It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with the Benjaminites, maidens of Jabesh-gilead and the daughters of Shiloh.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Judges 19-21:25 tells the story of the attempted rape of a Levite who offers his concubine to the men of the town of Gibeah where he was spending the night in an old man's house. The man offers his daughter, a virgin, to the men, who are Benjaminites. But the Levite instead gives up his concubine to be " 'wantonly raped' her, and abused her all through the night until morning." (19:25)

They literally rape her to death and the Benjaminites refuse to allow the men to be punished. Israel almost wipes out the whole tribe of Benjamin and not wanting to lose a tribe they decide, with Yahweh's counsel, to slaughter the men and wives of Jabesh-gilead and take their virgin women because they didn't participate in the war and slaughter of the Benjaminites.

Then they take the"daughters of Shiloh", innocent girls dancing and celebrating in the then important town of Shiloh in Samaria/Northern Israel.

The rape of the Levites concubine, which could have been avoided if she wasn't offered up, was horrendous.

But was it as big a crime as kidnapping and forcing the ladies of Shiloh into marriage?

Or slaughtering the pacifists of Jabesh-gilead and doing the same with their women?

All this was done with the approval, so the story says, of Yahweh.

What are we to make of this as logically thinking people? I can't believe God, the real God, would ever condone what was done to the woman of Shiloh and Jabesh-gilead. Or this kind of revenge.

God could never let innocent people get murdered or kidnapped at his behest.

Sounds more like Satan's doing.
edit on 6-6-2016 by LenatasataneL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Horrible story, recounting of the truth of the bible.
No fairy floss, no sweet roses and unicorns with rainbow manes in the text

Its a hard and nasty retelling of the evil of Israel and mens selfish nature

heavydluxe.blogspot.com.au...

The approval of Yahweh, really, where

Its an important story explaining mans evil and Gods disgust, hence why its in the Old Testament, hence what happens to humanity when they have no rule

Let it be a warning

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LenatasataneL

Sounds more like Satan's doing.

Sounds more like Szarah got banned and has been reincarnated yet again as another Bible hating propagandist. The many lives of a gnostic.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Horrible story, recounting of the truth

Its an important story explaining mans evil and Gods disgust, hence why its in the Old Testament, hence what happens to humanity when they have no rule

Let it be a warning

"God's" disgust seems to favor the Israelites over all mankind. And the author was an Israelite.

What a "coincidence."

Too bad "God" isn't disgusted by the disgusting actions OF the Israelites.

He will raise hell over a statue though. Kidnapping, no big deal.

Yeah, a lesson indeed.

Lesson: the god of Israel is not really God.

You asked where Yahweh approved?

20:17 They set off and went to Bethel to consult God. The Israelites put the question, "which of us should go out first to attack the Benjaminites?" Yahweh answered, "Judah shall go first"

That's where.

So, Yahweh is in communication with them.

If he didn't condemn the oath to not marry into Benjamin's tribe, didn't punish the slaughter and kidnapping AND DID approve the war with Benjamin, common sense is he approved.

Considering the amount of times he has punished the Israelites for transgression when he doesn't it is basically an approval.

In this case he approved KNOWING what would happen and did nothing to prevent it.
edit on 7-6-2016 by LenatasataneL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

No, I don't know who Szarah is and how is this propaganda?

It is what the book says. If I was the author and was trying to manipulate people then it would be propaganda.

I am just reviewing the contents.

Tell me, what IS a Gnostic?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LenatasataneL

Let it be a warning

20:17 They set off and went to Bethel to consult God. The Israelites put the question, "which of us should go out first to attack the Benjaminites?" Yahweh answered, "Judah shall go first"

That's where.

If he didn't condemn the oath to not marry into Benjamin's tribe, didn't punish the slaughter and kidnapping AND DID approve the war with Benjamin, common sense is he approved.

Considering the amount of times he has punished the Israelites for transgression when he doesn't it is basically an approval.

In this case he approved KNOWING what would happen and did nothing to prevent it.

Ahh I get it, God is supposed to punish everyone because He knows the future, every one is evil, every one will need to be punished
Thats nonsense, utter nonsense

Its written as a historical fact and you want to make it into something else.
God punishes sin, He does not punish uncommitted sin, its a silly premise.

Common sense, great choice of words

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Let it be a warning

That's where.

Ahh I get it, God is supposed to punish everyone because He knows the future, every one is evil, every one will need to be punished

You asked. I showed you.

You don't like that you didn't know it. If you don't want your questions answered don't ask.

He approved. I showed you where. Deal with it.

It isn't even the worst case.

He actually orders the Israelites to rape in one book.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Let it be a warning

That's where.

It is common sense.

I didn't try and make it something else. I present it as is.

I don't think you get the concept of common sense.

And you don't know what the author was thinking when he wrote it or even who the author is.

Which means you don't know that it was written as history.

If it was, Yahweh is evil.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

A gnostic is someone who substitutes an inconvenient truth with a convoluted fabrication consisting of distorted facts and weak symbolism. That's my definition, I'm sure your's along with the secular world will differ, but that's the root motive of Gnosticism. Just like Balaam, the Nicolaitans, and Yezabel.

edit on 7-6-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Let it be a warning

That's where.

It's only what you presume that I mean, what you say I said, that is nonsense, utter nonsense.

And I didn't even say what you claim I said.

That makes it YOUR nonsense.

What I said makes sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

A gnostic is someone who substitutes an inconvenient truth with a convoluted fabrication consisting of distorted facts and weak symbolism. That's my definition, I'm sure your's along with the secular world will differ, but that's the root motive of Gnosticism. Just like Balaam, the Nicolaitans, and Yezabel.

That is not even close to the definition of Gnostic.

Gnostic means someone knowledgeable in matters of the Divine through experience.

Not through clergy but direct experience.

That is all the word Gnostic means. It isn't a religion just a way of life.

It doesn't conflict with religion.

Kabbalists, Sufis and Christian Kabbalists are all Gnostic. It's an adjective that describes the art of "knowing" God.

Verses just having faith. Knowledge, Faith and Wisdom are the major aspects of the philosophy.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hello Gnosisfaith, Essene616, 33Iam666, 369elyon, Areyousirius360, Gnosisrisen, Rasalghoul, Myrhh, Merari, Esephech, Asherahel, Megacore, Caligula, SerapisChrist, Bezelel, Ophite, Amraphiah, Azzezza, Stringsatt, Tsuro, MetatronTheAeon, Heresiarch, Ameretat, ElementalFreeze, AmenTelestai, CapstonePendulum, StephenHope, SilentSage, Parazurvan, Szarah, Lastdays & ChloeTTR. It's been a few hours since you posted the same stuff.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Where?
This will be good considering God outlawed rape Deuteronomy 22:23-29 and rape is theft
edit on 7-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The entire book of Judges is on the theme of value relativism.

The most common repeated phrase in Judges is "and they all did what was right in their own eyes". They were all doing what they thought was right but were not actually obeying Gods laws. None of these sinful acts was mandated by God.

That's why the book initially recounts people slightly diverging from God's truth but over time, things really degenerate, going from bad to worse. It is a record of the degeneration of the best ethical ideals of man when not founded in God's laws.

That is the context of the verses you quote.

edit on 7/6/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Where?
This will be good considering God outlawed rape Deuteronomy 22:23-29 and rape is theft

LenatasataneL is misquoting a Prophecy that the Medes would war against the Chaldean Babylonians and in doing so would rape the Chaldean women (in Isaiah 13:15-26).

There was no instruction for the Israelis to commit rape, Nor was it an instruction to the Medes (who had no way to know of the prophecy until after it had come to pass) to commit rape. It was purely an accurate prophecy.

LenatasataneL when they were Szarah, was told this but they obviously choose to to ignore fact where it messes with their fantasy.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

There is no doubt the poor persons confusion, stating that harming anyone in public needs to be contested
Rape is unacceptable, it's against the law, where they get this idea from needs to be reasoned.
I am thinking another text, happy to show why this delusion is wrong
It's funny, some people think because it's in the bible it's acceptable, the bible tells the story because it's so terrible, so despicable

There is a reason I love God, the promise of justice in the future, bring on Gods justice

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Where?

LenatasataneL is misquoting a Prophecy that the Medes would war against the Chaldean Babylonians and in doing so would rape the Chaldean women (in Isaiah 13:15-26).

There was no instruction for the Israelis to commit rape, Nor was it an instruction to the Medes (who had no way to know of the prophecy until after it had come to pass) to commit rape. It was purely an accurate prophecy.

LenatasataneL when they were Szarah, was told this but they obviously choose to to ignore fact where it messes with their fantasy.

I am not misquoting anything God "stirred up the Medes" knowing that this rape was going to occur.

As far as I am concerned that is as good as ordering it. It is as good. He stirred them up and bragged to Isaiah about the rapes.

I should have specified that "them" was Medes, but that is not a misquote. I just slipped up when I said the Israelites when I meant to say the Persians.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Hello Gnosisfaith, Essene616, 33Iam666, 369elyon, Areyousirius360, Gnosisrisen, Rasalghoul, Myrhh, Merari, Esephech, Asherahel, Megacore, Caligula, SerapisChrist, Bezelel, Ophite, Amraphiah, Azzezza, Stringsatt, Tsuro, MetatronTheAeon, Heresiarch, Ameretat, ElementalFreeze, AmenTelestai, CapstonePendulum, StephenHope, SilentSage, Parazurvan, Szarah, Lastdays & ChloeTTR. It's been a few hours since you posted the same stuff.

Are you OK? You seem to be saying high to your friends but I am not one of them.

You must have sent this to the wrong person. I literally just joined.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Are you OK? You seem to be saying high to your friends but I am not one of them.

We've all heard that one before. I have seen exactly the same comment at least four times previously.

Yesterday Szarah was banned and said exactly the same things in their previous threads (like all the other logons too), now suddenly a new logon, hours later and without a single post in the introductions forum (which seems par for the course for all those logons) and straight for the "Religion, Faith and Theology" sub-forum.

It's true, you could be a first timer but I'd predict you'll be banned in next to no time because doing what you keep doing is against the terms and conditions of the use of the ATS forums and you'll also begin abusing others who disagree with your posts (especially if they have valid and reasonable answers).

edit on 7/6/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

We've all heard that one before.

Yesterday Szarah was banned and said exactly the same things in their previous threads, now suddenly a new logon, hours later and without a single post in the introductions forum (which seems par for the course for you).

No one is fooled.

I guess I would be disappointed if not for the fact that I am brand new.

Or satisfied that you are so interested if not for the fact that you are talking to someone else and not Szarah.

Why would anyone get banned?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join