It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing Challenge - RV'ing the Root Cause of the Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

It's been a wild ride in recent times here on ATS, exploring the Mandela Effect & various particular data which seem to be entangled with the effect in some way. The conversations have been far-reaching, interesting & controversial, and battle lines have been firmly drawn in the sand concerning the validity of the effect, which is perceived by thousands, perhaps millions of people in some cases.

Slightly off-topic from the Mandela Effect, I have long enjoyed looking into Remote Viewing, and have read many books on the subject, as well as having participated in thread discussions, plus many real world conversations, concerning the apparent reality of the RV phenomenon. Again, there are divides in the ATS membership on whether RV is a legitimate field of study for the accessing of hidden information. Some people are adamant that no evidence exists for the phenomenon - and yet highly intelligent, capable & experienced scientists such as Jacques Vallee are equally adamant that evidence for its legitimacy as an investigative tool does indeed exist.

This thread is not an attempt to prove or disprove either the Mandela Effect, or Remote Viewing - this thread is a call to arms, for anyone who is in a position to investigate at a grass roots level. I am looking for people who are capable of tasking a remote viewer, who must be blind to the target of the session. You should be able to serve as a dispassionate and non-leading monitor of the sessions if possible, but you should at least be capable of tasking the viewer for a blind session. All that is required is to write the following on a piece of paper, and then seal it in an envelope with the label "Target 1A". The target can be described as the following:

"Determine the tangible root cause/s of the phenomenon known as 'the Mandela Effect'. Determine who or what is responsible for the effect, and determine the scale of what is unfolding on Earth at this time, relative to the effect being studied. If possible, determine what percentage of people on Earth are susceptible to this phenomenon. Determine whether there is any generalised or specific risk to Humanity as a whole, or to people individually, with regards to this effect. If possible, determine a solution which enables individuals, or Humanity as a whole, to overcome any negative consequence of the Mandela Effect, its cause/s and the agency or perpetrator/s responsible."

It is imperative that the remote viewer undertaking the session assigned is not aware of the questions posed in the target tasking. Ideally, the viewer will not be aware of the Mandela Effect, but a passing familiarity with the concept will not unduly influence the session, if normal protocols for avoiding analytical overlay are followed. If you personally are not able to task a viewer with this project, but know someone who is in a position to undertake the project, then please direct them to read this thread OP, and to proceed with integrity to undertake the challenge.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional remote viewer or monitor, and as a result, the tasking I have written may be off the mark in terms of the format typically used in 'Controlled Remote Viewing' (CRV). CRV is the most scientific of the remote viewing protocols, and it was used extensively by the US Army in the eighties & nineties, under the operating name of Project Star Gate (also known as Sunstreak, Grill Flame, and other designations at different times). CRV was developed by Dr's Hal Puthoff & Russell Targ, plus psychic Ingo Swann, with significant contributions from others, including Jaques Vallee, initially at Stanford Research Institute in the 1970's. Techniques similar to CRV are still in use today in Russia, in China - and probably in the USA too, under the cover of the deepest black ops. In fact, any government who isn't using this technique at some level of their military operations, is missing a trick. NB - If any adjustments are needed to make the tasking quotation more appropriate for CRV, please do change it as necessary, but also inform us here of the changes that were made, if possible.

If any substantial results are obtained from a CRV session undertaken to locate the cause/s of the Mandela Effect (etc) as stated in the tasking, or if there are any other interesting developments regarding this tasking/ project in general, please do update the thread as often as reasonably possible, to keep us abreast of the developments as they occur.

Thank you ATS, I have confidence that there will be movement on this topic, even if we don't necessarily see the results posted in-thread. I know that someone, some group, somewhere, will undertake this mission, as the Mandela Effect is perhaps the most disturbing psychological phenomenon ever to strike the human race. It's perhaps the 'Great Delusion' referenced in Scripture - but whatever it is, it's big. We need to understand what's going on, and we need a strategy for overcoming this bizarre source of extreme cognitive dissonance. People are literally losing their minds over this (perhaps understandably - if you have experienced the effect personally, you'll know the deeply unsettling feelings which can accompany an awareness of this phenomenon) - it's therefore imperative that someone, somewhere, determines to get to the bottom of the matter, and in some way to inform the rest of us of the results of the study.

Whether you believe in the Mandela Effect, or in Remote Viewing, or both, or neither, please keep your comments & contributions courteous, informative & non-confrontational. Please don't bother shooting one-liners about faulty memory - this is a serious issue, and should be treated seriously. It's more a project thread than a discussion thread, but of course, intelligent discussion is most welcome.

Thanks, and happy hunting. FITO.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Timeline incursions from travelers/interactors from the future. They are somehow genetically modified to accomplish this by consciously changing the quantum patterns in their brains so that the "perceive" themselves in a different spacetime construct, and are able to interact with it. There is also a kind of consciousness amplification device used. They used to look like flying saucers, but that's just the way our contemporaneous brains perceived them. They are multiple-dimension devices that we interpret to be some kind of machine, because that's the limit of our ability to understand what they really are.

These timeline incursions happen all the time, but they're not consistent. There are more that happen prior to important historical or cultural events, and the ripple effect builds up, changing the past and our memories of it (partially), including wiping out significant historical events such that even though then never happened we still partially remember them -- since our ordinary memories also have a quantum component.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I think a mutually agreed upon definition we can agree on is necessary here for this thread.

As a practicer of Astral Projection, remote viewing is similar. But, I think we should agree on what the Mandela Effect is defined as...* (included below, link provided)...so we can go from there.

*FYI: The quoted excerpt below is the complete and exact wording from the website, but formatted for posting on ATS. Mysterioustranger

mandelaeffect.com...

"What is the Mandela Effect?

The “Mandela Effect” is what happens when someone has a clear memory of something that never happened in this reality.

Many of us — mostly total strangers — remember the exact same events with the exact same details. However, our memories are different from what’s in history books, newspaper archives, and so on.This isn’t a conspiracy, and we’re not talking about “false memories.”

Many of us speculate that parallel realities exist, and we’ve been “sliding” between them without realizing it.(Others favor the idea that we’re each enjoying holodeck experiences, possibly with some programming glitches. In my opinion, these aren’t mutually exclusive.)

This website is about real, alternate history and possible explanations for this phenomenon."

edit on 7-6-2016 by mysterioustranger because: cleaning the format

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Even though you qualified the responses to more than mere one-liners, sorry, nice post. I'll be interested in the thread's development and will participate as an observer (never experienced this effect nor do I have the remotest degree of connection to RV). S&F

ETA: The dialogue between DV and Luke Skywalker is the only ME experience I've ever had. It was "Luke, I am your father" in my timeline.
edit on 7-6-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

done it - you will not like the result :

the failings of human memory

get over it

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The origin of the mandela Effect is someone thinking Mandela died before he did and posted it on the internet. That started a viral thing. In the end, people misremembered things, and suddenly think we are in an alternate timeline/universe/whatever. I have all kinds of things I remember wrong. Nothing changed, but memory can be faulty over time

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Trouble is mate you have front loaded this session if any viewer does this

My self and a friend were professional taught CRV many years ago and over many blind sessions with our instructor we had some
Very vivid good results with our targets and other times we were so far off target it was embarrassing:-/

Front loading RV sessions can let the imagination run amok

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

It's not front-loaded, because I'm asking someone to task a viewer; I'm not speaking to viewers directly. In fact, we could take it a step further, and say that someone could write down the tasking, seal it, then hand it to a monitor blind to the material, who then tasks a viewer. I hope that would solve the issue, but if not, please explain how to resolve the issue? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Great replies so far, thanks for taking the time to get involved. Hopefully we can see this develop into an active project through connections here at ATS; however, if anyone needs to take it elsewhere in order to get people involved, just update us as things develop.

Cheers.

A reply to Blue Shift

A reply to Mysterious Stranger

A reply to BeefNoMeat

ETA - I will reply to specific comments tomorrow; here in the UK it's my bedtime.. Time for a nice cup of lemon & ginger tea. Who said machismo was dead?!

edit on JuneTuesday1616CDT05America/Chicago-050012 by FlyInTheOintment because: per ETA

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Root cause of the Mandela effect?

Let's see how to put this.

Faulty memory and bad education.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's fine to not believe the Mandela effect holds any proverbial water (or was it wahter). But it seems this thread is about attempting to uncover the truth, which I am all for!

So don't muddy it with "peoples is dumb and have bad memory of specific memory things".

I'm not a person that would run around claiming this effect is real. I'm not sure it is! However, I must admit it has a few interesting points.

I mean, come on! I watched snow white quite a few times as a kid with friends and family between ages 5-8. I also (to my discontent) sat around a few times that my little brother who is 7 years my junior watched It as well. So at this time I'm a teenager.

If you were to ask me, (before the ME stuff) "what does the witch say to the thing on her wall?"
I'd bet all my earthly possessions, and possibly my significant other that the witch says "mirror mirror on the wall, who's the...."

When I saw that it is "magic mirror on the wall..." I think I threw up a bit. It felt so wrong! Parts of my childhood felt like a lie.

Not to mention the thousands of times I watched star wars, as did my aforementioned brother. I would've made the same bet about the "I am your father".

There are a few others but I will stop there. I know, or at least think I know when I misremember something. My reaction is "oh, yeah that's right I remember now!"

However, when something makes me literally sick to my stomach with "how could I possibly not recall this correctly" I'll at least listen to the theory.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Faulty memory and bad education isn't muddying the waters. It's very valid and it actually has studies to back it up with.

What do the other "theories" have to back them up? Nothing.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Okay I'm game.

Target and parameters please in simple terms.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, and if that's how you feel then fine.

However, I choose to look at all sides of the "story". I don't currently have a concrete belief in the matter yet.

Also, I don't see how "poor education" has anything to do with this.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
So you want to use a mythical thing, remote viewing, to look for another mythical thing, the Mandela effect!

Determine the tangible root cause/s of the phenomenon known as 'the Mandela Effect'.

We already know that, it is simply faulty memory pushed by the gullible for the gullible on the internet.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Opinion backed up by scientific studies.

Bad education can account for bad spelling, bad geography and a few other things that the ME have got on its side. Couple that with faulty memory and you've got the ME covered.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
Also, I don't see how "poor education" has anything to do with this.

People who do not know where countries are, people who have poor spelling, reading comprehension...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Perhaps not exactly mythical. I read a few threads on the Mandela effect and wondered about it. I do some remote viewing in the occult sense, but not the structured 'RV' that is refered to in the little I have read on the RV 'programs'.

Looking into the effect myself, it seems of be a thought form, so to speak, that has taken on a life of its own and is beginning to effect its surroundings through sympathetic resonance. The thought form, if one can call it that, looks like an umbrella shaped fountain in what the metaphysicians would probably call mind.

If one looks for a thing called the Mandela effect there is nothing there except three entities with malicious intent. But they did not cause the effect, just played about for whatever reason.

If someone could define a target and parameter properly, then something I didn't think of may be found.

After word: I just hit the post button and one of the three entities said; "they think they are so smart". Perhaps a reference to the originating human source of the theory of mandala effect.

edit on 8-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: add afterword

edit on 8-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: (groan) spelling mistake

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

very interesting. now that's something to ponder. i would love to hear more if there's anything else to share regarding the experience?

and how are you viewing this? OBE? Astral Travel?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Interesting thoughts so far, but I wondered if you might like to have a go at better phrasing the tasking/ parameters yourself, as you seem to have knowledge regarding the necessary? I thought I explained my ideas fairly well, but I would be interested in seeing how you would choose to word the statement. Also, I would add that you can't really remote view the target effectively by yourself, in terms of CRV*, because by reading the OP you have seriously 'front-loaded' the viewing. Do you have any contemporaries who can remote view, and do you think they would mind having a crack at it? Of course, you can't tell them what we're looking for, but setting them up with a sealed envelope, especially if you think you can phrase the tasking more effectively, might be worth a shot.

* I note you did mention that you hadn't been engaged in remote viewing in the 'traditional' sense, coming from the background research of the military remote viewers & their development of CRV techniques.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join