It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Small Things Amuse You?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Penny presses, sno-globes and bubble wrap. I'm easy.

eta: internet typos.
edit on 6/6/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Didn't Charles Masons lead a cult that had a bunch of people killed in California?

I knew Masons were evil!

Yup, and then he put them in Mason jars.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

It's lovely to see a pet so relaxed and secure in its environment that it can sleep that easily and uninhibitedly

I used to have a little black gerbil who would sleep flat on her back. I never saw another rodent do that. She'd snore, too. Little high pitched squeaks - but she was a funny little thing in lots of ways.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: berenike
Masons.

Didn't Charles Masons lead a cult that had a bunch of people killed in California?
I knew Masons were evil!

Thanks forgot THAT one!

Evil.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Another small thing that amuses me is talking about history as only I see it.

Take for instance, the Masons.

Founded in 1843, right after WWI, the Masons started out as a band of traveling soup peddlers who unionized after the Great Fork Epidemic of 09. After two nights of tequila and bad tattoos, they decided to start up a fraternal (that means college) order of rowdy people who were never sober.

And they carry on this grand tradition to this day.

amen.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Our proud and secret history finally revealed.

I would come gut you and take your liver but I don't want something I could use to hammer nails.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll have you know I have the liver of a 20 year old.

The rest of the body, I got rid off.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know, I tripped over the carpet in that alley.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The other day, I saw a display of bubble solution -- I'm so old I don't remember what it's called anymore, but those things with the stick in it and you blow through the loop to make bubbles -- and I grabbed one on impulse and tossed it into the cart. Later my husband went looking for it because he thought it was dish soap and didn't know why it had that stick in it... I had already forgotten about it, so it took me a moment of being caught off guard.

Anyway, I pulled the thing out of the jar and said, "Here! Blow on this!" and the stream of bubbles went into the air and the two of us were like little children, giggling and fighting over who's turn it was to blow bubbles.

Plus he really had a talent for this. He was able to recapture them on the stick and even suck a few back into one large one.

Who knew, that being a child could be so much fun? I think I'll start carrying it around in my purse!

Thanks OP, for the laugh.

Fishy

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish
Bubbles are fun. It's even more fun with smoke. Flammable gas is fun in them too. It's cool when you light them.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Bubbles are fun. It's even more fun with smoke. Flammable gas is fun in them too. It's cool when you light them.

Are you farting in the tub and lighting the bubbles again?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Bubble wrap.

And trying to flawlessly peel the label off of a beer bottle in one piece.

Oh and playing with zippo lighters... you know that whole flip-the-top-and-spin-the-wheel to make fire all in one single "I'm Joe Cool" movement ? Yeah, that.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Nibiru.

Because the word doesn't even exist in the Sumerian language, as far as anyone knows.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I get great amusement by seeing cats that are "cleaning" themselves with one back leg hiked up in the air like a feline Dr. Scott........... and then they get distracted by something and look all around, holding the leg pike throughout the whole process.

I know. It's silly. Still cracks me up.

The nasty little splatty sound a plastic mustard bottle makes when it's squeezed and nearly empty. Yes. I have issues.

I occasionally leave stacks of scratch paper in my office slightly askew, to help identify people who are as order-obsessive as me.

This isn't my original idea, but it's fun anyway. If I see somebody in a public place that is performing while they talk on their phone, I will stand nearby with my phone to my ear, and answer their statements. I don't remember where I saw that, but it's an amazingly satisfying way to burn away seven minutes.

Life's little pleasures.

I love it, abosolutely LOVE it when three or four parrots fly overhead and dive bomb me. There is no reason whatsoever for them to fly so low or so close, except that they like it, and it's fun. Counting coup on the human, perhaps.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
No but it sounds like fun. Got any beans?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
. My friends all have small kids, some I love and some I wont even go around and the ones I love I could watch and laugh at all day. I like puppies too.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What Small Things Amuse You?

I know it will seem inconsequential to most members but I have become quite adept at fixing things that aren't broken.
My redesign of household gadgets is a constant source of admiration by my loving wife and her mother.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I like it when the car behind you gets over to pass you, then suddenly THEIR lane slows way down and they disappear in your rear view mirror and you're like, "Shoulda stayed where you were, fool!"

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My husband claiming he will mop the kitchen floor.

Delusions can be cute.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Our cat Clarissa has the ultimate weapon --- the fur ball --- and can produce them when she is pi--ed.

My son lay on our bed where she likes to sleep - she meow's at him but he stays put so off she goes - fur ball just under his bed where it can be seen yet awkward to get up. Had to laugh.

We went away for the weekend and so my son looked after her. When we came back my wife came in laughing her head off from our bedroom. Clarissa had fur balled her shoe. Obviously weekends away are not OK with our beautiful cat either. I am glad for small mercies in that she can't talk.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join