It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Perplexing Questions That I Have Not Been Able To Provide An Acceptable Answer To. Can You?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think Douglas Adams answered that one best.

“But what about the End of the Universe? We'll miss the big moment." I've seen it. It's rubbish," said Zaphod,"nothing but a gnab gib." A what?" Opposite of a big bang. Come on, let's get zappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
1, there isn't a god.

2, some things have always been.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've often wondered on the how of it or the why of it and haven't anything new or profound to offer.

One day I realised* that it makes just as much sense for 'something' to exist as for nothing at all to exist.

I've had to be satisfied with that.

*for want of a better word

edit on 8-6-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

I think your first question gets complicated by religious ideals of giving an energy force a persona which is based on the characteristics of the late-to-evolve species of mankind.

It leads onto the question about God's so called claim to be a "Jealous God" why for heavens sake when you have created so many billions and trillions of planets would you care about one tiny one?

Its going down the rabbit hole or better still a black hole.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

It leads onto the question about God's so called claim to be a "Jealous God" why for heavens sake when you have created so many billions and trillions of planets would you care about one tiny one?

Perhaps because He/she/it knows there are others?

what could God possibly be Jealous of?

And why would this entity have such a petty human emotion such as Jealousy

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Those are probably some of the easiest questions to answer. In fact if you cant find an answer to them, and there are many answers all would be as correct as they would be incorrect but answers they would be. So! Ya! If you cant answer those easy peazy questions then you are not putting any effort into it.

Question 1, and 2 are kind of a big duh!

But anyways to save time I will provide some answers for you.

1: God was created from the depths of human despair, madness, and death. More of an insanity then anything else, and before that? Long before the concept of GOD or the GOD's, well them were the days of insanity personified walking the earth, in the living flesh to sort of say. Terrible days indeed. Its easy to prove something which is makebelieve, but only if the believer wants to believe.

2: The second question fails before it even begins as the universe and the so called big bang are merely theories. Humans have a penchant for taking there theories as fact's, that is all, a bad habit. So in till we ship some spam in a spacecan to the edge of the universe some 13.7 billion years from now, we will never know now will we? But we sure as hell can postulate. Besides all of this is merely just the latest reincarnation and recombination of things, an interpretation on a state of matter, you know a vibration, merely a interpretation on the same old thing. It will not always be so. And when it changes, all of it will cease to be, or exist.

Have you ever watched a hamster running in its little wheel, in its little cage? Ever wonder were its going, or why it does that? There's your answer to all of life's mysteries.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: thenightisours

2.) The general accepted theory on the creation of the universe happened approximately 13.7 Billion years ago stated as 'The Big Bang Theory'. What was there before this singularity moment? Where did that come from and how? Again a circular begins.

I don't do religion but the possible answer to your second question has been in my mind for many years....

There was no singularity but a collision between two universally large bodies head on creating the big bang. Before that, there were probably many other big bangs.

And one day we may look up into a new bright sky to see a little girl peering into the lid of the box we are living in.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Not a real answer but one that might fit . Black holes are where stuff comes from and where God is .In that place you have anti-matter and anti-time .......peace

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

These questions are in fact possible to answer, only the answers are not possible to prove.....just yet anyways.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

1. Just because we were created doesn't mean God had to have been. He wouldn't be a god if he was created. It's like saying s lion is at the bottom of the food chain. It's an oxy moron.

2. There is no universe. We don't know if there was a Big Bang or evolution. Those are only scientific theories. And most scientific theories are false. They can't even prove gravity. The earth could be like 20k yrs old

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It is in the Bible.

There's several verses that read that Jesus is the body we're in, and not just us but the Godhead bodily as well.

He is form (Logos). The form of conception.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thenightisours
a reply to: JoshuaCox
Thank you for your responses. Yup, agreed on your textbook answer for #1. It just bugs me a little because as you said it makes zero sense. I guess our continued evolution will unlock the answer to some of these hidden truths to kind of paraphrase Neil Armstrong.

Because you can't have God be created from nothing, by no one...

It is just an attempt to withhold a possible trump card..

If God had a creator, then people would start worshiping his creator, cutting them out of the donation loop.

It's the same reason they dropped the food restrictions, circumcision and "born a Jew or marry a Jew" laws.. You get way farther when not telling people they can't eat bacon and need to cut their penis.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

1. Just because we were created doesn't mean God had to have been. He wouldn't be a god if he was created. It's like saying s lion is at the bottom of the food chain. It's an oxy moron.

2. There is no universe. We don't know if there was a Big Bang or evolution. Those are only scientific theories. And most scientific theories are false. They can't even prove gravity. The earth could be like 20k yrs old

No saying God had no creator is like saying, a lion can do photosynthesis..

Sure it's a logical fallacy that a mammal can subsist off sun light, but it's the same that you could have God just spontaneously pop into existence..... Espeacially when right afterward you say that the Big Bang is garbage FOR EXACTLY THE SAME REASON!!! Lol

You should look up the definition of a scientific theory. It is not the same as a common tong theory..and makes people look foolish when they confuse the two.

Scientific theory= loads of evidence that leads to one definative answer, with no contridictioning experimentation.

Common theory's= some BS I thought up..

They have 2 very distinct definitions.
edit on 8-6-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

These questions are in fact possible to answer, only the answers are not possible to prove.....just yet anyways.

How when we can look bilious of light years into the past and watch the slow evolution of the universe.

Want to know what the universe looked like 10 billion years ago? Look 10 billion light years away and you know.

We might not know exactly what caused the Big Bang, but everything from a few seconds after we have a really good grasp of.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Those are probably some of the easiest questions to answer. In fact if you cant find an answer to them, and there are many answers all would be as correct as they would be incorrect but answers they would be. So! Ya! If you cant answer those easy peazy questions then you are not putting any effort into it.

1: God was created from the depths of human despair, madness, and death. More of an insanity then anything else, and before that? Long before the concept of GOD or the GOD's, well them were the days of insanity personified walking the earth, in the living flesh to sort of say. Terrible days indeed. Its easy to prove something which is makebelieve, but only if the believer wants to believe.

2: The second question fails before it even begins as the universe and the so called big bang are merely theories. Humans have a penchant for taking there theories as fact's, that is all, a bad habit. So in till we ship some spam in a spacecan to the edge of the universe some 13.7 billion years from now, we will never know now will we? But we sure as hell can postulate. Besides all of this is merely just the latest reincarnation and recombination of things, an interpretation on a state of matter, you know a vibration, merely a interpretation on the same old thing. It will not always be so. And when it changes, all of it will cease to be, or exist.

Have you ever watched a hamster running in its little wheel, in its little cage? Ever wonder were its going, or why it does that? There's your answer to all of life's mysteries.

Man...it is amazing how few people know the definition of a scientific theory..

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

sounds like you are Jewish or something, what with the questioning God and stuff. lol anyway, go read the Bible and see how that answers you. The Big Bang whatever is b.s. Intelligent design is a given. Read Darwin's Black Box.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

It seems to me that we can give credit to a lot of improvements in society due to science...

and not so much the bible

said big bang might just be a theory but at least its logical...

as opposed to "poof" humans/earth

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: rukia

It seems to me that we can give credit to a lot of improvements in society due to science...

and not so much the bible

said big bang might just be a theory but at least its logical...

as opposed to "poof" humans/earth

It is not just a theory....

Scientific theory vs. mine/your theory

Totally different things.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

sounds like you are Jewish or something, what with the questioning God and stuff. lol anyway, go read the Bible and see how that answers you. The Big Bang whatever is b.s. Intelligent design is a given. Read Darwin's Black Box.

OMG! All I can do is laugh out loud and shake my head with such an ignorant comment: "sounds like you are Jewish or something" WTF??? This has nothing to do with the questions. But to quell any of you fears, no I am not jewish, never have been, never will be. I was raised in another denomination, but these days follow a more spiritual life.

I have read the bible, Darwin and many scientific theories, which still ALL lead ME unsatisfied with an answer to my questions.

just *shaking my head* and feeling a need to just stop here. Peace!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

I would have to respectfully disagree that these are easy questions to answer. Perhaps if one just wants to accept non-answers for answers and can no longer be challenged to want more, which is the camp I am in, I want to know more.

I am not saying there is or isn't a good. But more than 90% of our planets 7+ Billion inhabitants DO believe in some type of God/Creator/Higher Power or whatever. So if that were the case, where did God come from?

As far as the beginning of the Universe, as I said, right now at least, the overwhelming scientific community believes the "Big Bang Theory". Although we have no idea how big this Universe is (we can only see the light of stars that our current telescopes allow us to see......we have no idea if there is a center or not. But any way, What came before the Big Bang? where did it come from? and then if we know that, same question, where. how and when?

Not so easy to answer for inquiring minds. It's ok to have a belief that you wish to believe and stay with, but, then I am the type of person that requires facts to support it.

A hamster in a cage running around his wheel perhaps represents a creature who is trying to find answer a way out of this cage and is not content to just lay in the corner, but would rather insanely (do the same thing over and over again, expecting different results). That's all he's got. WE humans have many wheels to spin and most of our cages have open doors to walk into different rooms to find new clues and piece together new ideas and update existing theories and paradigms. Peace!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join