It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Warns Americans “To Be Prepared For A Disaster”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
They are all very real threats to us and just about anyone else in the World. Just recently I read an article about the San Andreas fault being under immense pressure and geologists warning that the quake will likely come sooner rather than later.

Hurricanes can be seriously strong storms. The warmer the waters usually the stronger the storm. The worlds oceans are getting warmer, which will mean stronger storms.

The New Madrid fault and others are a direct threat to the US for their ability to create massive tsunamis.

Personally I think it's sound advice and it is something the president should be talking about.
edit on 7 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

AGREED.

Now whether there are exotic weapons winding up such things is a whole 'nother issue. LOL.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

That's type 1 civilization stuff man. We're not even type .5 yet.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

INDEED. Well put.

I don't understand folks with their heads in the sand in this era.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

You could be right.

You could be wrong.

How would us average serfs and slaves know?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Well the first thing we need to do is stop the aging process and not die. That's .5.

Far as I know, no one is immortal.

Edit:
Except for Castro, Roaches, and Cher(because she's made of Kevlar).
edit on 7 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

This type of speech is reminiscent of the cold war when politicians used the tactic of planting fear in the minds of the public, in order to get the public to accept millions of tax money being put into the armed forces budgets instead of public services etc.

Its nothing new but just look at the acceptance by many that the flow of money is only going to the bankers and arms dealers and not into the public services tax payers need.

We have seen this all before.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Another Obama attack thread. Seems like we've been getting these threads on a daily basis.

Obama took time out of his extremely busy schedule to deliver an address at the FEMA National Response Coordination Center in Washington.

Considering FEMA is a Federal Emergency Management Agency, it would make sense to give a speech about citizens being prepared for any disaster. It's a common thing when you give a speech, your topic and subject matter should relate to your audience.

You're still holding onto the birther idea shows how much contempt you have for Obama. Give it a break already! Next you'll be attacking him for passing gas in a crowded convention hall.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
With global warming, we are going to see an increase in disasters involving hurricanes and the like. As technology increases, the chance of a major disaster also increases because things like nuclear power plants. As the middle-east destabilizes, the chance of a nuclear or biological attack goes up. Hackers could try to take out electric grids across the U.S... The internet could go out.

I think Obama is saying that the current FEMA force might not be very helpful in the event of another Katrina.

Last year here in Japan we had more typhoons hit land and heavy rain storms that I can remember in over 20 years. So I think or even feel he is telling people to wise up a bit and get or think about prepareness and survival in case the weather really plays foul this summer. Right now the summer fruits are ripening about 5 to 7 days earlier, that should say something and the fishing nearby in the ocean has been the best I've seen in the last 10 years. Don't know what's going on, maybe the Pres's advisors are educating him of the possibilities for the future.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I stopped listening to the government, the government is (picture this) a big ass, yeah a legless and torsoless disembodied ass that just says #. Dont listen to the government, always be prepared to think on your feet.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Where did you get your scale from ? Just curious

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I became concerned a few years back when the nation switched to digital TV signal and dropped the analog. Then again when the POTUS decided that the Emergency Broadcast System should be nation wide & that with the flick of a switch he can tune ALL of us into the storyline. If their is another species of intelligence out their and their gonna send us a signal.....I sure as hell hope it's digital and not analog...or maybe that's the deal....it's an analog signal and we aint getting it. AS per our Governments. Then again I'm a conspiracy theorist... on a site dedicated to such.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In the old days, with Kings and Queens...they kept close to them in court a psychic. It is my understanding that Hillary Clinton and probably others in the white house practice this as well. It could be that he got a disturbing future prediction.

This is very scary.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

if the best obamas soothsayer could come up with was hurricanes in hurricane season, its not that scary.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

lets hope not

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Anyone else have significantly above average FEELINGS, SENSINGS, IMPRESSIONS about this warning and others similar to this one recently?

If I did, I wouldn't trust them.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? --Jeremiah 17:9

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

Some sorts are more trustworthy than others.

And some folks have practiced more successful discernment than others. Those are the folks I was hoping to hear from!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have no problem being prepared, as I've done that for years anyway.

But unless my house is under 10 feet of water, leaving it would be the stupidest thing I could do.
I wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If anyone is really looking at the world and not ignoring the discomfort of true changes they will know to be ready for something!Healthy caution and some discomfort are way healthier then, "no fear" just watch who gets run over crossing the street.

The volcanos have come into an active season along with earthquakes and changes, it is just starting.

If you watch at least the end of this video they will state openly the changes in Yellowstone just one of the things happening in the world.

Maybe space is going to become more active in what it throws at us too.

It is important to define what the Galactic Alignment is in precise astronomical terms. (See the Glossary below for terms.)

The Galactic Alignment is the alignment of the December solstice sun with the Galactic equator. This alignment occurs as a result of the precession of the equinoxes.

Precession is caused by the earth wobbling very slowly on its axis and shifts the position of the equinoxes and solstices one degree every 71.5 years. Because the sun is one-half of a degree wide, it will take the December solstice sun 36 years to precess through the Galactic equator (see diagram below).

The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997).

Thus, the Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012."

This Galactic Alignment occurs only once every 26,000 years, and was what the ancient Maya were pointing to with the 2012 end-date of their Long Count calendar.

alignment2012.com...
edit on 7-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Maybe you should go over to the ATS Survival Forum and see what every other poster has to say about preparedness. Are they sinister too, or is it just hearing it echoed by Blackie McPresident that has you rattled?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join