It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s racist attacks are creating chaos — and even his own campaign is sick of it

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: TheBulk

Exactly.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Excerpt from a article written by :

Alberto R. Gonzales served as White House counsel and U.S. attorney general in the George W. Bush administration. He is the dean and Doyle Rogers Distinguished Professor of law at Belmont University College of Law in Nashville, Tenn. Follow @argonzales

But there may be other factors to consider in determining whether Trump’s concerns about getting an impartial trial are reasonable. Curiel is, reportedly, a member of a group called La Raza Lawyers of San Diego. Trump’s aides, meanwhile, have indicated that they believe Curiel is a member of the National Council of La Raza, a vocal advocacy organization that has vigorously condemned Trump and his views on immigration. The two groups are unaffiliated, and Curiel is not a member of NCLR. But Trump may be concerned that the lawyers’ association or its members represent or support the other advocacy organization.

Coupled with that question is the fact that in 2014, when he certified the class-action lawsuit against Trump, Curiel appointed the Robbins Geller law firm to represent plaintiffs. Robbins Geller has paid $675,000 in speaking fees since 2009 to Trump’s likely opponent, Hillary Clinton, and to her husband, former president Bill Clinton. Curiel appointed the firm in the case before Trump entered the presidential race, but again, it might not be unreasonable for a defendant in Trump’s position to wonder who Curiel favors in the presidential election. These circumstances, while not necessarily conclusive, at least raise a legitimate question to be considered. Regardless of the way Trump has gone about raising his concerns over whether he’s getting a fair trial, none of us should dismiss those concerns out of hand without carefully examining how a defendant in his position might perceive them — and we certainly should not dismiss them for partisan political reasons.

Trump did nothing wrong pointing out that he does not trust this particular judge because of his alleged affiliations.

He is only recently claiming the La Raza thing...and Justice Curiel belongs to the Hispanic lawyers association "La Raza"...not the boogie man group the right wing has been building. Even conservative Justices have explained they are not associated with one another and Trump is dangerously out of line. I googled and 15 restuarants that include the word "La Raza" within 50 miles of me....Get over it.

Trumps original attack was "He is Mexican"...cuz his parents were immigrants and Curiel was born in Indiana.

He doubled down by saying he would also question "Muslim Justices"...

Trying to legitimize his racist words with logic fails...but of course it's a free country and you are welcome to try.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: everyone

So, Trump’s aides indicated that they believe Curiel is a member of the National Council of La Raza... No proof, no facts. They just indicated that they believe something... They are wrong, by the way, as has been proven.

Not a strong position.

And has been pointed out a dozen times now, He is in fact a member of a racially exclusive lawyers group called "The Race", which shares both a name and objectives with the National Council of La Raza.

Yes she is full of it. I just asked and waited because she took a chance and tried to spin it with the claim that is has been disproven. Which if it were true she would have linked, copy pasted and quoted it in bold with some sort of snarky remark.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

So, Trump’s aides indicated that they believe Curiel is a member of the National Council of La Raza... No proof, no facts. They just indicated that they believe something... They are wrong, by the way, as has been proven.

Not a strong position.

And has been pointed out a dozen times now, He is in fact a member of a racially exclusive lawyers group called "The Race", which shares both a name and objectives with the National Council of La Raza.

Nope...You are demonizing an American Hero...

Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger

Schwarzenegger in 2006 appointed Curiel to his first judicial post, as a Superior Court judge. On Monday the action star-turned-politician -- and Trump's successor heading "Celebrity Apprentice" -- tweeted his dismay about Curiel's treatment by the presumptive Republican nominee, harkening back to the judge's days as a federal prosecutor.

"Judge Curiel is an American hero who stood up to the Mexican cartels. I was proud to appoint him when I was Gov."
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

and Justice Curiel belongs to the Hispanic lawyers association "La Raza"...not the boogie man group the right wing has been building.

I laughed so hard my side hurts.

So, he is only part of a Mexican lawyers association that is called "La Raza". A Mexican lawyers association that is called "The Race" which just so happens to be the name of a racist Mexican hate group. And on top of that all, just in case that when it turns out that they are exactly the same thing you already created a cover for it by claiming that this group was created by the right anyway.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 07 Jun 2016 11:08:53 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: fixed quote

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Not a strong position.

Annee , still would love to see this irrefutable proof.
It is really taking you long to try and google something up. I doubt you will come back with anything that will stick to that claim.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 07 Jun 2016 11:11:49 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

and Justice Curiel belongs to the Hispanic lawyers association "La Raza"...not the boogie man group the right wing has been building.

So, he is only part of a Mexican lawyers association that is called "La Raza". A Mexican lawyers association that is called "The Race" which just so happens to be the name of a racist Mexican hate group. And on top of that all, just in case that when it turns out that they are exactly the same thing you already created a cover for it by claiming that this group was created by the right anyway.

By the logic employed here, since Judge Curiel is a member of an Association, which means the same thing as a League of course, and we all know about the League of Women Voters, well, this proves that the judge is actually a woman.

QED(BS)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So, he is only part of a Mexican lawyers association that is called "La Raza". A Mexican lawyers association that is called "The Race" which just so happens to be the name of a racist Mexican hate group.

Holy Sh87...How dense do you have to ?pretend? to be???

"La Raza" also means "The People"...it is a softer word than the insane right has tried to play it as...

For effs sake...google any city..Lets try Trumps hometown

La Raza Tex Mex
Taqueria La Raza
La Taza de Oro
La Raza Bar Restaurant - Jackson Heights, New York - Fast Food ...
La Raza Restaurant in Hempstead, New York

And a gazillion more, are these hate groups?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

La Raza - La Raza (meaning , The Race,The name of a Mexican hate group and "The Race" as a name of a Mexican lawyers association)
Which is why trump has expressed suspicion and concern. Makes a lot of sense even to Mexicans as i have shown you. You however do not make any.

Equating the above according to your way of reasoning that is as follows :

Association=League = League of Women Voters.

Yep..

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yep it is nothing new, You just fail to understand context and the implications there off. I ,most others here not blinded ignorance and Alberto R. Gonzalez. do not fail to understand those.

now, where is this irrefutable proof that was claimed to exist that has already proven that this judge is not tied to this group. Still waiting.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 07 Jun 2016 11:26:47 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

La Raza - La Raza (meaning , The Race,The name of a Mexican hate group and "The Race" as a name of a Mexican lawyers association)
Which is why trump has expressed suspicion and concern. Makes a lot of sense even to Mexicans as i have shown you. You however do not make any.

Equating the above according to your way of reasoning that is as follows :

Association=League = League of Women Voters.

Yep..

The National Council of La Raza is not a hate group. I don't doubt that you believe that, but it's just not true.

The phrase "la raza" in Spanish just as accurately translates into English as "the People" and further:

la raza [lah-rah-sah] noun, ( sometimes initial capital letters) Spanish. 1. (used with a plural verb) Mexican Americans collectively. 2. (used with a singular verb) Mexican-American culture.

Source: Dictionary.com

So, your logic that Judge Curiel is a member of a hate group makes even less sense than that he is actually a woman ... which is of course, patently ridiculous.
edit on 7-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jimbo999

Different LaRaza is what I've heard. Not the hate group. Spin spin spin.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What does the term “La Raza” mean?

The term “La Raza” has its origins in early 20th century Latin American literature and translates into English most closely as “the people” or, according to some scholars, “the Hispanic people of the New World.” The term was coined by Mexican scholar José Vasconcelos to reflect the fact that the people of Latin America are a mixture of many of the world’s races, cultures, and religions. Some people have mistranslated “La Raza” to mean “the race,” implying that it is a term meant to exclude others. In fact, the full term coined by Vasconcelos, “la raza cósmica,” meaning “the cosmic people,” was developed to reflect not purity but the mixture inherent in the Hispanic people. This is an inclusive concept, meaning that Hispanics share with all other peoples of the world a common heritage and destiny.

Believe it or not - you are included in La Raza

Enjoy

:-)

eta: Still not the Lawyers group - but still, not bad. Check it out
edit on 6/7/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Different LaRaza is what I've heard. Not the hate group. Spin spin spin.

The National Council of La Raza is not a hate group. They stand up for Mexican American and Latino concerns and civil rights.

Of course, in some folk's eyes, that makes them a hate group, but I would guess that when one is looking at the world through a filter of hate, many things look that way.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Is what you heard. Is what you say.

Other people have heard other things which is why this needs to be investigated as requested by trump. Because just the risk that a judge is implicated in such matters and appointed to be the judge over the case of someone like trump is indeed a very serious matter. This would also go for you if you where to find yourself in a court situation.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

This AMERICAN BORN AMERICAN JUDGE is known for his work against the drug cartels of Mexico. He is known to be fair and balanced. Trump is just cryin because he wants his way. The spoiled brat man child that he is.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

This AMERICAN BORN AMERICAN JUDGE is known for his work against the drug cartels of Mexico. He is known to be fair and balanced. Trump is just cryin because he wants his way. The spoiled brat man child that he is.

Who was a child of illegal immigrant parents. Also , this:

Mr. Gonzalez brought up the fact that in 2014, when he certified the class-action lawsuit against Trump, Curiel appointed the Robbins Geller law firm to represent plaintiffs. Robbins Geller has paid $675,000 in speaking fees since 2009 to Trump’s likely opponent, Hillary Clinton, and to her husband, former president Bill Clinton. Curiel appointed the firm in the case before Trump entered the presidential race, but again, it might not be unreasonable for a defendant in Trump’s position to wonder who Curiel favors in the presidential election.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 07 Jun 2016 11:40:04 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It's education time.

Reuters

Some Trump supporters have incorrectly linked La Raza Lawyers to the National Council of La Raza, a 50-year-old civil rights group that has been strongly critical of Trump's proposals on immigration, as well as his idea to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States.

The NCLR's non-profit designation bars it from engaging in political campaigns, and the group's website describes it as a "nonpartisan voice for Latinos."

Trump followers are fooled by his lies.

From the legal website of La Raza:

Many people incorrectly translate the name, “La Raza,” as “the race.” While it is true that one meaning of “raza” in Spanish is indeed “race,” in Spanish, as in English and any other language, words can and do have multiple meanings. As noted in several online dictionaries, “La Raza” means “the people” or “the community.”

Translating our name as “the race” is not only inaccurate, it is factually incorrect. “Hispanic” is an ethnicity, not a race. As anyone who has ever met a Dominican American, Mexican American, or Spanish American can attest, Hispanics can be and are members of any and all races.

Not that facts mean something to everyone...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He doesn't want blacks counting his money and he wants them out of sight when big wigs check into his hotels. Sounds to me like he's fully committed to white supremacy.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

And how is that proof according to you ? all you present here is them denying it. What did i prepare to be educated about. The accused denying allegations. So the accused can declare itself innocent according to you. I thought you said so convincingly that you had proof?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

He doesn't want blacks counting his money and he wants them out of sight when big wigs check into his hotels. Sounds to me like he's fully committed to white supremacy.

My father and therefor half my family is black and my black cousin Sayid is sitting right next to me at this moment. Disgusting racist comments you can keep to yourself

Well done you managed to make one of the filthiest most racist comment i have ever seen anywhere on ATS.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 07 Jun 2016 11:54:32 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join