It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Completely Loses Control After Her EBT Food Stamps Card Is Declined

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Pretty much what I was thinking - why the hell we ever decided to shutter and "de-fund" mental health facilities is beyond me.
The irony...Anyone who can't see this woman is mentally ill is absolutely nuts.

The worst part? Mental illness I believe is communicable. Not in a biological sense, but in that it rubs off on the people around you, perhaps only for people with a predisposition but that's still a lot of people.

I speak from experience as someone who grew up with a dysfunctional family within poorer communities or just on the edge of poverty. Social circles, behavioural reinforcement, support systems, all extremely negative. Once you get away from it though its like the world suddenly makes sense for the first time in your life.

A few people in this thread I think have pointed out similar situations. Living in desolate poverty stricken areas where it's as if people behave like animals. The reality is a lot of people don't know any different, and to them, their worlds are extremely confrontational dystopian nightmares where they feel like they're being persecuted even when people are trying to help them.

And that's where the mental illness kicks in. Even in lower middle class, to mid-middle class communities you see this, where negativity and beating down your neighbours at their expense for the other to feel better about themselves...

These people are so far from reality it would take a lot of help in the mental health department to set them right. Years of negative reinforcement isn't helping.

It's a common theme in these communities, "I just need to get out of here" or "I made it out of that place" for those that get out... and when you look back, a lot of the same people are still there, sabotaging each other, ruining each others lives, in a codependent nightmare, and the further you get away from it the more and more sanity comes back to you. Maybe you seek out professional help, maybe just being away from it resets you to some kind of normalcy (again, probably depends on disposition).

Mental health is a major component though. As well as social engagement and positive influences/reinforcement. It's not to say the government needs to step in and take over either, but if its ignored, well, good luck. You can only ignore a problem so long before it slowly begins to creep up and find its way into the utopia you thought you created by shutting these people out of. It's a social issue that needs to be addressed whether its private programs/charities or government or whatever [works].

Picture 100 people stranded on an island. If ten of them run off and you start to see them go bat**** insane, if the other 90 don't do something about it early on, eventually you are going to deal with them at a later time.

That's my 2 cents on it anyway.

Im not trying to say I know the answer to it either, it's a complicated problem. But it's obviously not one that either political side has fixed because mental health issues and poverty have existed and been a problem both sides of the fence spanning throughout tenure of either political side. Which is also why I don't even see it as a political issue.
edit on 6-6-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"Lady"...are you kidding me?! And to say "large" is just such an astronomical FAIL till it's almost not laughable! But, j guess we must be PC (a joke unto itself) to be favoured as one of the "elite", oh so properly braindead steeple. Yes, no, in-between?

Okay, I'll say it...she "appears" to be a out of control "fat, lardbutt" , who apparently did not get the notification about a huge cut to those who do not qualify for FS anymore, or at least a decreased amount. Perhaps she did not understand the new lines drawn by our government...well, at least for natural born citizens? Either way she's a disgrace to women and /or mothers. But I'm sure our newly minted citizens from the ME/or wherever, will be processed, allowed and FREELY GIVEN that which our own vets, homeless and hungry CITIZENS are not..."for the people...by the people" doesn't exist anymore, does it? .
edit on 6-6-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

One classy lady...would like to see what her purchases consisted of...fantastic

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Unfortunately people on food stamps can't afford mental health care

Sanders 2016

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Look at the comments on that video. Those are like minded individuals. Doesn't that make you proud? That woman is obviously mentally ill.

Be careful if there's ever a full system breakdown nationwide !!

This is low, even for you.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: jkm1864

That's the spirit! These "failures" should be allowed to starve! They don't deserve to have food on their tables.

/sarcasm

Is that why she got the card in the first place?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Sanders 2016

But Obama made all health care affordable for everyone?!! Didn't he?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There is now a 3-month limit in most states for how long you can be on food stamps without a job. Otherwise, you have to work or volunteer at least 20 hours a week to get them or be disabled (or a few other things).

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

a reply to: jkm1864

That's the spirit! These "failures" should be allowed to starve! They don't deserve to have food on their tables.

/sarcasm

Some might starve. The truly mentally disabled but I think that a lot of these uncivilized leeches like this "woman" might actually then be forced to act like adults. I think they might choose that over starvation but who knows.

Hey at least she's attempting to use her EBT card at the store unlike most of the people I know who sell them.

Maybe this woman was one who bought the card from people like that.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Something's a bit fishy here. You spelled favoured with a "u" which is not the American English spelling of favored.

favoured

Then you got on some sort of nativist mini-rant which has absolutely nothing to do with anything:

Perhaps she did not understand the new lines drawn by our government...well, at least for natural born citizens? Either way she's a disgrace to women and /or mothers. But I'm sure our newly minted citizens from the ME/or wherever, will be processed, allowed and FREELY GIVEN that which our own vets, homeless and hungry CITIZENS are not...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
How do we know this woman is freaking out because her EBT card was denied?

Is this the same video? Published July 1, 2013

OP, why do you continually post this kind of garbage? Anything to stir the pot for stars and flags, I guess..smh.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yepp. Honestly this OP alone is doing more than a fair share of turning this site to crap. Praise Xuenchen - bringing conservative circle jerk material to us since 2010.
edit on 6-6-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yepp. Honestly this OP alone is doing more than a fair share of turning this site to crap. Praise Xuenchen - bringing conservative circle jerk material to us since 2010.

I agree. Al this crying scrutinizing every single word that trump says and posting about it constantly is getting a bit cheap.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Not really, no. There are still people without healthcare.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

No, the ACA made it so that everyone can purchase health insurance. Not everyone has the financial means to do so. Those who don't make enough money to do so are supposed to be covered through Medicaid but not every state accepted the funds to do so, 26 of them didn't actually. Furthermore, not everyone who has health care gets mental health coverage, of those that do, it's still a voluntary system, if this woman is mentally ill she might not be willing to get treatment for her illness.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Swills

Sanders 2016

Your petty political banter shows the scope faculties.

Mental health care and affordable health care are two entirely separate subjects. Mental health should be universal no matter what. It's the state of your people. It always has been covered anyway, indirectly or not and it always will. Before medicine was how it is now, there were homes supported by rich dynasties.

Today, someone walks into an ER, guess who pays for it? Poor, crazy, homeless et al, who suffer the worst untreated mental health problems cannot pay those bills, and hippocratic oath requires doctors to provide for those people.

Since you brought up health care though, it's like my first post said its not a political topic, no matter how much you want it to be. Neither side has the right answer until they get the cost of healthcare down in the state per capita - since America has some of the highest per capita healthcare costs in the world (before Obama too) - (and before Bush) - and finds some universal healthcare that works, probably will need to limit the litigious pop-culture and slap down bloated insurance / drug industries.

But oh well.

It wont happen though, it means telling rich people to stop scamming the American people and neither your beloved conservatives nor democrats are willing to do that.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This video is really old. It's in almost every "public freak-out" compilation on YouTube.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Majority of Americans are a joke they are so brainwashed to the system. Do not go to America when the system breaks down. Under any circumstances Canada and Mexico should not open borders of Americans running over unless there was a giant monster fight inside America like Godzilla.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

What a buffoon. Not much else I can add to this except that this lady is a complete embarrassment.

No much else to add except this is probably going to be the typical reaction when a lot of people start getting denied EBT cards and funds...

This happened in 2013, EBT went offline for a day or so, IIRC, and they had mini-riots all over.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I think children in homes where there is a mentally ill parent can certainly behave mentally ill when in actuality they are not, due to learned behaviors. Their parents model behaviors and they pick up on it. Through interaction with others outside of the home, they are able to pick up on social cues and modify their behavior. Of course, this can apply to what a child learns through their community as well and think that is far more difficult to recover from so to speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join