It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many members do you like as people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Feel free to give an estimate or name them off one by one.

I don't know anyone here personally so I can't speak about this issue with any certainty. But, based on my experience, I only like two members (intrptr and awareness10). I'm thinking that's a really low number. This thread is my way of finding out.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Not a cop out I like them all. Seriously even the ones I seem to argue with, although I do not think they caught on that 98% of my stuff I post is counter or might be in sync to my personal views, that I am for the most part just taking the Devils Guacamole side.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I would say that I 'like' / enjoy more members than I dislike.

If I don't enjoy their company then I likely don't interact with them.

Like in real life.

Some members that I am friends with are the same outside of ATS and inside.

I suppose we became friends for a reason. And it spun over to here.

Two could be a low number to some but perhaps you are extremely selective and that's not necessarily bad.

People like who they like.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Have a look at my friends list ... and guess probably somewhere between double and triple that number.

There might be a handful of people here I find outside of my tolerance ... maybe twice that who I would avoid speaking to IRL.

Curious ... why do you ask?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I very much like most of you, but some are kinda cranky and mean and I think they suck.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I met a lady mod in a bar in Santa Fe once; we hit it off pretty good. She turned me on to ATS.

I know a couple of other members personally and we have a few laughs at the expense of some of the more "serious"
members.

I think the big furry one expressed it best when he said.....

"From what i can tell about 20 of ATS are intellectual about 20 are completely nuts. The other 60 are people who are in competition with each other to be rude" .....BFFT
edit on 7-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I enjoy Bernard because I like consistency and someone who gets a reaction from the widest audience.

I also like a few members that no longer post because they can't because they're banned or dead.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I very much like most of you, but some are kinda cranky and mean and I think they suck.

You called somebody a crybaby earlier. heh heh

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Zero is still a number right?

Has the mandagaladadkhkamaeakameaahaaaaaaaa effect taken that from us too?
edit on 7-6-2016 by Lysergic because: apparently my finger spam had racism? sorry my heebs

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I can count on one hand the nice and civil members i "relate" to on ATS. No doubt there are many others just as nice who i don't yet communicate with. I detest the smart***** who think their # don't stink, and there a quite a few of them.
edit on 7-6-2016 by tommo39 because: word

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yep.

a reply to: Lysergic

Well I adore you. Punk.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I'm more a "face-to-face" type of person and being slightly aspergers, have only a small circle of friends, anyway.

I've really not got anything against anyone here. I actually enjoy debating with those who have differing opinions.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

I can count on one hand the nice and civil members i "relate" to on ATS. No doubt there are many others just as nice who i don't yet communicate with. I detest the smart***** who think their # don't stink, and there a quite a few of them.

I love irony in the morning....it smells like "victory"

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Now I know who your friends are...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I like everyone here, the people I argue with the most are probably the ones I'd most like to have a beer with.

I love discourse with people that are thinking, whether they agree with me or not.

Too many brain dead people in the world, I don't see many of them here.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I like to joke

Bring back the orange skin and duck-lips!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

LOL ok, for you, in the morning. nite

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Most... IF not all

Only because i don't know any of you personally

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's hard to say who one would like considering most people here are very much unknown to me. Words on a page don't always tell the whole story. People change their minds about things constantly, people tend to do things that others would find weird or even threatening, and people might have personality issues that would normally not translate well into text. It's essentially impossible for me to "like" anyone here because I just don't know who any of you are.

That said, there are members who I find interesting and always look forward to their posts.

When Springer emerges from his crypt he makes fantastic posts with tons of information, sources, and credibility.

Phage has a fantastic grasp of scientific issues that I wish more people had, myself included.

Zaphod58, because he was nice enough to give me a heads up in engine changes he found out about before my chain of command did. Fantastic researcher and subject matter expert on all things aviation.

Semperfortis because when it comes to survival experience and application, few people really know how to put that kind of thing into context as well as he does.

Kali74 because she says things that irritate me constantly, annoys me with her resting-B-face style of writing, and I love her for it. Very few people are as enjoyable to argue with than her.

neo96 because he's genuine and consistent, especially when he's wrong. When he's right, it's hilarious to watch him beat people with their own BS. I always thought that dude would get banned when he first showed up. But he's gotten really good at what he does and he's got my attention.
edit on 7 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Oh my favorite by far is neo96. He always has a kind thing to say to everybody.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Abysha because: spellinz

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join