It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 7

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I bet you had a magical time there. The jet lag is a killer. How long were you there?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Thanks! I'm looking forward to that too hahaha... I'm imagining grand fits of cheekiness! I'll send you a PM soon too!

a reply to: jukejuke
Hello jukejuke! Welcome

a reply to: Quantum12
Hi Q! Just wanted to say that I like your new avatar too
I don't know what it is.. but it makes you look more "human" to me. LOL, not saying that you're not a human!! Just, it gives off human vibes. I don't know if that makes sense. Sometimes I shouldn't speak, and this is probably one of those times. LOL.

a reply to: Macenroe82
Oooh, another! Welcome to our little abode!

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Yay! You've found Sporky!

a reply to: TNMockingbird
"Everyone is complaining and I remind them of how they complain when it's cold...um..."
I am one person who will NEVER complain about the cold

I whinge and whinge and whiiiiiiine loudly and very vocally about the heat though LOL.

a reply to: Martin75 again! Hehe!
OMG! That avatar! Hahahaha
Nice work Gordi!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Good morning everyone!
Sorry I didn't pop in yesterday... I was... dead-tired. The whole walk to my son's daycare felt like a dream (not entirely unusual for me, but, worse than normal), and all I wanted to do was sleep all day. (I didn't. Just kinda hung around in a staring BLEH state.)

That's what I get for trying to change up my sleeping routine a bit LOL. So. After yesterday's woe, I decided to give up.

I'll be around on and off

*hugs to all*
*goes to make a nice warm caffeinated beverage*

edit to add:
A shameless promotion
LOL. I shared a bit of that story I was talking about with Miss Night a few days ago - HERE!!! if you wanted to have a looksie

edit on 14 6 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Lol it was a photo from yesterday and I removed the color and used one of the auto change things. Lol.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I bet you had a magical time there. The jet lag is a killer. How long were you there?

Two weeks in three cities: Prague, Vienna, and Budapest, my favorite. I tore my meniscus ( a piece of cartilage) in my right knee before we left, so I used a cane and brace the entire time, so it was kind of tough going! Now I get to have surgery. :-) But I'm glad I didn't bail.

Notes for travelers;

1. Heathrow is the pits for security. Really long lines and multiple stops. SeaTac (Seattle) was easy and quick both ways. No significant lines and customs was a breeze with very friendly agents. You can check yourself in with kiosks these days and nobody seemed to care what we brought back.

2. Everyone everywhere speaks passable English. English is everywhere, on billboards, street signs, menus, advertisements. Lots of shops accept dollars and Euros. (Hungary and Czech Republic still have their own currencies and have not converted to the Euro. Czech Coruna is about 24 per $1,00. Hungarian Forint is about 277 per $1.00. Euro is about $1.12.)

3. Infrastructure in Hungary and the Czech Republic is thoroughly modern in every respect. I expected this in Austria, but was surprised at the other two. Although wages in Hungary are low, the place looks quite prosperous. Architecture is fabulous.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I am sorry about your knee. Your were in Prague??? You should have contacted JustMike, he would have met up with you and gave you the best tour.

Your trip sounds Amazing!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hi guys.
It's just me. Trying to remember a term that I heard the other day - a very regularly used idiom (and I think it was regarding baseball?) that I suddenly figured out its origin.

Like when you serendipitously come to find out (learn) the reason "three sheets to the wind" means what it means, and where it came from.... (a sailing term).....

dang.....so frustrating!!!!!!!!

Anybody got any ideas about some well-known idiom but we don't think about how it originated?

ack.
edit on 6/14/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: three sheets to the wind, and can't remember the term I wanted to remember!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I am not sure. I know to throw a curve ball is to surprise someone with something that’s unpleasant to deal with.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

color me envious!!!

Sorry you're hurt, but....nice experience!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yeah, it wasn't that, but thanks. It was something much more "jargony" ........

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

edit on 6/14/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: dp

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So I have a little window on my desktop that plays a slideshow of all my pictures. As soon as my desktop “woke up” this appeared. All right all right, I’m headed to The Shed. LOL Now my computer is reminding me when I have been away too long.

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
I AM starting to see a trend…..on your avatars!!! (Iknowstuff) Which is actually the clue been seems MUCH MORE devious. LOL

a reply to: zazzafrazz

a reply to: Macenroe82
I’m headed your way…Prime Rib…YUM!

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
What is up CTG? How is the job going? You still working nights?

Oh that sounds amazing!!! Please tell me you are going to share a few pics?????

Hey sweetie!!! Changing sleep schedules can be HARD! Good luck if you stick with it. Oh, I can’t wait for the stories to cross….let the conspiring begin!!!!

Slightly confused…nothing new…so you NEED one? Like “Bite the bullet” because you bit down on something when doing something painful before anesthesia….

What time do you have to work tonight?

OK….sorry….I am ending my book….BUT I bet you see my unicorn…LOL

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I like the unicorn, Gordi did a good job. I was going to MI in the morning but we are too busy at work. I will go in at 11:00 pm or 2 am your time? Are you on eastern time?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Nice unicorn

Hehehehe!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yup, it's a little after 6:30 here right now. So sorry you can't go home.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

bite the bullet is another great example....
but this was a term specific to baseball, I think.......

?????????????

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OMGosh if that is not a Shed Unicorn then there never was one!!! HAHAHA

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Out in left field.....if something is out there?????

Three strikes your out....pleople say that sometimes....hmmmm

edit on 6/14/2016 by Martin75 because: thought of another

edit on 6/14/2016 by Martin75 because: I'm an idiot

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Any of these?
Hit a home run – to be very successful
A ball park figure – an estimate
Strike out – to fail
Batting a thousand – maintaining a perfect record
Play hardball – use extreme measures to ensure success
Go to bat for someone – to aid or support someone
Throw a curve ball – to do something unexpected
Touch base – to communicate briefly with someone
To have two strikes – to have the odds against you
On the ball – very aware, responsible, and intelligent

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
OMG the touch base one totally got me. I NEVER would have linked that to baseball but makes total sense!!!!

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join