It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Perplexing Questions That I Have Not Been Able To Provide An Acceptable Answer To. Can You?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
For the longest time including right up to this moment, there have been at least two questions that have me baffled and I have not been able to come up with what I would call an acceptable answer for my liking. Maybe you have thought about these as well and I hope to stimulate some thoughts, speculation, answers.

I put this in this forum because I wanted to hopefully have a friendly broad discussion. Any and All responses will be respected and do not wish this to turn into a fight, but rather a light and thoughtful debate and sharing of ideas.

Simply the questions are:

1.) If there is a God, where did he/it come from? Then the natural follow-up is how/who/why/where, and the circular argument begins.

2.) The general accepted theory on the creation of the universe happened approximately 13.7 Billion years ago stated as 'The Big Bang Theory'. What was there before this singularity moment? Where did that come from and how? Again a circular begins.

So there you have it. I cannot answer these questions satisfactorily. i realize that maybe or should I say for sure, we still have a lot more to learn, explore and then maybe clarity to these questions will become more visible.

I realize that both of these questions can conjure up both scientific and theological perspectives and I am eager to see what the ATS community has to say.

Thank you for your consideration and as this is my very first thread ever I hope you will find it fun, spirited and provocative.

edit on 8-6-2016 by thenightisours because: sentence structure

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

questions like these are not possible to answer... we can only speculate though either science or theology

1. Most would say God has always been... not that he came from anything... He is existence... and all exist within HIM

2. As far as i know the theory of what happened before the big bang was the big crush... that being the former universe collapsed in on itself... just a theory of course

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

As you clearly realise both questions have no answer.

Anyone who tells you there is an answer to either or both is a fruitcake.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
1) when a mommy god and a daddy god love each other very much....

2) So, one hypothesis is the m-theory 11 dimensions discussed in quantum mechanics / string theory sort of level stuff.

Basically, imagine a bunch of rippling planes beside each other..these are dimensions. occasionally the ripples sort of slap against one another and create a huge explosion and energy transfer, all quite impressive really. could be going on in infinate areas..slapping each other and creating these explosions of energy.

We are theoretically in one of those explosion points. this observable universe may be one of a uncountable number of universe bubbles out there constantly being made, expanded, fizzling out, and floating on in a seemingly eternal space.

a pretty neat video set on this to check out (very entertaining to watch, very science'y, but also a lot of hypothesis) is called "The Elegant Universe".

So yeah, these big dimensional membranes are smacking and transferring energy and ultimately a matter "creating" (transforming/transferring) events.

But not to worry, Trump will build a wall to keep illegal energies out of this universe.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

questions like these are not possible to answer... we can only speculate though either science or theology

1. Most would say God has always been... not that he came from anything... He is existence... and all exist within HIM

2. As far as i know the theory of what happened before the big bang was the big crush... that being the former universe collapsed in on itself... just a theory of course

Thanks for your thoughts. I still cannot wrap my mind your first answer, although I have read this before and I know it is in the bible, but for me, it just leaves me lacking something.....but as you said, maybe just impossible to answer.

As far as your second answer, for me, it just begs the question where did all of this big crush come from? How did it begin? Again good thoughts. Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

...why is there no answer to the scientific question about the universe?...there are a few well founded theories. stephen hawking writes and discusses the subject quite often.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Naa, that was a suggestion about our current universe, if it would expand out into the inevitable heat death, or would eventually slow down and move back in on itself, creating a crunch
They are now fairly certain it will not crunch..the universe will fizzle out and die.

RIP universe

link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Theories are not answers.

Only answers are answers.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

link   

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

LOL, thanks for the tip. BTW, I really don't like fruit cake. Thanks

link   

originally posted by: thenightisours
For the longest time including right up to this moment, there have been at least two questions that have me baffled and I have not been able to come up with what I would call an acceptable answer for my liking. Maybe you have thought about these as well and I hope to stimulate some thoughts, speculation, answers.

I put this in this forum because I wanted to hopefully have a friendly broad discussion. Any and All responses will be respected and do not wish this to turn into a fight, but rather a light and thoughtful debate and sharing of ideas.

Simply the questions are:

1.) If there is a God, where did he/it come from? Then the natural follow-up is how/who/why/where, and the circular argument begins.

2.) The general accepted theory on the creation of the universe happened approximately 13.7 Billion years ago stated as 'The Big Bang Theory'. What was there before this singularity moment? Where did that come from and how? Again a circular begins.

So there you have it. I cannot answer these questions satisfactorily. i realize that maybe or should I say for sure, we still have a lot more to learn, explore and then maybe clarity to these questions will become more visible.

I realize that both of these questions can conjure up both scientific and theological perspectives and I am eager to see what the ATS community has to say.

Thank you for your consideration and as this is my very first thread ever I hope you will find it fun, spirited and provocative.

1) God was the beginning. He had no creator, nor did he spontaneously appear....of course that makes zero sense.....but that is the textbook answer..

2) a vast hyperspace that contains the gagillions of other universes predicted in m theory.

The common view of the Big Bang is a little off..

It wasn't a spontaneous explosion of hydrogen.

It was an explosion of protons and electrons, prob caused by the same hyperspace forces that caused the rest of the multiverse.

I always found the explosion of hydrogen to be weird. Why hydrogen? Why not something else??

Well it wasn't an explosion of hydrogen, so much as bonded protons and electrons. Hydrogen is one proton and one electron. So really it was an explosion of then, and we just happen to call that hydrogen.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts. I still cannot wrap my mind your first answer, although I have read this before and I know it is in the bible, but for me, it just leaves me lacking something.....but as you said, maybe just impossible to answer.

actually its not in the bible... the bible only states the beginning... but before the beginning is never mentioned... You'd have to resort to gnostic theology to find that God has always been

Though again as you've stated... these are questions that have no answer... we don't know and we likely never will... the universe is just too big to figure such mysteries out... but its fun to speculate

As far as your second answer, for me, it just begs the question where did all of this big crush come from? How did it begin? Again good thoughts. Peace

Well in that particular theory, this is a never ending cycle... its always been, and always will be...

the universe expands and contracts, creating and destroying itself... the theoretical breath of God

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

Theories are not answers.

Only answers are answers.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Scientific theories are answers. Laymans term theories are random guesses.

The 2 things are not even similar.

Scientific theory = collection of facts and repeatable experimentation that lead to one definative conclusion, with no credibe discounting evidence....which is the definition of an answer.

My pet theory= some junk I pulled out of my @$$ that kinda sounds good...

edit on 8-6-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
To put it simply these two questions ask the same question, the answers being two sides of the same mountain.

Have you ever studied monism? It is a belief system which states that God is a what not a who... And that is everything. The classical definition of a God is something more powerful than yourself.

The question is a rabbit hole that is your own personal journey through this life. Have fun with the answer!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox
Thank you for your responses. Yup, agreed on your textbook answer for #1. It just bugs me a little because as you said it makes zero sense. I guess our continued evolution will unlock the answer to some of these hidden truths to kind of paraphrase Neil Armstrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
To put it simply these two questions ask the same question, the answers being two sides of the same mountain.

Have you ever studied monism? It is a belief system which states that God is a what not a who... And that is everything. The classical definition of a God is something more powerful than yourself.

The question is a rabbit hole that is your own personal journey through this life. Have fun with the answer!

Thanks. I wouldn't say both questions are the same. And no, have not studied monism, but did do a quick search and found that.....

Substance monism is the philosophical view that a variety of existing things can be explained in terms of a single reality or substance. Another definition states that all existing things go back to a source that is distinct from them (e.g., in Neoplatonism everything is derived from The One).

Which in that case could be the answer to many questions. Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
1) when a mommy god and a daddy god love each other very much....

2) So, one hypothesis is the m-theory 11 dimensions discussed in quantum mechanics / string theory sort of level stuff.

Basically, imagine a bunch of rippling planes beside each other..these are dimensions. occasionally the ripples sort of slap against one another and create a huge explosion and energy transfer, all quite impressive really. could be going on in infinate areas..slapping each other and creating these explosions of energy.

We are theoretically in one of those explosion points. this observable universe may be one of a uncountable number of universe bubbles out there constantly being made, expanded, fizzling out, and floating on in a seemingly eternal space.

a pretty neat video set on this to check out (very entertaining to watch, very science'y, but also a lot of hypothesis) is called "The Elegant Universe".

So yeah, these big dimensional membranes are smacking and transferring energy and ultimately a matter "creating" (transforming/transferring) events.

But not to worry, Trump will build a wall to keep illegal energies out of this universe.

Haha, I wonder if mommy and daddy gods have any other kids? LOL

I do understand your string theory answer, and that is certainly possible, especially m-theory. But it still begs the question of did all of this begin? What or how or who did it.

I sure hope we find out before Trump builds that big beautiful wall. But he did say it would have big door, maybe a black hole.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

"I don't know" is an answer.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
to a microorganism direct sunlight couod very well.be death, to a vulture the sun warms it, and lrovides the thermal heat it soars on. directly plants mainly use these suns rays

indirectly the surrounding area is ones biosphere. what is gods biosphere?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
1) A
2) D (all of the above)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Yessss, the Immaterium calls to usss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join