" people (at least the one you quoted) is wrong.

A fossil is NOT bone. Nature has turned the bone to stone.

On topic.....

I'd like to see some tests performed before poo-pooing his claim just outright.

edit on 8-6-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Wow, that rock looks like a rock. I wonder what some of this guy's fossil collection looks like.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

Yeah, I saw that too. That is why I stated it needs to be tested by a reliable and accredited lab before anything beyond "rock" can be claimed.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

While on a hike near his home in Ogden, Utah, Todd May felt himself drawn toward something. "I would go out there often and find things, fossils, rocks. I looked around for about half an hour, then I saw it." What May saw was a 75-pound object he claims is the fossilized head of a Bigfoot. The Bigfoot, known to some as Sasquatch, is a fabled apelike creature that has been spotted hundreds of time in the Northwestern United States.

Fossil skulls, the professor said, are extremely fragile, and are made of bone, which has a very different texture and composition than a rock like this.

Link to Full Article: Man claims to have found Bigfoot skull

So, my opinion, from simply seeing the photo, and reading the learned opinions of experts this is not actually a fossil, but it's a rock. However, unless we have someone perform actual scientific analysis of this interesting piece, probability states is is still just a rock.

Your thoughts ATS?
Anyone here have more details or personal experience with either this piece or the man making the claim?
This guy off his rocker. Of course its a bloody rock.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
aww, the poor rockskull looks sad in this pic;

photo

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Then, I guess you didn't read my post? I too think so, but I am not so arrogant to claim it 100% since I am not there to analyze it, nor has any reliable lab done the same, to my knowledge.

My Brother....

I read it and even understood it. Which is why I offered the "anything is possible" tag.
But if you backed me into a corner, and stuck a knife in my face and forced me to make a decision, right there on the spot........it would be a rock.

(secretly, I honestly do hold out hope that of all the conspiracies that seem unlikely, Bigfoot will be the one that rings true in the end) But that annoying "logical" side of my brain keeps laughing and pointing and rolling around on the floor at that side of my brain and therefore, it stays hidden.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

OK, thanks for the clarification. I think that logical side is "shaming" your creative side of your brain. I have ahd that happen too. But, you must defend your creative brain sometimes. If not, you run the risk of being completely closed minded. Keeping that in perspective, is also part of "making you a better man". If that rings true to you, brother.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well that certainly is an interesting formation with interesting features. I'm willing to bet its just a rock, but with that being said, I know nothing about Big Foots or how much a fossilized skull would weigh.

-Alee.

Cool story tho.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't know why you all argue if it is a rock or a bone or a fossil....

It is clearly a man in a green shirt.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

OH
MY
GOD.

It wasn't enough that we have every freaking rock on Mars supposedly looking like something.

Please, please tell me that we are not going to have every freaking rock on Earth passed off as something that it isn't.

It is a freaking rock.
A rock that does not look like a skull.
Edit to add:
I starred and flagged....
Because we need everyone to see a potential problem on the horizon... Rocks.
edit on b000000302016-06-08T12:14:27-05:0012America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jun 2016 12:14:27 -05001200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Charlie Brown found the same thing Trick-or-treating every year.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

damn Spader...you quoted the thespian Charles Brown...beat me to it...
edit on 8-6-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good thing our resident armchair anthropologists/ paleontologists here at ATS have been able to thoroughly inspect this particular specimen and deliver to us it's definitive nature as a rock.

It's probably just a rock. I, however, do not know for certain. To claim otherwise is, I propose, the height of ignorance.

But whatever you gotta say to make yourselves feel superior. 👍

edit on Cpm1Wednesday0020162630Wed, 08 Jun 2016 13:00:26 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh man, that be a rock.

Poor delusional guy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join