It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"To Bernie voters left out in the cold by a rigged system, we welcome you with open arms".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

To all those Bernie Sanders voters who have been left out in the cold by a rigged system of superdelegates, we welcome you with open arms,"

said Trump tonight........

Here is the entire 15+ minute speech...

Anyway, he goes on to say that he has a major speech prepared for this coming Monday in which

we're going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons,"

"I think you're going to find it very informative and very, very interesting. I wonder if the press will want to attend. Who knows? Hillary Clinton turned the State Department into her private hedge fund. The Russians, the Saudis, the Chinese all gave money to Bill and Hillary and got favorable treatment in return. It's a sad day in america when foreign governments with deep pockets have more influence in our own country than our great citizens."

www.weeklystandard.com...

There is plenty of rhetoric on the net these days as to party alignment versus individual alignment but I personally think it is not a complex situation.

On the one hand you have a propaganda mouthpiece (let's call it "TV" for arguments sake) spewing predictable diatribe attempting to pigeon-hole every single human into a pre-determined labeled category. Depending upon which propaganda an individual is most susceptible to will depend upon which candidate they end up voting for and which candidate they will come to believe is the devil incarnate.

On the other hand, you have citizens who have discarded this way of thinking due to ALL political parties being nothing but a rigged disappointment and have concluded that their choice, whilst not ideal, is better than the alternative.

Aside from Trump suggesting the Bernie supporters have been shafted by a presumptuous DNC establishment and Clinton campaign already calling it a Clinton nomination because she has reached a technical milestone, it's very evident that Sanders' supporters are not die-hard Democrats like Hillary supporters are. If Bernie throws his support behind Hillary I believe a reasonable portion of his current supporters will loose confidence in him and either not vote at all or will vote Trump (because they hold very little to no allegiance to the DNC anyway).

Then there is a 3rd category of citizens - those who are not going to vote at all because it makes no difference anyway because the POTUS is already decided and this is all merely smoke and mirrors.

So, I am wondering if Trump has any new information on Hillary when she was Secretary of State or whether he is simply going to regurgitate existing talking points of which most of us are aware of anyway.

To me, it appears he is simply gearing up to mete out a proportionate response to Hillary having a go at him a few days ago.

So, ATS Bernie supporters, a question for you - if Hillary gets the nod from the DNC will you:
a) Vote Hillary for POTUS in November?
b) Vote Trump for POTUS in November?
c) Not vote?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

A lot of Bernie supporters will vote for the Green Party.

I don't think many will vote Hillary.

We will be hearing to the contrary from the Hillary Campaign.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Good points as usual.

I will support the democratic candidate without hesitation.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Is that a white camacho I see in those youtube stills?

He's got strippers hanging out behind him and everything.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
How can Donald Trump prove that he's not intentionally throwing the election to Hillary? Should I start a thread with this question?

link   

said Trump tonight....

To which Sanders supporters quickly replied.'Shut up you RACIST!.

link   

I won't vote or I'll hold out to see if anyone throws their hat into the ring as an independent.

link   

link   
Ugh it was bad enough listening to it once.
What did he tweet the other day after Hillary's scathing speech?
Oh yeah
"Reading poorly, unpresidential, no longer has credibility"

Yes that was it...

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Not technically a supporter but I did vote for him in today's primary despite being completely aware that he wasn't going to win.

I really can't understand why anyone supporting Bernie would vote for Trump... ever. I'm a realist, I think the biggest part of the Bernie supporters will vote for Clinton. The next largest chunk will sit out the election. Following that will be people who will vote for a 3rd party candidate. I'm sure there will be some fraction of the Sanders supporters who will vote for Trump.

It's looking like Hillary is having a big night so far. She's won New Jersey by a wide margin, she won New Mexico, she's leading in Montana and South Dakota. We'll see how it all shakes out but it looks to me like support for Clinton is already starting to coalesce.

As for Donald Trump speech. I see he got somebody to write a speech for him. Good for him. He still ended up lying as he was "inviting" the Sanders's supporters ironically enough:

"left out by a rigged system of superdelegates"

Superdelegates aren't stealing anything. That's a lie. Hillary Clinton will have a majority of pledged delegates by the end of the night.

Speaking of which, to expound on my earlier remarks, I think a lot of it really depends on what happens with Bernie Sanders now. If he goes hard and tries to steal the nomination via superdelegates (it's still wrong no matter who does it), it will be worse for Clinton than if Sanders bows out gracefully.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I really can't understand why anyone supporting Bernie would vote for Trump... ever.

Rather easy to understand why they SHOULD.

Even easier to understand why they WONT.

Battered wife syndrome.

No matter how much a guy beats his wife.

The wife will never leave him.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
When faced with the stark reality of a President Trump, Bernie's supporters will stampede to Clinton's camp. Give it time and a few more ridiculous gaffes by the Donald that reveal his true character.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
And right after this, Bernie supporters threw bricks at police horses and egged a 95 year old woman after stripping her nude, I heard.

But yeah, fig leaf and all.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Here, let me translate that for you so everyone can understand what you're saying.

Oh my great queen of corruption Hillary, I will defend your criminality with all my strength and defend your scumbaggery at every opportunity. I am your sock puppet.

Nailed it.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Hypothetically, if Hillary does not get the nomination, how would you vote?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Hypothetically, if Hillary does not get the nomination, how would you vote?

This just in.

Clinton leading Sanders by 300,000 votes in Cali.

www.cnn.com...

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why we should? Oh please, why should we? Is it because he's not an establishment politician because I can't think of a single reason why I should vote for a pathological liar to be the leader of the free world and commander and chief of the worlds largest military. The man who said he'd support torture, kill terrorists families, ban all Muslims from entering the US, put American Muslims into a data base, isn't anyone I want to be commanding my military.

He loves that the gov't spies on Americans. He's pissed of the world with his rhetoric and that's because he's offensive and prides himself on it so I worry about his interactions with world leaders.

He's thin skinned. He claims he's anti PC but God help you if you mock him in anyway because Snowflake Trump will try his best to sue you. Speaking of law suits, it's looks like he scammed hundreds of people out of thousands of dollars. Now, why would any self respecting billionaire waste his time scamming poor people out of thousands of dollars? That's because he's a liar and he's not a billionaire.

So I say to you, you silly conservatives, you've just elected a con man to lead your party. Well done.

Talk about battered wife syndrome. You would support anyone who claims to be a Republican and this cycle you choose the worst possible candidate to represent you.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Hey please by all means and vote for a lying,conniving,criminal, career politician.

I want the LEFT wing to show their true colors to the world.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Johnson seems like a nice guy but the LP is basically an innocuous looking facade masking an ideological abomination. Libertarians always seem great until you start putting together all the pieces of their positions and realize that it's nothing but a prescription for a regressive hellhole.

Allow me to direct your attention to the LP platform page:

on the environment:

Free markets and property rights stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect our environment and ecosystems.

They want to get rid of the EPA, the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, etc because they have perfect faith that an unregulated free market will result in pressure on corporations not to pollute.

on labor:

Employment and compensation agreements between private employers and employees are outside the scope of government, and these contracts should not be encumbered by government-mandated benefits or social engineering. We support the right of private employers and employees to choose whether or not to bargain with each other through a labor union. Bargaining should be free of government interference, such as compulsory arbitration or imposing an obligation to bargain.

They want to do away with OSHA. They want to do away with the National Labor Relations Board. They also want to gut labor law. They're ideologically opposed to collective bargaining.

The "unregulated free market" isn't the answer to every question man has ever had. Their obsession borders on the religious and they're every bit as delusional as Communists proved to be. Those two platform positions alone have me thinking a proper slogan for the Johnson 2016 campaign could be "Make America Third World."
edit on 2016-6-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join