It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s racist attacks are creating chaos — and even his own campaign is sick of it

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Telling about what?
She put those quotes out in speeches she made. It wasn't a gotcha statement.
Because she is latino and a female it is not racist to say that those traits will impact her as a judge.
When Trump brings up the same traits it is racist.

It is a double standard.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Trump is not a non-elected official. He is the presumptive nominee for a major political party and could one day be POTUS. He has jumped from private citizen to representing private citizens via the nominee of a major political party. As the party presumptive nominee, at this point, national issues and party platform should be his focus (as they usually are).

Instead, because he is the pn, he is using his position in our political system to put pressure on a personal, private citizen case he is involved in:

"I'm building a wall. It's an inherent conflict of interest."....because he says the judge is "Mexican" or "sympathetic" to Mexico.

If he were not the pn, he could not use that as a reason to excuse the judge. He would not potentially be building a wall. Building a wall would have no bearing in his court case. He is interjecting that into his court case, precisely because he is a pn.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, when someone quotes Sotomayor saying "Sure, get that Irish bastage in here in front of me, I'm going to throw the book at 'em and bring that Jehovah's Witness in here too. We gonna serve up some "JUSTICE" today ..."

That might be a bit comparable to Donald J. Trump's whining pleas for special treatment.

A bit. Sotomayor would still do it with more class.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Let's see. Let's paraphrase some more.....

Sotomayor: "My background (ethnicity) and life experiences (gender) will inform my judgements."

Trump: "My background (business) and life experiences (business) will inform my judgements."

Wow, they are saying the same thing but one uses race and gender, the other one doesn't. The one who uses race and gender is the one with the chip on their shoulder who will 'make sure' things are equal.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

He is not even the nominee. He is a non-elected official.

He is using a personal experience to show that there could be bias based on race and what he said about illegal immigration since the sitting judge has helped 'illegals' quite often. This is not even a stretch to connect the dots.

Next, I still find it funny and no one has responded that Trump calls him Mexican and he is racist. Jack offs in the streets in CA are attacking Trump supporters calling themselves Mexicans and that is just protesting. The double standard is so think nothing can get through anymore.

His court case is also long standing and his guy has been ruling crazily even before he ran. Do you really think after the comments Trump made about the wall, with what the Judge supports, there is no bias? I wish I could say there was not but there is. A lot of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think Trump had a good point in saying that the judge would not be unbiased. It wouldn't be the first time that a criminal or civil action was decided by race more than facts: OJ Simpson for example. Would he have won if the majority of the jury had been anything other than black? I doubt it.

The judge's parents were from Mexico. Trump wants to build a wall at the Mexico border. He is not wrong to suspect that this judge may hold that against him, whether the judge realizes he is doing it or not. There can be no proof, only opinion.

I doubt that saying it publicly will help Trump in any way. But I doubt it will derail his campaign either. What he said is nothing compared to what hillary has done and continues to do. If it doesn't stop her in her tracks, it won't stop Trump either. Its all noise and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Do you really think after the comments Trump made about the wall, with what the Judge supports, there is no bias? I wish I could say there was not but there is. A lot of it.

Who's fault is that? Perhaps Trump shouldn't run his mouth so much. You reap what you sow.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Even Obama was worried and tried to put it into context as well as the WH Spokeperson.

www.youtube.com...

They thought it was racist as well.

Just like they say show in her work how she is...fair...not to the New Haven Fire Department

Look into the New Haven 20. She was an appealate judge then....

www.npr.org...

Yeah, She voted to deny 20 people including a Hispanic because the test was racist because no blacks passed...no agenda here...move along..move along...

edit on 06pm30pmf0000002016-06-07T15:35:32-05:000332 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Do you really think after the comments Trump made about the wall, with what the Judge supports, there is no bias? I wish I could say there was not but there is. A lot of it.

Who's fault is that? Perhaps Trump shouldn't run his mouth so much. You reap what you sow.

It sounds like you are justifying a bias on the part of the judge. I hope you reconsider that position. A "justified" bias can be placed against you just as easily...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: olaru12

According to Trump supporters Trump has never said a single racist thing and absolutely does not cause chaos so these aides must be lying!

According to liberals and the media, EVERYTHING Trump says causes chaos, and is racist.

Are you actually closing your eyes and humming nanananana????

This isn't just Liberals...It's people who have been trying very hard to support him like Paul Ryan, Newt Gingrich et al. It's the actual leader of the GOP having to denounce Donald trump...it isn't just mainstream...it is both people like Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney as well as people like Glenn Beck, and right wing radio hosts...

It is just amazing the crazy retorts that start with "those liberals"...or the "establishment"...those calling trump on his BS span the political spectrum.

But it all starts with liberals, because their opinions are more important and take priority in the media and elsewhere.

And in the "your nominee might be a racist when" category...

Paul Ryan, GOP Leader of the House of Representatives describes Trumps comments as..""the textbook definition of a racist."
www.cnn.com...

edit on 7-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

pretty much everyone who is up for election this year is going to have to distance themselves from trump

Republican Sen. Mark Kirk said Tuesday that Donald Trump "does not have the temperament" to hold the job of president, saying he "cannot and will not support" the presumptive GOP presidential nominee. It was sharp criticism from an incumbent who had previously insisted he would support the GOP nominee. The Illinois Republican, who faces a tough challenge this November from Illinois Democratic Rep. Tammy Duckworth, tweeted Tuesday that based on his background in the military, he does not have faith in Trump to lead.

"Given my military experience, Donald Trump does not have the temperament to command our military or our nuclear arsenal," Kirk wrote. Given my military experience, Donald Trump does not have the temperament to command our military or our nuclear arsenal. — Mark Kirk (@MarkKirk) June 7, 2016

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Go back and listen. These are politicians and lawyers. Ryan did not even address what Trump said.

"Claiming a person cannot do their job because of their race because of their race..."

Trump did not say that. He said that a judge of Mexican heritage may 'not be fair' based on his comments on illegal immigration of late as well as the connections to the Clinton Foundation.

Finally, racism is about superiority. I guess some forget that. He did not say he was better. He is stating that there could be a conflict of interest.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

and those people will lose....

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

defending trump must be exhausting. Do you think his real goal is to hand hillary the election and ruin the GOP ?

he was a registered democrat for many years and gave hillary and bill money

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Go back and listen. These are politicians and lawyers. Ryan did not even address what Trump said.

"Claiming a person cannot do their job because of their race because of their race..."

Trump did not say that. He said that a judge of Mexican heritage may 'not be fair' based on his comments on illegal immigration of late as well as the connections to the Clinton Foundation.

Finally, racism is about superiority. I guess some forget that. He did not say he was better. He is stating that there could be a conflict of interest.

Indeed - and also Mexican is not a race. It like calling someone racist if they say they don't trust Americans to be fair.
The reality of the world is often lost on people trying to drive an agenda or narrative - hence the race card is being held up again.
edit on 7/6/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And just maybe Trump should not have run for POTUS, knowing he had court cases up the wazoo. Even before he was the GOP presumptive nominee, he brought the case up in Feb at an Arkansas rally. It may be that now, only now, fellow Republicans are finally finding their backbone (their "off-ramp" as Lindsey Graham said) and renouncing him.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: matafuchs

Indeed - and also Mexican is not a race. It like calling someone racist if they say they don't trust Americans to be fair.

Wow..um...Justice Curiel IS AN AMERICAN..born in Indiana...So Trump repeatedly calling him "a Mexican" and saying that disqualifies him as a Judge is EXACTLY the definition of racism.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
holy cow lindsay graham is piling on !!!!!

Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, another former primary rival of Mr. Trump’s, urged Republicans who have backed Mr. Trump to rescind their endorsements, citing the remarks about Judge Curiel and Mr. Trump’s expression of doubt on Sunday that a Muslim judge could remain neutral in the same lawsuit, given Mr. Trump’s proposed ban on Muslim noncitizens entering the country.

“This is the most un-American thing from a politician since Joe McCarthy,” Mr. Graham said. “If anybody was looking for an off-ramp, this is probably it,” he added. “There’ll come a time when the love of country will trump hatred of Hillary.”

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

No, it is invigorating. He gave lots of people money. So what. Reagan was a Democrat. I have said this many times...this is what I feel happened.

2016 election was supposed to be Bush/Clinton. Rubio was tapped for VP. once Bush was ready to be the presumptive the DOJ/FBI files would be dropped, HIllary would tank and the GOP would walk in. It is a GOP year. Look at history. It goes in cycles. You have to be able to blame the other party in previously to push agenda.

Now, what happened is that Trump showed up to the party and started a collective # storm that no one was expecting. They thought they could get rid of him and 300 million in ads later he clinched before California.

Right now, the powers that be have no idea what to do and what I like is that Trump has them by the short hairs. No matter what the MSM wants to show, this November, people will turn out in record numbers like 08 but not for the DNC. It is time for the GOP to take a term or two.

and Lindsey Graham..time for him to find drag night at a new bar that dude lays on the makeup so thick. No one cares what he or Romney is saying. They are losers....sore ones at that. You can see it in his actions....
edit on 06pm30pmf0000002016-06-07T16:32:38-05:000438 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

have you read the news today ?

trump has himself by the shorthairs, lol

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join