It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Commissioner Bans Gay Sauna, ‘Too Close to Mosque… Caused Widespread Offence’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Social justice warriors beware... your brain is about to explode!

Police Commissioner Bans Gay Sauna, ‘Too Close to Mosque… Caused Widespread Offence’

A Conservative Party Police and Crime Commissioner has blocked a licence for a gay sauna – because the location is too close to a mosque, which she said might cause “policing issues”. The sauna’s owners withdrew the application after receiving a barrage of homophobic abuse from the local Muslim community.

Omg what's going to happen! My brain can't handle this!!!

There is no way!

Just kidding guys.

On a serious note though.. is anyone really surprised? This is a throwback of puritanical Christians from the 1950's. You know something we've finally been moving past in the western world.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wonder if the Mosque was paid for by the House of Saud?

Pretty bad that bull# like this is still happening

We need to stop trying to appease these fanatics.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Had they tried it next to, for example, a Catholic church, there would have been identical backlash resulting in the same end result.

Then again, next to a Catholic joint may be where the money is to be made. And all the comedy gold, so much comedy gold waiting for us.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

receiving a barrage of homophobic abuse from the local Muslim community.
Yes, this does not surprise me this happened in England. Muslims have a foothold over there and are dictating to Govt and non muslims what they will accept or wont accept. Who the bloody hell do these economic migrants think they are?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I bet it's really starting to get confusing for the government trying to appease all these special interests groups.

OMG everyone is equal!

OMG Muslims are offended by gay we gotta make laws!

OMG gay people are offended by Muslims!

"Mommy!"

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nah, Catholics are pretty quiet.

Believe it or not the more modern Christian churches have been changing their philosophy on a lot of issues and paying more attention to the gospels than to the old Jewish traditions in the old testament.

A friend of mine I grew up with became a minister and I was very surprised by the way they run their church.
edit on 6/6/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Thought this might be appropriate.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Had they tried it next to, for example, a Catholic church, there would have been identical backlash resulting in the same end result.

Then again, next to a Catholic joint may be where the money is to be made. And all the comedy gold, so much comedy gold waiting for us.

If this was the case it would be a front page story and the MSM would be talking about it for weeks. But since it's Muslims only Breitbart will report it and we need to read about it on ATS to know it's even happening.

#doublestandards

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Nah, Catholics are pretty quiet.

Believe it or not the more modern Christian churches have been changing their philosophy on a lot of issues and paying more attention to the gospels than to the old Jewish traditions in the old testament.

A friend of mine I grew up with became a minister and I was very surprised by the way they run their church.

Straight out of my ex Roman Catholic husband's mouth:
"Yeah, right. The Church is so open-minded & tolerant, they didn't excommunicate my lesbian parents! Oh wait, they did."

My ex- Roman Catholic mother also begs to differ on that tolerance.

I will agree that some sects are much more tolerant than others. Since moving to the north & discovering this thing called Reformists, I'm finding they're pretty decent people. I'm 3 doors down from a Catholic church (rigid, icy people, from the interactions we've had) and around the corner from a Reformed church. Reformists are, in this atheist's opinion, significantly better Christians judging by how they treat others. We're actually on a first name basis with the pastor, and we don't even attend!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Wishful thinking.

'Death Penalty For Gays' Literature At Right-Wing Conference

Phillip Kayser is among the several speakers joining Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Bobby Jindal at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa this weekend, and as we've reported, he, along with the conference's chief organizer, Kevin Swanson, has called on the government to execute gay people. Kayser's views are so extreme that back in the 2012 election, Ron Paul's campaign tried to cover up his endorsement.

However, it seems that in today's GOP, calling for the execution of gay people isn't beyond the pale.

At the conference, where he is giving two speeches on how local officials and others can defy the Supreme Court's marriage equality decision, Kayser distributed the very pamphlet calling for the death penalty for gay people that caused a stir back when he endorsed Paul.

In the pamphlet, “Is The Death Penalty Just?,” Kayser unsurprisingly concludes that the death penalty is in fact just, and lists homosexuality among the offenses deserving of capital punishment. Ironically for a "religious liberties" summit, he also claims that the government should treat "breaking the Sabbath," "blasphemy and cursing God publicly," "publicly sacrificing to other gods" and "apostasy" as death penalty crimes as well.

Evangelists are the fastest growing group of Christians in the US.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I didn't say tolerant i said quiet. They typically keep to themselves accept for the pope.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ok ok ok. Some churches.

Feel better?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: Nyiah

If this was the case it would be a front page story and the MSM would be talking about it for weeks. But since it's Muslims only Breitbart will report it and we need to read about it on ATS to know it's even happening.

#doublestandards

Well to be fair, it's in England. Maybe you spend more time on the daily news in England than I do, but I don't pretend to know every last little thing that happens in every country. Even the US.

@ OP - so I'm guessing you shortened her actual title for the sake of thread title brevity as opposed to any desire to paint this as an overreach by law enforcement, but I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly a police and crime commissioner actually does. Some sort of civilian oversight or purse holder or something as best I can figure?

Strange that she cited potential policing problems when the actual cops didn't seem too concerned with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Hell yeah, if it had happened near a Southern Baptist church in Texas, they would have been bringin' their guns. Not kidding.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Consider this. Did you ever once in the media or in a debate hear anyone call out Ted Cruz for not only attending that conference but being a speaker at it? (His crazy father was a speaker at it as well). Even one time?

How about Bobby Jindal or Mike Huckabee?

I assume that because you're not an insane person or a religious extremist, you're appalled by the idea of executing gay people for being gay. I would also say that people who think like that are not too far removed from ISIS. Isn't it odd that this wasn't a big deal?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Gay saunas are a thing? Jesus. Well no surprise a religious establishment hates gays. If the sauna was located near a school or church I'm sure they would still receive death threats and what not. I guess the owner can fight this in court of move his business to a more gay friendly area.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Hell yeah, if it had happened near a Southern Baptist church in Texas, they would have been bringing' their guns. Not kidding.
It cracks me up how you regressives rationalize your bigoted stereotypes.
edit on 6-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm an optimist, so I see the good in this.

It's nice to see conservatives and Muslims unite in their passion for homophobia.

Make England Great Again!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bahahahaha yeah, pretty much. I'm anti religion in general but Islam is my most disliked. The Old Testament is full of really awful hateful and in my opinion full on evil happenings but how many modern Christians are actually acting on it? The problem with Islam imo is that some believers actually act on Allah's commandments to kill infidels. If Christians actually followed there book to the letter they would also be killing lots of people. And by the way, this goes out to all the Christian ladies who wear pants. . . . Your actions are an abomination to the Lord and you will go straight to Hell for wearing pants along with Homosexuals, people who eat pork, and or seafood other than fish, and well the list goes on. So you may want to ask forgiveness from JC cause you are in deep Biblical doodoo.
edit on 6-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Wanted to add info

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join