It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 7

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It's almost a 6 hour drive for me from my house to at least Gatlinburg. Just a touch over 300 miles........

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Kailci, so glad you're feeling like a new woman!!!!

OMG, Marty you are too funny today! The smoking in the office, the firemen...LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
OK first a little back story: The county I live in has a VERY bad drug problem. Because of this our county is ranked #1 per capita in Hep C. Woohoo!

OK, now that you know the kinda customers that visit our ER. My husband works nightshift security in our ER. The patients either love him or hate him. He is a wonderful person but a lot of our patients don’t get to meet that person. And these people go to Walmart. One day I’m shopping away and I hear this woman scream the row over….I look and Paul is gone. I ssslllooowwwlllyyy walk around the corner and there stands Paul with a kid about 4 punching him in the leg and this crazy lady has opened a bag of marshmallows and is throwing them at him. LMAO, I left him there. It was one of his regulars and I was afraid she would recognize me. LOL He just got what he needed and walked away with everyone just standing there staring and yelling.

edit on 6/20/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I missed the awesome trip to Scotland when Sheddites met up, now I'll miss the one in the U.S. You guys better take a lot of pics!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Just call me butter because I am on a roll.......

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Would it be possible to put everyone in -minus Quant he can fly - and see what the center point is?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

OMG, love the pic and story about Paul! LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I know a few of you were interested in seeing some underground mine footage:

I uploaded a video that i took with one of my drones underground. If you were to stack the CN Tower (In Toronto Ont. Canada) on top of itself 4 times (2212 meters) This video is shot deeper underground than that.
Its nothing too exciting. I was inspecting an open stope to see if there were breakthrough holes, from the access on the opposite side. Think of a big room with a hallway on either side.
The idea is that the rooms "ceiling" or what we call a "Back" in mining terms, is drilled off from the level above. The ceiling contains the ore. We blast the ceiling in the room, from the level above. The ore falls and fills the room and becomes loose chunks. Then scoop trams will drive through the "hallways" or Drifts in mining terms, on either side to safely retrieve the ore.

The scoop trucks are remotely operated from a safe distance back - 1.5 m X the height of the brow. Our drifts are 5m wide X 5m high. So our safe limit line and remote stand are 7.5 meters back from the brow.
Once the operator retrieves a scoop of ore, it gets loaded into the haul truck, then taken to the underground crusher.
It gets crushed once, then sent on a skip (elevator) up to surface and dumped into the back of another haul truck.
That haul truck will then drive to our Primary crusher and either stock pile the ore there or direct dump.

The ore gets crushed again down to 6 -8 inch rocks, then sent out on a large conveyor belt. The conveyor belt comes out over top of whats called a Grizzly. The grizzly funnels the ore down back to another conveyor that is also underground, but only about 20 meters deep.
That conveyor crushes the ore again and feeds into the mill.
After being crushed down to a pulp, it gets put through the milling process and mixed with chemicals that bond to the ore, and all the waste goes out to a tailings pond.
The ore now becomes a concentrate that we send to a smelter in Sudbury Ontario Canada, or if they are full it gets sent by ship to Finland.

That in a nut shell is how we mine!

And heres the video i forgot to link!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-6-2016 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

With all my aches and pains, long trips are out for me. Can't have everyone come here either because I live in a small apartment. I shall have to live vicariously through the pics of your adventures with the rest of the crew. I'm sure they will be awesome and some amazing stories to be told!

edit on 20-6-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

So where is the vid? Sounds fascinating!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ohmygosh!
I can't say I've ever experienced something like that in my retail years hahaha.

My Australian Retail stories are probably pretty tame compared to American Walmart Stories (I've seen the website dedicated to them
)

I'm going to have some brunch and get the creative side of my brain rolling

More stories!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

very interested

Link the vids.

-------------------

Hello Peeps

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Where do we watch the video? Don't know how long you have followed The Shed....OK here is where it gets confusing. I was adopted and have met my birth family. YOU are speaking with the dad the raised me, my dad.
But I am also VERY close with my birth dad, my other dad. LOL He works on a strip mine. Here are a couple pics from his current site.
In this one he is sitting IN his equipment take a picture of my brother down driving his dozer.

This is one morning as he is topping the mountain onto the job site

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Wait what? who's your dad?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
OMFG i cant believe after all my long winded mining lecture i forgot to link the video lol
The link is there now.

That video was also a test with lighting. I ripped one of the wires on my usual light set up, so had to attach 2 cap lamps to my drone. The first 5 minutes of the video is with the best lighting.
I knew it was going to be dark, so i got a miner to hold a mag light up and shine it into the stope. Well, some miners are not as sharp as others. I got stuck with a very dull miner lol. For some reason he just couldnt grasp that i was telling him to shine the lights into the stope to assist the drones camera. Not the smarted guy, but i was able to see what i needed. My good light set up, lights up the stope so you can see everything. I fixed the wire and its good now. But at the time of the video i was stuck improvising.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Oh zazz you have so much catching up to do....LOL

This is the size of the "trucks" in that picture

I have one of my brother standing in his but I can't find it on this PC...it might have to wait until tomorrow

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I know! I only get in here every few days!
I thought you were saying your dad was in thread talking about the Big Tonka Trucks

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Oh no no I'm just bragging. But when I brag I have to brag about them all. It's a lllooonnnngggg story. Short story....I was adopted and have met and LOVE all my families!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here is a drone shot of the Primary crusher and the live ore stock pile below it. Under that large cone of ore is the grizzly i mentioned.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

WOW, hows the darkness in there! It's so hard to see. I was in one of the biggest caves in Europe and my light went out. I thought I sat straight down to wait for my cousin/guide as I literally could not make my eyes adjust, when they came back with lights I had managed to walk 10 meters from where my lantern went out without even knowing it, that is how disorientating is being underground!

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join