It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Was Right: Mexico is sending it's people to America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That's not everything.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: TheBulk

Well if a YouTube video says Trump is right then it must be true. Fun fact, more Mexicans are leaving the US then entering.

Fun facts must not come with sources.. A simple Google search would be good for your ignorance right about now..

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Cool. Can you highlight the relevant quote for me? You know, the one that turns your strawman into a real argument?

Because when you quote this:

It only seems like everything is our fault because we meddle in the affairs of everyone so much. What, do you think they spend $15bil/year on relief aid?

in response to your first use of this strawman, it only makes it look like you are obfuscating. That's ok....cling to your extreme viewpoint. Just don't try to use a strawman to pigeon hole everyone else into a polar extreme, too.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well if a YouTube video says Trump is right then it must be true. Fun fact, more Mexicans are leaving the US then entering.

This is true.

So why are protesters assaulting Trump supporters?

Doesn't make much sense, unless of course they're just violent thugs... then it would make perfect sense.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

The builders get into the business to make money. There's risk involved. They could lose, if the housing market declines before they finish the homes. They pad their pockets in the good times, so they can survive the hit in the bad times. They have different realities to face.

That's a load of baloney. Builders have been making money for decades, even with total union labor. You know what cuts into builder's profits? Government regulation, Government policies, Government protectionism of primarily union labor run companies, and Government inaction on things that adversely affect the building industry.

A most essential skill. Someone has to mix the cement, and unpack the building blocks, and place the stones, and fetch and carry, and carry and fetch. All workers can't supervise. Most of the building is physically demanding labor.

More poppycock. People have ALWAYS been willing to do these jobs right here in the USA. Just not for slave wages with no protections. You know who used to do these jobs in the 80s and 90s? A whole lot of ex cons and people convicted of felonies and serious misdemeanors. Want to know why the recidivism rate keeps climbing? Try looking here first. I know that a good deal of denial to felons is due to insurance companies. In many states it is perfectly legal for an insurance company to jack up the premiums of any business that employs felons...NO MATTER HOW LONG AGO THE CRIME WAS COMMITTED or if the crime is even related to that kind of employment. Congress can use the power of the Commerce Clause to stick their noses into far less, yet they can't stick their noses into something that could help so many people? Then we get to hear that they're doing jobs that nobody wants to do, when the truth is that a lot of people that want to do these jobs can't because they're not allowed to.

On top of that a lot of these illegals are paid as contract labor and 1099'd at the end of the year. No need for workmen's comp, or disability insurance, no money paid into SSI, or unemployment insurance. Unscrupulous subcontractors love the 1099 system. Is it illegal? Hell Yeah, but how are they gonna get caught? Best of all, they don't even have to e-verify their guys because technically they are not employees. What citizen wants to work under that arrangement for such meager compensation? None.

Have you seen what a real craftsman charges for his time these days? Can you buy such a house yourself? Not everyone can afford to live in the millionaire's lane. Some houses use only the best craftsmen, but then they sell the home to people like Donald Trump. The rest of use have to buy something within a more moderate budget.

The projects you describe are few and far between. There are not enough of them to go around for qualified tradesmen. I know many tradesmen that have moved on from the Construction Industry in the last decade or so because the wages have basically remained the same for 20 years on all production work, and there just isnt enough high end work to employ everyone. Why have wages stagnated? unscrupulous contractors , for the most part. I don't blame illegals for this, but their presence perpetuates it.

You seem to be quite a well qualified craftsman. So, I ask you, if a house was built only with people of your level of skill, charging your rates, could you afford to buy that house when it was finnished?

I haven't been in the field since the late 90s as a carpenter. But to answer your question, if prices weren't artificially inflated by the government and it's actions and policies, everybody could afford a house built by qualified tradesmen. Up until about 20 years ago everybody did buy a new home built by a qualified tradesmen.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I seem to recall this:

Doesn't really say give me your most affluent, best dressed, and best educated white folks, while leaving the oppressed and poor in their home land.

Hmmmm....I was just looking through my copy of The Constitution Of The United States Of America...can't find that anywhere. I did a cross reference check with that statement and words of the Founding Fathers...my search turned up nothing in those regards. I searched here...uscode.house.gov...

Couldn't find it there either. Then it dawned on my...it's an idealist poem written by a Zionist.Carry on

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

This is exactly why im going from flooring installer to CNC.

My dad has been bidding exactly the same for the last 25 years.

edit on 6/8/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

This is exactly why im going from flooring installer to CNC.

My dad has been bidding exactly the same for the last 25 years.

I know. People have no clue. They just keep spouting idealistic BS. 10 years ago the average project netted the company that I work for between 7.5% to 10% profit...now we are happy with 5. I'm not too happy about it...If I brought a project in on time and on or under budget there was a bonus waiting for me. Now it is a matter of getting it done on time and on budget or your company may not be able to suffer the loss.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

No margin for error.

Same for us on top of that we never stay busy anymore.

People really do have no idea.

Your Arizona so I'm sure it's even worse with illegals driving bids way down for contractors so they can compete more putting the legit guys out of business.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Actually we are nationwide. Last year I oversaw projects in National City and San Diego, McAllen Texas, and Palm
Desert as well as local Ones, and this Year I have had to Fly to Ohio twice to check on two projects, and I hate Ohio. illegals don't bother me for the most part. Some( not most ) are excellent at their trade and among the best I've ever seen. What I hate is the system that allowed all of this to begin with, and the namby pamby libs that believe every little speck of the official story regarding it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Hmmmm....I was just looking through my copy of The Constitution Of The United States Of America...can't find that anywhere. I did a cross reference check with that statement and words of the Founding Fathers...my search turned up nothing in those regards. I searched here...uscode.house.gov...

Couldn't find it there either. Then it dawned on my...it's an idealist poem written by a Zionist.Carry on

I was unaware an idealist symbol of hope for those who are struggling abroad had to be written into the Constitution in order to inspire people to seek a better life. Perhaps we should put a blanket over the Statue of Liberty, or at least blindfold her for awhile.

Didn't Georgie Washington say "The bosom of America is open to receive not only the Opulent and respected Stranger, but the oppressed and persecuted of all Nations and Religions; whom we shall welcome to a participation of all our rights and privileges…”

You really pulled the zionist card...
SMH.Carry On

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Guess what? The doors are always open, as long as they are willing to follow procedure. You know...the law? And she was a Zionist, it's a known fact.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yes, the doors are open. They come here, work, pay taxes.

Q: What does that quotation have anything to do with her being Jewish?
A: Nothing.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Everyone is welcome as long as they follow the law. Not all do. And not all pay taxes either.

Q: What does that quotation have anything to do with her being Jewish? A: Nothing.

Exactly, and neither does your post. Zionism is not representative of people of Jewish faith...

The truth is that the Jewish faith and Zionism are two very different philosophies. They are as opposite as day and night. The Jewish people have existed for thousands of years. In their two thousand years of Divinely decreed exile no Jew ever sought to end this exile and establish independent political sovereignty anywhere. The people's sole purpose was the study and fulfillment of the Divine commandments of the Torah. The Zionist movement created the Israeli state. The latter is a persuasion less than one hundred years old. Its essential goal was and is to change the nature of the Jewish people from that of a religious entity to a political movement. From Zionism's inception the spiritual leaders of the Jewish people stood in staunch opposition to it.

www.nkusa.org...

But I find it hard to believe that an intellectual such as yourself can't see the irony of someone so set on exclusion writing an all inclusive poem. Perhaps I am misreading you. Maybe you aren't as intellectual as you portray yourself to be?
edit on 9-6-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: carewemust
Obama is allowing tens of thousands of people seeking Asylum from Europe.Are those illegal aliens too?

The Tsarnevs were 'refugees'.

We saw how well that turned out.

Has Donald Trump made a statement regarding the thousands of "refugees" that President Obama is importing, or planning to import to America? Maybe he has empathy for this group.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Everyone is welcome as long as they follow the law.

The law, as it stands, excludes a lot of people. Some of them have decided to ignore the law just like those that tear the labels from their matresses, drive a little faster than the speed limit or choose to put certain chemicals into their bodies.

Your elected officials have come to the conclusion, for whatever reason, that there is little to be gained by going after them as hard as you would like so, while they might not be welcomed by you, they are still there.
edit on 9-6-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Way too late in this conversation to matter but telling people that more mexicans are leaving than coming in is a damn lie. The whole reason you hear this "news", and I say the term very lightly, is that somebody has their finger on the pulse of what people are thinking so they felt the need to put some brain sedative into the minds of Americans.

There is some truly evil manipulation going on in this country right now. A lie is the truth, down is up, jobs are increasing, mexicans are needed to pay taxes. Etc, etc, etc. But it's the lie people want to hear. In their hearts they say "Please tell me everything is going to be ok and I don't have to do anything". I'm just pissed at the people for thinking the problem will solve itself. That' self preservation for you though. Wanting to stay quiet hoping somebody else will fix the problem or that it will blow over. Just ignore the problem until the easiest thing is to marginalize the silent people, the people that wanted somebody else to address their fears.

One reason I hope Trump gets in is because of the Mexican issue. This politically correct crap is going to gut this nation.
edit on 9-6-2016 by Apollumi because: just because

edit on 9-6-2016 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I am glad you brought this up and the example of the construction industry as well:

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

More poppycock. People have ALWAYS been willing to do these jobs right here in the USA. Just not for slave wages with no protections. You know who used to do these jobs in the 80s and 90s? A whole lot of ex cons and people convicted of felonies and serious misdemeanors. Want to know why the recidivism rate keeps climbing? Try looking here first. I know that a good deal of denial to felons is due to insurance companies. In many states it is perfectly legal for an insurance company to jack up the premiums of any business that employs felons...NO MATTER HOW LONG AGO THE CRIME WAS COMMITTED ...[snip]...

I was just having a similar conversation the other day about some of your same points here and earlier.

My grandfather was a Master carpenter after WWII, my father became a successful home builder in the south starting in a hard time (late 1970's). All of us as kids grew-up in the construction industry beginning around age 16. Started by cleaning houses...I stayed with it, working eventually as a 'super' leading to project manager etc. during and after college. I left in the 1990's.

I watched everything from general laborers, framers, roofers, great cabinet makers (which slowly were becoming extinct)...with tonnes of experience (and citizens), get phased out in a very short time (starting noticeably about the mid 1980's) by illegal contract labor.

PRIOR to existing citzens (often unionized or decades deeps trades) really beginning to becoming pushed-out or phased-out, ICE would raid entire construction sites. There was not an issue there/then, when this stopped and it was known to have stopped, the change in the South was rapid. Cheap, undocumented, illegal contract labor taking places of established tradesmen/women, Subs and general labor etc. became common place. Simply, out bid and run out of business. Quality definately began to suffer as well.

This affected all contruction commercial and residential. My father had a very deep and established trade book, very loyal to his trades; but they began to dimish as they were losing all other work around them...

As for felons:

I had my own business for several years and hired felons...some of the best employees I ever had. I learned this from the construction industry, they would work hard and were thankful for the work and livable wage. I did not have any illegals. Us small business were always getting hit by INS, large ones left alone.

Currently, I work for a very large industrial company which has plants nationwide (Industrial Management was my degree)...our company does hire felons. Off hand I would say 50-60% under my department are felons. Here all employees are offered a very livable wage, raises and full benifits....which is rare.

There is zero to very little opportunity for them once convicted, they know it. Here, the company will send them/anyone to school to learn an interior trade such as electrician, small engine mechanic, rig mech etc. reguardless of thier past.

That said, the highest they can advance is to a supervisor position (which is not bad) because of the insurance company underwriters. Most of these guys have been here 10 plus years and won't leave...and why would they? Also, I must say they out preform most other employees as a whole.

I have heard so many stories over the years of how they had to go back to crime because they could not make a living/find work or were sick of working 2-3 p/t dead-end jobs, usually as a dishwasher or burger flipper... In Texas you can not get much in the way of assistance if you have a drug charge for example. Illegals can quilify for quite a bit for a number of reasons...and do.

They [felons and serious misd.] can no longer find jobs with benifits or a livable wage in general construction, back to your point...once it was a 'go to' industry (as with many others) for the disenfranchised to get back ahead again...illegals have played a large negative part in closing doors to many that would gladly take the jobs/work and are citizens.

MG

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

this is true i have lived in cali for a long time and this was reveled to me many years ago, at the same time the US lets it happen for the elites benefit.

not only is money made, but know we all fight about it.

think about guys do you really think this wasnt planned many many years ago before most of us were born.
edit on 9-6-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I honestly have no idea how Americans can deny this or defend it.

Defend what? The only thing these 'poor, bad' people want is a better way of life. Mostly the downtrodden and oppressed (mixed with a few bad apples), the propaganda is they are all bad. The real criminals are in the government in both countries.

Way to go blaming the poor for whats wrong, again.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join