It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama not ready to endorse Clinton 'at this point:' White House

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Since the time of Andrew Jackson's run for the presidency in 1828, individual political parties have had the job of filling any vacancy on their national ticket, either that of their presidential or vice-presidential candidate. If one of their candidates vacates the ticket after they are nominated, either because of death or withdrawal, the party selects a replacement.

No President-elect has in fact failed to be sworn in. Nevertheless, the rules for what would happen if a President-elect were to be unavailable to be sworn in actually became a part of our law with the adoption of the 20th Amendment in 1933. This amendment was passed primarily to shorten the length of time between the general election and the beginning of the new administration (inauguration day was moved from March to January). But it also specified that if, at the time of the inauguration, the President-elect has died, then the Vice-President-elect becomes President, and if a President has not yet been qualified by that time, then the Vice-President-elect acts as President until a President has been so qualified.

teachinghistory.org...
edit on 6/7/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/7/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Did you ask the person who said it was true how they know it? Nope. I checked. You didn't ask the OP to prove it. Why? Because it fits what you want to believe that's why. I know it because I heard him say it with my own ears that's how I know it. Wanna hear it too.

video.foxnews.com...=show-clips

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thank you. It doesn't have anything to do with what I said but thanks. I knew that already.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It does confirm what I said, which is that the DNC would select their own candidate if Hillary is indicted after nomination.
Your previous post was stated to say that the above would be false, but it is not.

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: thenightisours

Lies .nothing but lies.Obama didn't tell Comey to hold off and he didn't tell lynch not to do anything.
As a matter of fact he's stated publicly that he would not do that.

No, not lies, just obvious assumptions based upon Big O's previous behavior. Like 'not a smidgen' of proof that the IRS held up conservative filings as non-profits.....lookee now, what a lie that was. Or how about Fast and Furious, all those guns that Holder knew and approved with the Big O's head nod, that ended up killing a US Border Patrol agent.....that was a lie, or how come we can't nor can the US congress read the addendums to the Iran deal? Nothing to see here move along.

This has been the least transparent administration that I can remember. So my assumptions that the Big O has leaned on Comey, FBI and Lynch, USAtty Gen are based upon previous behavior. Obama and Clinton(s) are the liars and they have been caught more than twice.

What we really need is a good old 'Deep Throat' from back in the Watergate days. If we had reporters and people of principle doing their jobs today......Obama would never have been elected and Big Hill would be in jail.

I guess we are both looking at the same thing......but are seeing things differently. That's ok but please do not call me a liar. Peace!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think he is waiting for bernie to bow out if he loses cali, then he will endorse clinton

you know he's dying to stick it to the birther

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
the guy in the WH is waiting for the 'All clear'... from the FBI, so Barry will not have to use his Trump Card of Presidential Clemency/ Presidential Pardon for an indicted Hillary...
of course we already knew that the Nations' prosecutor Ms Lynch would never prosecute Hillary either...

but Barry has to Pardon her before the Attorney General gets the prosecution papers and then has to either decide for herself to prosecute or to just sit-on-her-hands until Barry S. stops the process

heck fire Hillary took the Benghazi flack for Barry, so She is entitled to expect any formal prosecution of the personal server filtering E-mails while in the State Department to be squashed forth-with

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

so I'm sure you are going to use don's real name, drumpf ?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Now everybody, including Bernie of course, are just waiting to see if Hillary gets indicted

That may be the case

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
a reply to: St Udio

so I'm sure you are going to use don's real name, drumpf ?

Are you insulting his German heritage? Being German myself I'd ask what's your point.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Now everybody, including Bernie of course, are just waiting to see if Hillary gets indicted

That may be the case

She won't be Obama could all ready have gotten that rolling. I think for now holding the threat over her head is far more benificial for him. He's going to want to do something after he leaves office. And Obama is very clever. So I can see him using this to get a position at say the UN or special envoy position.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Obama has to leave himself room to step back from any endorsement of Mrs.Clinton.

Any small child knows if you put your foot in dog...t it's going to stick to your shoe.

It's way too late to cover her corruption up.

She was stupid enough to think what worked twenty years ago would work twice.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Willtell

That may be the case

She won't be Obama could all ready have gotten that rolling. I think for now holding the threat over her head is far more benificial for him. He's going to want to do something after he leaves office. And Obama is very clever. So I can see him using this to get a position at say the UN or special envoy position.

I think you might be right.

Maybe Obama, but more than likely some other faction of power will hold this over Hillary’s head during her entire administration.

They always like to have something to blackmail their political puppets with

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

...it would not be ethical.

'Ethical'? It is his opinion. How can that be unethical? Clinton endorsed Gore in December of 1999 before there was even a primary season.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But there are still two democratesi in the race and it would not be ethical. So no he can't just because he's the president.
After tonight there will be no doubt and he will endorse the actual winner.

"democratesi" Is that Italian or Portuguese?

I like it, it alludes to the old by gone days of Mussolini. And his politics pretty much mirror today's democrat party..

Cool huh?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Biden-Sanders 2016

top topics

<< 1   >>

join