It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bernie Sexist For Continuing To Run Against Hillary? NYT Wants to Know

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have to give Bernie a big gold star for standing up to the NYT pulling the woman card on him!
No secret that the Times is completely in the tank for Crooked Hillary...and it appears that the 'sexist' smear is a weapon easily used against anyone who threatens the DNC establishment agenda.

BRAVO Bernie...for not bowing down to establishment media bias!
I'd say shame on the NYT...but they no longer have any shame.

New York Times Reporter Asks Sanders If He’s Sexist For Continuing To Run Against Hillary

A New York Times reporter asked Bernie Sanders on Monday if it is sexist for him to continue running for president against what could be the nation’s first female president in Hillary Clinton.

Sanders bristled at the question but also laughed and asked if the reporter, Yamiche Alcindor, was being serious.
The exchange occurred after Sanders opened up his press conference in Emeryville, Calif. to questions from reporters.

He pointed to one member of the press in the audience, but Alcindor appears to have jumped in with a question. Sanders attempted to cut her off, saying “excuse me” several times.

But Alcindor continued.

"What do you say to women that say you staying in the race is sexist because it could get in the way of what could be the first female president?” she asked. It is unclear which women believe that it is sexist for the 74-year-old to continue running for president against Clinton.

Is that a serious question?” Sanders responded. “That any woman running for president, anyone who opposes — your question implies that any woman, that any person, any woman who is running for president is by definition the best candidate.” “So any woman who runs — to say that it is sexist, that any — so if Hillary Clinton runs for president is your point, that it is sexist for any man to oppose her?”

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
do any women actually feel that way? every woman i have spoken to agrees that voting for anyone based on gender is idiotic and unamerican. i guess NYT have really gone off the bat shoot crazy deep end.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

Years ago...I used to love the NYT...now it's just a democrat establishment mouthpiece; how far the mighty have fallen.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Wait, Hillary is a woman?

Or does Hillary just identify as a woman?

It's so confusing these days.

edit on 7-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Bernie has to stay in the race just in case Hillary has to hexit if her email scandal continues to drag her down.

Sal

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't think the question implies that 'any woman who is running for president is by definition the best candidate' - quoting Sanders.

To me it implies that the poor little woman needs to be given an unfair advantage because she might be incapable of winning on her own merits.

Idiotic question.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
Bernie has to stay in the race just in case Hillary has to hexit if her email scandal continues to drag her down.

Sal

giggle, Hexit......love it

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't think he's sexist, but I think he's the biggest dreamer since Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The new york times has no pride either, they sent a gender baiting troll to a press conference, how professional is that lol? Even though I am a trump supporter, I say go Bernie go, kick their pc libtard asses!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/7.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If Hillary is so confident that she has "clinched" the nomination, as every other headline is reporting today, then why on Earth is she so concerned about Bernie's run? The fact is, he does have a real chance of winning, and if she is indicted under the ongoing FBI investigation, Sanders will definitely be the nominee.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It was racist to run against Obama.

Ergo . . . . .

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well if your a white man and say the word woman your sexist, racist and anti American.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

The Devil looks after his own,no way will she be indicted

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

In previous election years I would agree with you...

But this time, all bets are off. This is a very unusual election.
edit on 7-6-2016 by antoinemarionette because: word

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If she was black then he would be a racist, if she was a lesbian, cough cough, he would be homophobic and on and on. I have learned so many new words this election , I know all forms of racism now, cant spell some, but wow the dems really pulled out the barrage of terms this time and are using it on their own now. Usually the dems just call the republican racist but now its a whole bouquet of new words. We need a word for the average single male that gets hated on. "BROCISM", that's my new word for white and black males that are single and between the ages of 25-55 and get hated on.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So they are saying that a woman needs a man's help to become president.
That sounds like the sexist part to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Funny, that it's the Liberal media calling Bernie 'Sexist'.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

When I heard this question being ask, I wondered: what happened to all the talk about hiring the best qualified person for any job regardless if it be male or female.

I could not see her but it struck me as the most sexist person in the room was the reporter.

If Bernie was not such a gentleman, maybe he would be asking some of the same questions about Hillary's background as Trump is. These questions go directly to a person's qualifications and credibility. Maybe the American people deserve some straight answers from her before she "makes history".

This is one of those rare days I wished I lived in California. I would vote for Bernie three or four times.
edit on 7-6-2016 by tinymind because: after thought

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Is the NYT stupid? Are they biased?

I think the answer is a resounding yes.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Is the NYT stupid? Are they biased?

I think the answer is a resounding yes.

The NYT is one of Hillary's Big Guns...and she directed it to be aimed right between Bernie's eyes. She's scared.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join