It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s racist attacks are creating chaos — and even his own campaign is sick of it

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

See ... prejudice is when you don't really know a person, like Trump last Friday about the judge "We think he's a Mexican."

No, you don't. Prejudice is defined as "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience." You have never met me. I could be a paid shill making 40 bucks an hour to drive you nuts or I could be a 18 year old living in my grandmas basement.

I don't know any of you. I know what you post but I am not trying to figure our your religion, or race, or orientation or belief based on Internet posts. I am reading your thoughts as a person.

We can all have opinions...and we can all have a voice as you stated. It is good debate with people who may not change your mind but make you look at things in a different way that cause us to grow wise. The world needs more of that.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

See ... prejudice is when you don't really know a person, like Trump last Friday about the judge "We think he's a Mexican."

No, you don't. Prejudice is defined as "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience." You have never met me. I could be a paid shill making 40 bucks an hour to drive you nuts or I could be a 18 year old living in my grandmas basement.

I don't know any of you. I know what you post but I am not trying to figure our your religion, or race, or orientation or belief based on Internet posts. I am reading your thoughts as a person.

We can all have opinions...and we can all have a voice as you stated. It is good debate with people who may not change your mind but make you look at things in a different way that cause us to grow wise. The world needs more of that.

Argue from the dictionary all you want. /shrug

Nope, never met you. Have read lots of your "stuff" though. And with your perennial defense of Donald J. Trump, you're as sure as a preacher or perhaps a broken record, if you like that metaphor better. Or forget that I made a metaphor. That's okay too. If calling you a preacher offended you, you have my apology; it was only in fun.

Further, you don't drive me nuts at all Matafuchs ... I find you hilarious. Your hoop-jumping for Trump truly brightens my days.

I absolutely agree with your statement on debate. That's the only reason I'm still here.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's amazing how the MSM and Trump haters (including all those Republican establishment politicians who have had to fall into line, now waiting to for the moment to attack) can offer such fake outrage. Got to laugh.

Given the judge wants to carry on a case without a plaintiff

False

and so many legal professionals have said that the decisions he is making are odd,

False

The judge should absolutely recuse himself. There is certainly concern that there is personal prejudice involved here on the judges part. We're not getting to hear about that are we?

False...The Judiciary does not recuse themselves because of their faith, ethnicity or sex.

Clarence Thomas does not recuse himself in cases involving discrimination of African Americans
Ruth Bader Ginsberg does not recuse herself on cases involving pay equality or women's issues.
Justice John Roberts does not recuse himself as a Catholic ...nor would have Scalia...when Religious freedom issues concerning the Catholic church come before the court.

Defendants can't simply demand a new judge based on heritage, color, religion....

Holy crap people...do you really not understand America or the American Justice System?

So what's the big hullabaloo about appointing judges to the SC?

You'll get a different view from a liberal judge than a conservative judge, right?

The judge is an activist and that can be a problem.

Btw, here is what Sotomayor said;

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

And the next line in that speech of Sotomayor was...

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life. Let us not forget that wise men like Oliver Wendell Holmes and Justice Cardozo voted on cases which upheld both sex and race discrimination in our society.

You forgot that part?

She was discussing the inherent virtue of having a woman justice weigh in on Sexual Discrimination rulings..or a Latino Justice weigh in on Racial discrimination rulings....Which our system of Justice encourages and finds a virtue...equality and representation within the justice system.

It DOES NOT speak to a Woman or Minority somehow having special insight or knowledge by virtue of their experience of a SCAM UNIVERSITY that some buffoon posing as a Billionaire used to fleece people of their money.

YOUR LOGIC IS THIS...

The judge is biased against Trump because his parents place of birth means he might not personally approve of Trumps anti "Mexican" rhetoric.

Thus the judge should recuse himself...even though that rhetoric has NOTHING to do with the case he is ruling on.

But by the way Trump "Loves the Hispanics!!"

Trump also said he would question a "Muslim" judge...despite religion having nothing to do with the case.

Could he not also question a Female judge? Citing his relatively low polling numbers with women?

And he could certainly question (and has) the political leaning of a judge...even though it has nothing to do with the case.

If we are to deny Justices their neutrality and dismiss them based on sex, gender and religion then we are pretty much calling it quits on the Justice system altogether...a terrific pre-cursor to Dictatorship.

If our Justice system involves too much "diversity" for Trump, he has options...Like North Korea...

But someone with such disdain for the very basis of our American Justice System has no business running for President...he is not fit for a School Board posting...he is not qualified to run the McDonalds down the street..
edit on 7-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yep. I would dig up poor Bill and reanimate him to give his age advice, except those left in his beloved party would take pitchforks and immediately throw him back into his grave. Paul Ryan would burn him at the stake over Ayn Rand. Poor Bill would be the target of the new conservative firing line. ...pun intended

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

No, you don't. Prejudice is defined as "preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience." You have never met me.

Wow that definition explains everything that burps out of trumps mouth...

""preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience."

That should be the running text at the bottom of the screen every time Trump gives a speech or interview on any topic.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
If our Justice system involves too much "diversity" for Trump, he has options...Like North Korea...

That's exactly what I was thinking, when he was rattling off who should not be the judge. I thought, "Well, heck, go to North Korea to find one."

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

His court case is also long standing and his guy has been ruling crazily even before he ran.

What are you talking about? Nobody has been able to demonstrate that the judge is biased. Don don doesn't get to just say stuff and have everyone treat his opinion like it's gospel. Just because things aren't going well for the presumptive flim flam man doesn't mean he's getting a raw deal

Do you really think after the comments Trump made about the wall, with what the Judge supports, there is no bias? I wish I could say there was not but there is. A lot of it.

Wishing there was bias is not evidence of bias

Who Is Judge Gonzalo Curiel, The Man Trump Attacked For His Mexican Ancestry?

Vega, who had known Curiel for decades, told NPR he finds it ironic that a man who put his life at risk to fight the scourge of drugs from Mexico is being portrayed as incapable of being fair because of his Mexican background.

Curiel left the U.S. attorney's office in 2006 when California's Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed him to the state court bench. Five years later, President Obama named Curiel to the federal district court in San Diego.

At his confirmation hearing, Curiel had this to say about his heritage: "My parents came here from Mexico with a dream of providing their children opportunities, and they've been able to do that with the opportunities that this country has to offer."

On the bench, Curiel has a reputation as "completely fair," highly skilled and legally "sophisticated," according to the Almanac of the Federal Judiciary, which surveyed lawyers who practice regularly before the judge.

On the other hand, the GOPs nominee and crybaby grifter:

Former Texas official says he was told to drop Trump University probe

According to the documents provided by Owens, his team sought to sue Trump, his company and several business associates to help recover more than $2.6 million students spent on seminars and materials, plus another $2.8 million in penalties and fees.

Owens said he was so surprised at the order to stand down he made a copy of the case file and took it home.

"It had to be political in my mind because Donald Trump was treated differently than any other similarly situated scam artist in the 16 years I was at the consumer protection office," said Owens, who lives in Houston.

Owens' boss at the time was then-Attorney General Greg Abbott, who is now the state's GOP governor.

The Associated Press first reported Thursday that Trump gave donations totaling $35,000 to Abbott's gubernatorial campaign three years after his office closed the Trump U case. Several Texas media outlets then reported Owens' accusation that the probe was dropped for political reasons.

emphasis mine
edit on 6/7/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Let's get terms and definitions straight, here. Why? Because the labels being used are hot-button loaded.

So what is Donald Trump? A "racist"? A "bigot"? Or a "demagogue"? According to online Merriam Webster:

racism:
1 — a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 — racial prejudice or discrimination

bigot:
a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

demagogue:
1 — a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power
2 — a leader championing the cause of the common people in ancient times

I submit that according to these definitions, and examination of what he has actually said and done, he is a classic "demagogue". That is, he is manipulating popular prejudices in order to gain power. I don't think he fits the definition of "racist". We could argue about "bigot". He has been quite vocal about illegal activities of some groups, but only about their illegal activities.

Any how, I go with "demagogue".

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Detergent

I think I'll go with what Gov. Gary Johnson called him....A Pu**y

alibertarianfuture.com...

Hot button indeed!!

edit on 7-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Detergent

Put those together and we have the perfect descriptive label for the man!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

So more like the Knights of Columbus than the Mafia. Yes that's what I got.
edit on 682016 by Sillyolme because: My kindle took the k off of knights

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Oooo I'm certain you think that means something though I fail to see what it is.
Never Trump.

🌹🌷🌹🌸🌷Go Hillary

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

desert reads post and spits out morning coffee

a reply to: Sillyolme

Ah, I like the comparison. Makes sense to me.

Gryph is dead on about that "filter of hate" when seeing the world.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Despite all of the media and haters of Trump. I don't hear the racism that everyone is speaking of, only the harsh bitter truth of illegals coming in, abusing our system, raping women, flying their flags in our streets and professing how much they hate America. I don't think its racist to want this scum out of our nation, especially when they profess to hate us so much. At any rate, I would still much rather have a racist running the country, than Hillary who has a long list of murders associated with her from the beginning of her entrance into politics until now (with the most recent being that she left the diplomats in Benghazi to die, when they asked her to get them out months in advance, then she blamed it on the person who took the film footage of them being tortured). There are something like 80 suspicious deaths associated with her, and somehow she keeps getting away with it. She also has an issue with lying to people and telling them "what they want to hear", and then not doing what she promises. She flip-flops constantly and cannot be trusted with the security of our nations classifies and top secret documents. She has been hacked by other nations and even low level hackers and our nations secrets are now in the hands of our enemies. SHE is hardly a better choice. In this case, racism is not a good choice, but considering the last 2 options that we have to choose from "crap" or "$h!+"...Trump is still the better choice.
edit on 8-6-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: unknown

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Trump doesn't even know what he wants. He's a man child who cries at everything and everybody when they either catch his lies or call him out on his hypocritical bs. His campaign is sinking and people are realizing they need to bail out before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Despite all of the media and haters of Trump. I don't hear the racism that everyone is speaking of, only the harsh bitter truth of illegals coming in, abusing our system, raping women, flying their flags in our streets and professing how much they hate America. I don't think its racist to want this scum out of our nation, especially when they profess to hate us so much. At any rate, I would still much rather have a racist running the country, than Hillary who has a long list of murders associated with her from the beginning of her entrance into politics until now (with the most recent being that she left the diplomats in Benghazi to die, when they asked her to get them out months in advance, then she blamed it on the person who took the film footage of them being tortured). There are something like 80 suspicious deaths associated with her, and somehow she keeps getting away with it. She also has an issue with lying to people and telling them "what they want to hear", and then not doing what she promises. She flip-flops constantly and cannot be trusted with the security of our nations classifies and top secret documents. She has been hacked by other nations and even low level hackers and our nations secrets are now in the hands of our enemies. SHE is hardly a better choice. In this case, racism is not a good choice, but considering the last 2 options that we have to choose from "crap" or "$h!+"...Trump is still the better choice.

There has been no racism at all in his campaign.
The thing is the race card is played so much by the left that they are in fact desensitising the whole notion of racism. Frankly, if what Trump is saying is racist then the left are actually saying that racism is ok. The result will be that REAL racists will have cover amongst tens of millions of people who are tarred with the racist brush.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkchao45
Trump doesn't even know what he wants. He's a man child who cries at everything and everybody when they either catch his lies or call him out on his hypocritical bs. His campaign is sinking and people are realizing they need to bail out before it's too late.

Sinking? Do you think that because the media says so... the liberals who want Hillary?
The latest Florida poll has Trump ahead of Clinton for the first time, having closed a 20 point gap. That is an important swing state. Across all states, the latest electoral map has Trump closing. Last month Hillary was forecast to have more than a 100 electoral college vote lead (excluding 'toss up' states') over Trump taking into account 'solid' , 'likely' and 'leaning' states. That lead is now down to 30, with 'Toss up votes' rising to 180 and Trumps totals rising also.
Trump's 'sinking' campaign seems to be resulting in the electoral college map tightening up... I suspect he'll want his campaign to 'sink' some more.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

People keep referring to people as racist. I never condone going out your way to make a racist comment but and this is a big but..... it is only an opinion. If I think X people like to eat rice all day, or Y people like wearing rags over their head. That is not racist, that is just my opinion about someone else

Also, to think you or anyone does not have racist tendencies regardless of your background and current behaviour, is like saying lions do not attack smaller animals in the wild. Madness.....

Leave the man alone, at least he is trying. Many wouldn't, many would not give a rats a**.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You need to post some links with those numbers.

I think you are just making them up.

Here's the latest from Reuters....Looks like Trump has peaked and Clinton is surging.

www.reuters.com...

This race isn't about who is going to win....It's about who is going to LOSE. Time will tell.

edit on 8-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Well he's being honest and truthful. The judge has ties to LA Raza, essentially a gang and arguably a Mexican terrorist group. It's not unreasonable to be skeptical about the judge's ability to remain unbiased.

Exactly.

By the way, the last President to ban all Muslims? A Democrat.....
Nobody called Carter a racist back then. Then again, we weren't all namby pamby SJWs then either....

Here's the latest from Reuters....Looks like Trump has peaked and Clinton is surging.

Polls are about useless in this election.

Because many Trump supporters feel almost like they will be ostracized (or even attacked) if they make their allegiance known. Hows that for living in a democracy folks? We'll see on election day. Not before.
edit on 8-6-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join