It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaboration Series: Transgenders and Discrimination.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

All good! Thanks for stopping by
feel free to add anything you want, I just wanted to ensure you understood what position I am now taking. I wasn't taking it even a few days ago, but I've come to change my mind.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: JBDTheBeast

States and cities have passed Anti-discrimination laws.

Show me that the sexual-related crimes have gone up.

All evidence I've found thus far has said they haven't.

All evidence shows that it's not allowing bearded men wherever they want - It's more allowing men on estrogen into the bathroom they identify with.

All my schools growing up had private showers for the ladies room, an open room for the guys. I never felt good about showering with other guys - I'd have felt much better in a private area.

Huh? Nothing you just said has done anything to explain why you think it should be legal for a grown man to shower next to my 7 year old daughter at the YMCA.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

"Nobody is denieing their right to use the restroom just protecting my daughters right not to have to shower with men"

if you do not want your daughter to shower with men, then do not let her, if you believe there will be a transgender in the shower while she showers...then make it a rule that she is not allowed to use public showers, see...you have that choice

I see you have a ways to go

Wow, just wooooow. So if I don't like trannys in the women's shower then I better just not let her use it...mmk you ain't gotta say that twice. Trust it ain't gonna happen with this stupid law on the books.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If you do not want any men showering next to your daughter you have the choice to not allow her to use public restrooms

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

If you do not want any men showering next to your daughter you have the choice to not allow her to use public restrooms

What do you think the percentage of women are that are gonna feel comfortable with that....humans for the majority are NATURALLY predispositioned to be repulsed by gender bending, it's a fact. Think of the look on a prehistoric man's face who stumbles upon two grown men having anal sex in the bushes...let me guess the prehistoric man is a bigot, lol wow just wow.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBDTheBeast

What do you think the percentage of women are that are gonna feel comfortable with that....humans for the majority are NATURALLY predispositioned to be repulsed by gender bending, it's a fact. Think of the look on a prehistoric man's face who stumbles upon two grown men having anal sex in the bushes...let me guess the prehistoric man is a bigot, lol wow just wow.

So now your likening yourself to a caveman...yep sounds about right! What's your expertise in human nature? Are you a sociologist or anthropologist? I will take either of those as valid credentials. You are obviously not aware of certain customs of various peoples around the world who fully embrace and support Trans gender folk even making space for them in the daily duties assigned to their chosen gender representation. Some of these people are way more in touch with human nature as they live more simply than those of us caught in the busy body bustle of modern society.

I hear you pitching a fit brother and that's all you have done, you have shared no credible expertise backed by facts or science. You have merely expressed what you believe to fact with no credentials to back your claims up.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The YMCA hosts events for the LGBTQA + communities and have always been associated with Homosexual and liberalism. Why on earth are you taking your little daughter to the one place where she's more likely to be surrounded by lesbians, trans, etc - If you want to avoid such things?

I believe showers in all places should be private. I'm a male - I don't want another male seeing me naked. Why do you want you daughter to be seen naked when homosexuality is WAY WAY more relevant than trans? Not to say they are likely criminals but you're really worrying about the wrong thing. My kids will never be showering around adults, period. Doesn't matter gender or laws in the area.

Sorry for the negative post, I'm just not sure how to communicate with you effectively, you don't seem to take data and statistics into mind. Straight, cis-gendered men are not allowed near your daughter in private areas and never will be.

:
edit on 7-6-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I'm sorry but I had to do it to drive the point home...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

speak for yourself and your miserable type.

I am not repulsed, I actually do not spend a majority of my time repulsing over it and throwing a hissy fit either.

I am actually very comfortable with my gender and sexuality that it doesn't bother me...at all.

Are you for real? is this a joke?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe a better thread title to try and "blend" (as I believe you are trying to do) thoughts together is to ask...WHY?

Why are you offended?
Why do you want to segregate?
Why do you feel as if you deserve more/better rights than others?

Then maybe we can get into the real psychology of what makes a bigot

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

One of the biggest worries of people against such legislation is that bearded men who identify as men will be allowed in the woman's restroom..

This is not what the legislation allows, however, some people for some reason go down that route, and start advocating for bearded men to go where they like.

The legislation is for trans people - people who identity with the other gender and take all measures they can to actually be that gender.

Why some people say manly men should be allowed in the girls room is beyond me and it doesn't help the argument. It only hurts progress when liberals take a defiant stance and don't budge when it comes to such things.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Why does there even need to be a discussion?

Why can't people just accept the fact that not everyone is the same.

Treat people as people. It should never matter how they dress or with whom they sleep with.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry for trolling so much but listening to the drivel is fascinating to me. The only peace of mind I have is that luckily for the most part women are not attracted to beta males like this lot so hopefully natural selection will do its job and the next generation will be a bit stronger. For now however I will continue to enjoy listening to frumpy beta males flop around In their echo chamber of. righteous indignation

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

If you were nearby, I'd hit you with my purse.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It is, but there a lot of smaller places now that just have the single use toilets and this issue is a moot point in those places. The restrooms are already single use there.

Alternatively, we could go European. Apparently in Germany, public restrooms are very, very rare. That would also remove the issue because then, no one could pee.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't think this was all to blame on conservatives.

The first I heard of this issue was with a transkid in a high school who wanted access to the girls' locker room. The school offered private accommodations for changing and they were refused because the transkid felt discriminated against by them and demanded full locker room access.

So in that case, it was definitely not a conservative/liberal thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I believe the issue was blown up to the size it is now by conservatives and many liberals have done their part to fuel the fire. The media and government play their roles as well, but essentially, as far as I understand, it became a national issue based on conservative reaction. Let me know if I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I'm okay with gender neutral/family restrooms being added, as long as they are for anyone to use, not for forcing trans people into - that would be discrimination. If a trans person wants to use the family restroom - great. If they don't, they shouldn't be forced to. If a woman wants to use the family restroom instead of the women's room - great.

Then there is no point in adding them.

Part of the purpose would be to have them for the purpose of those transpeople who have not and do not intend to fully transition, especially as it would pertain to locker rooms and changing rooms.

And part of that reason is because while a sincere transperson my mentally "be" female, their body is biologically male.

And every female in that changing room is going to see that and react the same way they would if a fully male, in mind and body, human was in the room with them. In other words, one transperson who is fully biologically male causes pretty much every other person in the room to feel like a strange man walked in on them.

Maybe some people get off on that, maybe some are fine with that, but there are lot who are not.
edit on 7-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I believe the issue was blown up to the size it is now by conservatives and many liberals have done their part to fuel the fire. The media and government play their roles as well, but essentially, as far as I understand, it became a national issue based on conservative reaction. Let me know if I am wrong.

If you label regular society as "conservative" ... sure because even in places that are normally very liberal, a lot of people have an issue with this.

Remember, we have a skewed bubble here and are not representative of the overall population.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

To add to this thought:

Also, considering there are not and never will be enough transpeople at 0.03% (at best) of the population to make this happening a regular enough occurrence to desensitize the population.

It will always be a shock and usually not a pleasant one when it does happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join