It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illusion of imagination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Can you imagine?

I think not. Most technology is based off of reverse engineering nature if you haven't noticed. Space critters in scifi movie life forms will be tigerish, really big insectish, humanoidish. Never full off the wall thinking. It's because we can't imagine anything we never saw or heard. Can you think of anything new?

it's really hard to try imagine a 27th alphabet like my brain can even compute it, it's like trying to imagine how the universe came to be. can you even attempt to verbally utter a sound that's not in the alphabet that you learned? Probably not

*take with a grain of salt

edit on 7-6-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well Elon Musk says theres a bout a one in a billion chance we arent living in some kind of matrix

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

But there's also a one in a billion chance that we are so what.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

thats my point. Imagination is up to whoever's mind is in control

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
When I imagine what the end (or no end) of the universe might be or look like, I envision all sorts of scenarios, based on what I know scientifically and what it could look like, of course, using NASA pics and imagination.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
" There is nothing new under the sun" validated.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My imagination is a very dark place, my own katabasis, and my own tortuous hell and it is very very real. Creative solutions to complex problems happen once in awhile too

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We may be living in a Matrix, but I still have to work my ass off to pay the bills. So if we live in a matrix why was it not make a nicer place ( and please dont give the same answer as the matrix did in the film)
edit on 7-6-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I can imagine a 27th letter just fine. Super impose the lettler f over a backwards J . whats the problem? lol Some people's imaginations just work different. Growing up me and a friend used to invent new words for everyday objects just to pass the time.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
Can you imagine?

I think not. Most technology is based off of reverse engineering nature if you haven't noticed. Space critters in scifi movie life forms will be tigerish, really big insectish, humanoidish. Never full off the wall thinking. It's because we can't imagine anything we never saw or heard. Can you think of anything new?

it's really hard to try imagine a 27th alphabet like my brain can even compute it, it's like trying to imagine how the universe came to be. can you even attempt to verbally utter a sound that's not in the alphabet that you learned? Probably not

*take with a grain of salt

Please chouse the one you like Ä Ö Å

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I guess you've never heard of the "lost letters".

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

But you have to make a new sound that corresponds... Anyone can make a new symbol.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02
But you need a new sound like ah, bah, cah, dah etc.. with it not just a random symbol
without making the same sound as the letters that be

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Again a new sound with the letter not just a random symbol anyone could create their own alphabet obviously. But it will make the same sounds

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I've always tried to imagine a new color, but nothing has ever come of it. I know our eyes can only see certain colors/spectrums, but why are our minds limited as well? Just thinking.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
Can you imagine?

Two points about 'imagination/thoughts' (ego);
1) Without 'imagination, there would be no Universe!
All 'duality', ALL 'identity', all 'definition', all 'distinctions', all 'life' and all 'death', all 'time' and 'motion' and 'space'... all 'true' and 'false' and 'good' and 'bad/evil', etc... etc... exists nowhere other than in the duality of 'thought/imagination'!
Thus is the Universal Self Known!
Yet the Universal Self is One!
One Omni- Self!
'Schizophrenia' (thought) is the fragmentation of that which is One!
Such is the dual nature of 'thought/imagination/ego'; it makes the 'manifestation of the Universe' to Universal Consciousness possible.
To 'believe' it is insanity!
God IS insane!

1) When you speak of 'imagination', you imply that you think/imagine that we manufacture/generate the 'thoughts/imagination' that we perceive. That we are somehow 'responsible'.
We don't and we aren't.
What we ALL perceive, is the One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!
'Thought/imagination', like the sun and moon and your third grade teacher... That Which Is, is (NOT 'created', but) 'perceived'!
So the insanity of us 'believing' that we manufacture thought has us wondering why we cannot imagine anything other than the thoughts/imagination before us.
The telescope pointing at the moon wondering why it cannot see Mars!
There are 'other' telescopes (Souls) pointing at Mars!
Thus, ALL is Known!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
My imagination is a very dark place, my own katabasis, and my own tortuous hell and it is very very real.

It is 'thought/imagination' that is the (little red) 'devil' (sitting on your shoulder, whispering such delicious lies)...
Never believe anything that you think or feel (feelings are thoughts)! Therein lies(!) insanity!

edit on 16-6-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I guess you've never heard of the "lost letters".
Ok but the sounds those letters would make is the same that our current alphabet

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChildOfLoki

I've always tried to imagine a new color, but nothing has ever come of it. I know our eyes can only see certain colors/spectrums, but why are our minds limited as well? Just thinking.
Exactly my point, trying it makes your head hurt.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
When I imagine what the end (or no end) of the universe might be or look like, I envision all sorts of scenarios, based on what I know scientifically and what it could look like, of course, using NASA pics and imagination.

I strongly disagree with the OP which seems to suggest that creativity does not exist.

As for the quote above, the unseen Universe is in a state of constant creation. It does not exist beyond our tools . The irony is that when the tools are created (Hubble telescope ; space probe pictures, etc), another "part" of the Universe becomes "visible". In reality we just create something from imagination. It is Imagination that creates not Vice Versa.

I dare say if we were all attuned to a concept of sexy space girls living in a sort of Eldorado at the edge of the Universe , this is what we would get. Sadly the masses are not attuned to this concept . Hence will not happen.

Imagination creates our reality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join