It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: "I'm Not Changing."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Donald Trump has said, more than once, that he is not going to change his style. Many of his supporters applaud that because they approve of his style. They want him to be blunt and forthright in stating his opinions.

They, themselves, are blunt and forthright in stating their opinions. They don't feel the need for diplomatic language within their own circle of friends and acquaintances and don't see the need for diplomacy in the President of the United States.

Diplomacy and restraint are for politicians and Donald Trump's supporters don't want another politician. They support him because he is not a politician.

Mr. Trump's refusal to change his style is interpreted as strength of character by his supporters, but is there more to it?

Is it possible that Mr. Trump's stated refusal to change is, in fact, a defense mechanism being used to conceal neurotic behavior that Mr. Trump is not able to change?

I think so and I don't think that the majority of political pundits that appear on television, commenting on developments this primary season yet realize exactly what they are dealing with in Donald Trump.

They think that he is just a loose cannon. They seem to believe that Republican heavyweights are unnerved by Donald Trump, to the point of disagreeing with him and issuing corrective counter comments to comments made by Mr. Trump, but they and these same Republican heavyweights seem to be, in my opinion, continuing to labor under the illusion that Donald Trump is "teachable", that he will come around, if shown the way.

I think that both these sets of knowledgeable people are mistaken. Mr. Trump may be teachable, but I don't believe that he is able, and I use the term advisedly, I don't believe he is able to control himself.

What he has been doing, throughout the campaign, in making his numerous intemperate and inaccurate pronouncements, is to take an abnormal and unbalanced mental condition out of the controlled environment of his business and personal activities, where he is the boss and where voices critical of his statements are, to a very great degree, stifled, and putting it on display for the greater American public to see.

As in the case of the "Emperor" of the fable, though, very few onlookers are willing to acknowledge what they are seeing when they look at Donald Trump.

www.washingtonpost.com... _story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trump530p%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Donald Trump said Monday it was “inappropriate” for Newt Gingrich to demand he drop the subject of an American judge’s ethnicity and start acting like “a potential leader of the United States.”

Several Republican leaders have indicated disagreement with Mr. Trump's statements about the judge who is handling a lawsuit against Trump University, statements to the effect that Judge Curiel would not be able to deal with the court case because he is of Mexican heritage and, Mr. Trump presumes, opposed to the candidate's stated intention to build a wall along the Mexican border.

Mr. Trump defended his comments, saying that they came in the context of hostile questioning about Trump University, but some prominent Republican leaders saw no need for a response along the line taken by Mr. Trump, which was perceived as racist.

The message was repeated Monday, this time from House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Jason Chaffetz.

“Why doesn’t he just say, ‘look it’s (raising a question about judicial bias) up to the attorneys’ ... and leave it at that?” Chaffetz said on Fox News Channel. “And then you move on.”

What Congressman Chaffetz suggested, is what most people in Mr. Trump's position would do, particularly when about to run for the nation's highest office, and being cognizant of the necessity, in the circumstances, of not needlessly offending sizable segments of the electorate.

It's just common sense. Does Mr. Trump lack common sense? No. I don't believe it for a second. Mr. Trump is a very smart man who has built a considerable real estate empire. He has sense. He has common sense. He is smart.

So, what are we to make of the following?

Trump already has rejected calls for him to adjust his approach.

“I’m not changing,” he said Tuesday at a fiery news conference at Trump Tower.

My own opinion, is that Mr. Trump is not changing because he has a mental condition which he cannot control and that he has crafted a personal style that enables him to conceal that condition in his business and day to day dealings.

What the actual clinical condition is, is not particularly important for our purposes. Naming the condition would only lead to the spinning of discussion down innumerable avenues dealing with correct diagnosis, possible treatments and comparisons to others afflicted with the same syndrome.

For the purposes of the American electorate, the most important thing to note is that Mr. Trump can't seem to control his tongue, even in the face of very compelling strategic reasons to do so.

This is disturbing to responsible persons in the Republican Party hierarchy, who want to win an election. They have to be strategizing on how to successfully run a candidate afflicted with a kind of political "Tourette's Syndrome".

What are the "work arounds" for the situation?

It is possible that there may be no work arounds for the Republican Party in this situation, but there certainly is a work around for an American electorate having second thoughts about electing a President who can't seem to control his tongue, particularly if Mr. Trump continues to furnish us with examples of lip shots that are not in his own self interest.
edit on 7-6-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Is it possible that Trump is just the world's biggest troll ever?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Breach of promise.

Just months ago he was saying if he's the nominee he would change and be soooo Presidential we would get sick of his Presidentialness. Now he's the nominee, he says "I'm not changing".

A man of his word? Just a taste of what's to come folks.

April fools!

He has the temperament of a four year old, and he's not changing.

edit on 6/7/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Frankly, while there are things he could have said more diplomatically, I don't see the point of him changing at this point.

Even if he had said what he said about the judge in a more diplomatic way (because there is a very valid reason for him to not want that judge and be suspicious of his reason to be impartial), anything he said would have been boiled more or less down to a version of what he ended up saying anyhow by the punditry and media commentariat.

The official story for any Republican is that he or she must be racist among other things.

And frankly, at this point, I cannot find it in myself to be moved to care. Maybe it's because I've been accused of racism ever since the first Obama election for not avidly supporting the president and the race card is just overdrawn at this point.

And if I'm there, I can't be alone.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Who is anybody to say that Trump has to change? Remember that newsroom movie where the guy was really pissed off and got everybody to say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!". That is Trump, people are mad as hell at the MSM, at politicians, at banks, at the complete and utter unfairness of society.

Yeah, he has tapped into the rage, good for him, it's about f#ing time somebody did. If he wins, it's more than obvious he's on the right track. The only reason the libtards are being whipped up is because that is what their handlers want. Their handlers fear what a nationalist will do to bring all these criminals to justice.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/7.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/7.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I like Trump's blunt "tell it like he sees and feels it" style, but he is not being advised correctly. All Trump has to do is focus on Obama-Clinton failures, and counter those negative statements with what he will do to improve/fix things.

As I've said, and will continue to say every chance I get, as Donald Trump continues to falter... Donald Trump is intentionally throwing the election to Hillary.

Sure, he can say negative things about her, but by also speaking negatively about Mexicans, Blacks, Women, he knows that those voters will not vote for him. They will either vote for Clinton, or sit out the election. Either one, and Clinton wins.

Their plan works, and President Clinton will reward Donald Trump's empire with sweet government contracts and IRS forgiveness...and much more. (None of it will be public knowledge, of course.)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

In a philosophical sense, I agree with you. Who is anybody to say that anybody has to change?

In the practical world though, adaptation is a law of nature. I don't think Mr. Trump's supporters are thinking things through. They are letting their feelings dominate their rational faculties. Most of them might well say, "So be it. That's who we are. That's what's happening in America."

My own view is that America can't prosper when feelings overwhelm thoughts.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 762016 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
But Trump has already changed. He read his script from a teleprompter, that someone else had written.

That wasn't the same old Trump we know and love tonite, definitely more subdued without the fire.

More changes on the way....

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Prediction... That change won't last. I don't think the guy is capable of taking constructive criticism and/or advice from others. Time will tell whether my gut impression of him is correct or incorrect...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

In a philosophical sense, I agree with you. Who is anybody to say that anybody has to change?

In the practical world though, adaptation is a law of nature. I don't think Mr. Trump's supporters are thinking things through. They are letting their feelings dominate their rational faculties. Most of them might well say, "So be it. That's who we are. That's what's happening in America."

My own view is that America can't prosper when feelings overwhelm thoughts.

I agree to some extent, but the problem is that there is rampant and unabated corruption in politics. People are getting fed up and want to see some real change. If the government won't comply with peaceful change, I guess they are going to have to deal with violent change. The people make the requests, if politicians don't listen, I guess this is what they get, Trump and millions of very pissed off people. It looks good on the sitting politicians. It will look better when they are wearing orange.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
Prediction... That change won't last. I don't think the guy is capable of taking constructive criticism and/or advice from others. Time will tell whether my gut impression of him is correct or incorrect...

Either Trump changes or the GOP neocons will trash him, pull his funding, denounce him.....

Don't forget there are other congressmen, governors and Reps running for election as well; Trump is pulling them down with him and this is something they will not tolerate. Either Trump changes and toes the party line or the GOP will let him lose to the dembs and support impeachment proceedings for his ties to corrupt mob figures. Trump has some ugly skeletons, yet to be revealed. He knows this....He will change!!
edit on 7-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Either Trump changes or the GOP neocons will trash him, pull his funding, denounce him.....

Don't forget there are other congressmen, governors and Reps running for election as well; Trump is pulling them down with him and this is something they will not tolerate.

Thanks for reminding me of that, Olaru12. Trump is not only intentionally "throwing" the Presidency to Clinton, but the House, Senate, and tons of local offices over to Democratic ownership as well. It's disgusting what he and Hillary have engineered behind closed doors!
edit on 6/7/2016 by carewemust because: Did Trump Really Say that Republicans are Gullible and Stupid?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: olaru12

Don't forget there are other congressmen, governors and Reps running for election as well; Trump is pulling them down with him and this is something they will not tolerate.

Thanks for reminding me of that, Olaru12. Trump is not only intentionally "throwing" the Presidency to Clinton, but the House, Senate, and tons of local offices over to Democratic ownership as well. It's disgusting what he and Hillary have engineered behind closed doors!

What astonishes me is the child like naivete of Trump supporters; still living in Mayberry RFD with goober and aunt BEA; blindly believing that American politics has some type of BS Marquis of Queensbery rules; when in reality, is a nasty, corrupt, ugly, stinking world where they will kill you if you even think of rocking the Boat.

JFK and Bobby Kennedy ring a bell?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I think your close I've noticed a couple of things about Trump I haven't seen mentioned. Here's what I mean people are looking at things the wrong way. For example the Mexican judge thing people see this as him being racist but hats not it at all. What he is doing is using the media to change the outcome of his trial. See what people see as straight forward isn't that at all. Trump cannot separate himself everything is about Trump. Even his quest for president he thinks anything involving him is related to his candidacy. He can't separate personal from Profesional and sees everything as an attack.

We should realize Trump sees himself as a brand he markets himself and it's this ego that will be his worst enemy. For example I know people in his campaign has told him to stop his tweets ,He cant he thinks he needs to share his opinions and promote his brand that being himself. Bottom line he's a narcasist and we see it in his actions and his statements. He is important above all us and yes even his campaign. So what people see as racist or even his statement where he said if you see someone about to throw tomatoes at hmm hit them and I'll pay legal fees. This is Trump's high opinion of himself this trait is shared by many billionaires. They think they are more important money is no longer a motivation so they choose there image.

In this race Hillary is exactly the same saying or doing whatever she needs to do to sell her brand. This election year will be the battle of narcasists.
edit on 6/7/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
Is it possible that Trump is just the world's biggest troll ever?

Donald Trump Said Republicans are the Dumbest Group of Voters-Fiction!

Not surprised. If this was true we would have heard about it on CNN a long time ago.

Good propaganda though, for people who sit in front of the computer but won't take 5 seconds to use a search engine.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I'll take a non-politician that speaks his mind over a lying politician any day. He says what he feels. That's refreshing. Can't imagine why anyone would want a known liar, instead.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Who does the US military soldiers support?

That tells me what I need to know.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Fair enough, I was wrong on that quote.

I'm happy to admit I'm wrong, unlike some of your conservative friends who like to rewrite history.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's even better propaganda, much worse than an uninformed search, instead using outright deception.
edit on 8-6-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Go Trump

Keep telling the truth the public don't want to hear.

It's going to be a great day when he walks into the white house. Hopefully some real change will happen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join