It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 7

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAstaroth

I look forward to that as I am sure others will as well. I don't have time tonight, but maybe tomorrow I'll throw something in to continue my story.

OH when we write our story lines, we write in a different colored font so people will find our stories easier. When you get a second story entry in, you can either leave a link or just say 'continued from page...and whatever page you left off from. I find teal easier to read myself.

edit on 9-6-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I hope I manage to entertain. Too busy for a story? I understand. Time can be a friend, but in my life I've learned that it can be a foe.

Thank you for that information. I will write it in the color that suits the mood of the story, but if it is difficult to read or see please to let me know.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Hi Miss Elfie!
*hugs*

Is my purple too hard to read? Just wondering.. I can change to a different colour if it's too dull. I use the dark version of ATS and I thinkkkk it's ok, but, if anyone uses the light version - I have no idea if purple works alright on that version!

Looking forward to the next part of your story

Miss Martin wrote a bit earlier too!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It really wasn't too bad of a day. Spent most of it outside trying to get a few videos. Not too hot and not too cold temperature wise. Just the way I like it.

*yawns*
Think I'm gonna edit some videos quickly and then go to bed.....

I need my "beauty" sleep..... LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
LOL, Kaelci and LordAsteroth, use whatever color you please. Kaelci I use the dark version of ATS. I just feel teal stands out more for me, but it's ok whatever color you guys choose. Kaelci, I use the same color as you when I am saying "continued from page...'

Well hello Chooch! I LOVED the DIO vid you posted earlier today!!!!!! HUGS!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Ok well good to hear. I use the dark format as well. I despise the brightness of the alternative. But regardless do inform me if it is ever an issue. Hmm. Now I must wonder how to begin my tale. Who shall I be?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I have no idea, but I can't wait to see what you come up!

I have to go all the way back to page 19 to see what I missed. I am so behind!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I am pondering it now. I have certain inspirations of other writers, but none that truly are which I would like to write. Should this entry be short or long?

Ah then do not let me disturb you!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hey guys, I think I spoke too soon about My Pillow. Still love it but here I am LOL

LordAstaroth
Welcome! It is so nice to meet you! Have a seat by the fire and a pixie will be by shortly with food and drink of your choice. Pay close attention, they have a tendency to be a bit ornery. LOL
Write whatever is comfortable for you. I stayed in the forest looking for The Shed until I got comfortable writing.
My entrance to the story
Here is the link to where I joined up into The Shed.

OK guys, now I'm going to get caught up.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Evening sheddites.

Thought I'd pop in and try and keep up this time, when did it get so massive?

Well there you are! So good to see you again! It got massive because we have some good folks enjoying themselves in the Shedlands. LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Whatever length you like!

I tend to write far too many words, haha! I feel guilty afterwards, putting people through reading my walls of purple. I think the character limit is about 1200 words? All of my story posts are awfulllyyyyyy close to that lately. Too verbose.

But whatever you feel comfortable with, whatever gets your words across, short or long, it matters not!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thank you for your welcome and it is nice to meet you as well. I am currently writing my first entry. Nothing particularly special. Not sure what it is even about to be honest. I've read your link and say it is rather nice! Thank you for sharing your first entry.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Then I shall deliver in a very short time now. I am sure that what you write is splendid and thus your words(however many) leave all that read with a feeling of great desire to read more.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The love of mine lay still with a wretched gaze that stole me away. She was without a doubt the true one, but her I did forsake. I have no faith, but to the gods above and all the beauties that come to me. There is no land that could contain me, contain the very fabrics of time and space. The forest in which I dwelled a magic source did I impale. I stuck a sword into the ground and sought the graces of the lords above.

I lit a fire and felt no shame as I buried the one I loved. She was my sacrifice to my lords and now I live all alone in the woods of eternity. In a hollowed out tree I roam through tunnels beneath the ground. The creatures that wonder through never ever get beyond. My home a little cottage by a grand and sacred tree.

The life blood of my beloved the sacrifice to all the great lords for plentiful bounty. Upon which I survive, the great hunt and herbal garden. Not far beyond these sullen trees a village where maidens dream and all the beauties one may seek. A sea! There is a sea to a land from which I came of pixie dust and magic and all the love I ever sought.

The Sun set upon the horizon, my brother left without all the confusion, but left this with me, and the Stars came out, my lords, my lords, I beckon to thee.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Continued from the mysterious and disappearing Shed # 4...

The Bird woke just as the last embers of the fire were fading and the morning breeze that wafts just before sunrise carried the remnants of the trees that graciously gave up their limbs to provide her warmth overnight, the crisp little black fragments glided upwards toward the clouds overhead. The setting moon provided just enough light for Bird to become familiar again with her current surroundings.

It seemed an old memory of leaving the abandoned Shed although it was just yesterday. The Bird had thrown off her feathers and taken human form again. She collected her belongings barring her current attire, trusty knife and a book of matches and set them alight out back of the Shed before heading down the path through the woods. It was time for a new beginning and a new start and to be heavy laden with old keepsakes, in Bird’s mind, would do nothing short of bog her down. Trinkets and old photos are just that. The heart holds the memories of loved ones and times past. In her new human skin she must be alert and nimble to travel what may turn out to be a great distance.

Bird sat up and felt the cold night dew that comes right before daybreak settling down around her. The hammering of a woodpecker in the distance echoed through the trees like a gun. The sound startled her and she laughed at herself for being so jumpy. She knew these sounds and these woods like the back of her own hand. Why did she feel so nervous? Forget it she thought to herself, you’re just edgy from lack of proper sleep. It’s time to get moving. Daylight’s a wasting.

Bird kicked some dirt over the remaining coals and began her trek through the woods. The sun was just a glint through the trees now and would be coming through the woods quickly and brightly. Animals fluttering and scurrying above her in the treetops caused dry leaves to fall down around her and she knew that soon she would hear the melodious dawn chorus of morning. Magpies, Starlings and Robins would all soon wake and give praise to the sun with their glorious tunes. That song always brought a smile to her face. It sounded like home.

Bird’s mouth was dry and cracked and she needed water. If she follows this what appears to be a wet weather gully off of the bluff perhaps she will find a stream. Bird started off the ridgeline and the leaves and twigs cracked beneath her feet. As if on cue, the birds began their singing and the woods seemed to come alive in just a short time. Things seemed more crisp and clear as she slowly made her way down. The leaves were still slick from dew and although her boots were stout she caught herself slipping occasionally. Must be careful she thought wouldn’t want to get injured out here all alone.

Just then very close to her location Bird heard the cracking of a limb behind her and to her West. She stopped suddenly in her tracks and felt the hairs on the back her neck stand on end. Cold shivers went up her spine and rested on her shoulders. Be perfectly still she thought. She slowly eased her hand up to her belt and grasped the handle of her knife while turning her head in the general direction of the snap. She focused her eyes and scanned the distance. Nothing there silly Bird! It was probably a dead limb falling from a tree.

Jumpy and edgy she took off down the slope again. After about a half dozen steps she heard a louder snap of a twig but along with crunching of leaves and closer this time. Leaves crunching and twigs snapping beneath weight. It sounded as if something or someone was matching her footsteps. Bird took another step. Crunch. She took two more steps. Crunch. Crunch. There it was! Something was definitely tracking her. It wasn’t her imagination!

She stopped again grasping the handle of her blade and scanning with her eyes. Her heart was pounding now up into her throat and her breaths were coming more shallow and rapid. She quickly sprang behind an oak and told herself to stay calm. It must be something quite large. It was likely a bear. She quickly ran down her options to herself. Slowly continue down the hillside and give whatever it is a wide birth or turn and become offensive. Yelling and stomping and trying to scare it away. Most importantly she thought you must get it together. Calm down.

Bird slowly stepped boldly from behind the sanctuary of the tree and looked squarely back up the hillside. Nothing. The woods were barren of another living creature on the ground. Shaking her head, giggling nervously and exhaling finally she turned to continue her journey. She needed to make haste and find water soon. If she were going to locate her friends before the cold season came then she needed to get moving.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAstaroth
I am pondering it now. I have certain inspirations of other writers, but none that truly are which I would like to write. Should this entry be short or long?

Ah then do not let me disturb you!

Ok here is a link to my last story entry from The Shed 6, page 179. Scroll down and you will see my story line.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As others share some of their stories, you'll get an idea how long or short you want to make your entry. Some of us like long entries. LOL We get to writing and can't stop.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I am proceeding to the link now, but have already made my entry. I hope it suffices.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

WOW!!!!!!! That was great!!! Can't wait to read more!!!

Bird, I am so glad to see you writing again, I missed your story very much! Love it!!!!!

I always wrote down in a pad here on my table where I left off and I didn't write down my last entry and had to go digging. OMG! LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Very nice indeed!

Interesting that we are both in the woods.

I look forward to your writing.

Thanks for that!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

It was wonderful!!!!! There will be no battle though at this time in my story. You'll see when I make another entry.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join