It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 7

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Okay, so in true FB fashion I'm going to be THAT friend and show my Saturday morning project.

As you'll see from the photos, the flower bed in front of my office was in desperate need of TLC. After months of the lawn crew/maintenance guys promising this and that I gave up and went to the director myself with a budget and it was approved. So all in all it took about 5 hours (1 hour at Lowe's, 40 minutes getting the truck loaded with dirt/mulch). I think it turned out okay. The choice of rock wasn't my first choice but, the only choice that fit the budget.

It turned out to be a little too hot for the guys from the group home to help but, I saved them a few annuals to spread about and plant in the flower pots by the doors. They were disappointed but happy that I saved them a little work!

As you can see from their wilting, I almost didn't get them in the ground and watered in time but they are perennials so they should bounce back.
Being that I am NOT artistic, this I submit to you as my art project. The test will be tomorrow. There's a board meeting at my training facility and hopefully the members will approve!

Pitiful beginnings:

Laying the foundation:

Almost finished product:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Very well said to you my dear!

Emails, good idea!

I think I'll start that chain soon although I think most of us are already connected by text, phone, email, or FB...if not then it's 6 degrees of separation...

I need to check my list again! LOL

((HUGS))

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Thank you for passing my info to your father! He emailed me this morning. I replied already with a page full of drone talk lol.
Looking forward to hearing more from him.
Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Chirp that looks great!!! I understand the hard work behind a flower bed and that looks amazing. Sorry the heat didn't play nice with you. But the difference is amazing!!! Yeah, give them a day or two and they should perk up nicely.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Woohoo!!! He can be a bit bashful so I was afraid he might back out. Hope you guys find lots to talk about (I think you will synch up very well). Did you get my PM? I sent one because I wasn't sure you knew my real name and thought that MIGHT get confusing. LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

*waves*

I was just on my way to bed but thought I'd stop by the Shed first...... this is probably a coincidence because the last time anything "weird" happened to me "mentally" was when I was 10 years old, and I dreamt that I was at someone's house standing in their kitchen. Two weeks later I was invited to another kid's house and their kitchen was the exact image of the kitchen in my dream xD down to the colours, position of the bin, trampoline outside the glass door.

But. Anyway. Earlier today I had this urge to do some gardening. I could imagine my hands full of black soil (see my fingers running through the dirt in my mind!!), setting up my gardens, which in turn led me to staring at the real estate websites most of the day, daydreaming of houses I'll never own any time soon.... But.. I don't know.. I just came here and saw your garden and I was all OHMYGOD!!!!!!!! BIRDIE MADE ME THINK IT!!!!!!

lol

*hugs*
*coughs discreetly and runs away*

(also, happy to do the whole Skype thing with everyone
haven't used the thing in donkey's years, but, will happily dust it off for The Shed! but in saying that, I'm also happy to pay a sub for ATS if it ever came down to it
)

edit on 20 6 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Actually no, i didnt check my ATS PM's. But I figured it out immediately from his email.
He has an amazing system in the works. Its going to change mining safety very soon.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
I am sure you guys will find TONS to talk about. It is awesome that there are people working to make mining safer.

If there was ever a mind I wanted to crawl into and see how it worked it would be his.....you will soon see what I mean.

So glad you guys connected

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Its just amazing that theres others out there trying to do the same thing - Ensure miners get to go home everyday.
Safety has greatly increased in mining, but there is still so much work to day.
Drones underground are the future in that safety i think.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre
Tom!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I was to see your avatar on the pages again!!! Woohoo Troll is back! I hope that you and Gail are both doing well. We have really missed you!!!! So glad to see you home.

a reply to: SyxPak
Great story entry Mike!!! I’m loving that our story has come back to life!!

a reply to: WalkInSilence
Honey I don’t remember if I commented or not but I am so glad that they were able to find your diagnoses and hopefully have you on track. You are such an amazing asset to The Shed!!!

a reply to: kaelci
I love that picture you posted. How enchanting it is. It looks like a scene you could find right outside The Shed!

a reply to: fossilera
Hey stranger! How are you? How is the electric violin going? My niece just starting taking violin lessons and LOVES it!!!!

And mid-message ATS goes wonky again…grrrr! OK, I KNOW I missed many but ATS is fighting me this morning. So I will leave it here before I lose it all. To all that I didn’t mention……

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Yep!

Synchronicity!

Plant ya somethin' girl!

Good for the soul

(hugs)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
Sorry Kitty Wizzard, not sure how I missed this but it was Awesome!!!

OK, now to go rescue the drunk pixie. LOL

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Good Morning.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Nice job on the flower bed. That takes a lot of work.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Did you see our coffee this morning 😆

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Good morning all! Jess I love Our Coffee!! Very cool!!

What page is Cag's story entry on? I missed that too?! I was in and outta here last night sporadically. I prob missed more...
I was at the link provided for the latest attack on ATS. Looks kind of dire?!

I did see a chart posted of Bot Attacks on this site. Unbelieavable!! WTF anyway?
They look like they use up a lot of bandwidth here...

EDIT: I found Cag's entry...
edit on 20-6-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Very good Story Cag!! VERY good indeed!!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
Nice job on the flower bed. That takes a lot of work.
Thanks Q!

You know what 'they' say about anything worth having...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

BTW Bird, That is a very nice flower bed. You guys did a great job!

Oh, Hello! LOL!!

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Wow the coffee looks cool!

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join