It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 7

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

LOL!!!!

I think so.

You have an outdoor oven????

I have a Turkey that needs to be cooked. Can I do it at your house?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Oh your going to bake, lol. Cooking.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

You can come over and smoke he turkey l, I have a smoker. Problem is I don't know how to use it. Looks like I need coal, wood and water.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I did at the lake house!!!

Here, in town there's no room.

It was so much fun we cooked in it all summer last year!

The girls would actually cook! They are back to practising how to order take out!

LOL! Their talent is not cooking. When I was their age my family would have been appalled if I couldn't cook and surely would have decided that I would never survive adulthood.

This was the view (a certain angle) from the back yard. As you may imagine, we lived outdoors there! Only coming inside when sleep was absolutely necessary! Living in town is certainly an adjustment. Not necessarily bad as it does have it's advantages, just different.
*sigh*

edit on 11-6-2016 by TNMockingbird because: added photo

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

What is your best dish?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Well, it's rather boring but often requested.

Beef and broccoli stir fry. With brown sugar, garlic and ginger.

Jasmine rice.

Makes you want to lick the plate!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I have a smoker too. But I have only used it once last fall.

Too hot to use that thing in the summer. Plus, I'm afraid to use it because of the fire hazards up here. It can be so dry. Lightening scares the crap out of me.

A guy that I met up here years ago told me, the only time he ever BBQed was in the winter. I get now.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

hello kat...how have you been ? i just started back here again..see how it goes this time around...hope you are doing great...take care..cc

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

OMG!!!!

What a beautiful view.

Did you ever sleep out on the dock?

We used to do that as kids. But now that I am "AN Adult" I'm too chicken #. Weasles, wildcats and bears kinda make me nervous.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

OMG!!!!

What a beautiful view.

We used to do that as kids. But now that I am "AN Adult" I'm too chicken #. Weasles, wildcats and bears kinda make me nervous.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Sorry double post.

I said a bad word.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

That is not boring, cooking is a art. I am sure it tastes amazing. I like licking the plate after dessert.
Can you FedEx me a batch lol

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

YEA CC !!!!!

Good to see you.

I will U2U later.

OK Guys, I am off to go fishing.

Maybe later.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I understand now why you can't smoke the bird in the summer, sorry Chirp. What is your best dish you make and don't tell me it Turkey! Lol

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

we are i hope going to get to some yard sales today...caught a big one..take care

CC

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It's funny that you asked that! The kids would catfish at night. There was a concrete remnant of an old dock on the property as well. they would build a fire there and fish until the sun came up!

Neighborhood kids would have sleepovers on the boats! At first years ago, I thought it was odd then after a few times, it didn't worry me anymore.

The lake was surprising clear. Shallow-ish for about 15 feet then taking a deep plunge. We still visit our old friends there.

There was what appeared to be an opening under the ground right on the edge of the rocky land/water's edge. I always imagined a cavern under the house (it sat up from the water on a hill). And who lived in it?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Wow it is beautiful there, I thought Tennessee was just a big ol hill with a forest and no lake. Lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
Wow it is beautiful there, I thought Tennessee was just a big ol hill with a forest and no lake. Lol.

Oh my gosh NO!!!!

That particular lake is one of two that supply water to the city. Interesting (to me) tidbit. There is a woman who sold the property for homes although she keeps control of the land under the lake and 15 feet up the shoreline. Every dock, boat, jet ski, etc must be approved by her before being placed in the water. Quite a hefty fee is paid to her for use of the land for a lake...oddest thing I had ever heard.

She is filthy rich! The lake water wouldn't clean her that is how dirty rich she is!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

She is filthy rich! The lake water wouldn't clean her that is how dirty rich she is!

Your the funniest! I know I love TN, I have been to Brentwood and Nasherville lol. Nashville. Your state is amazing!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Your state is amazing!

Ah! Thanks Q but it is not mine.

Only my temporary home...

But parts of it are lovely.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join