It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the European Union allow the UK to leave?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
I'm a Brit who will be voting out!!

But no matter the results, we will never leave, this whole thing is just a bit of a circus to let the masses think they got a say in the matter

It seems like as time goes by, this post nearly three years ago is ringing true!

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I voted remain and I'm not as hopeful.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

This reminds me of the American colonies wanting to separate themselves from any British influence. Only now the British want to separate themselves from the European Union and they find it difficult to do?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

It's like the European Union is what Hitler wanted to do and the British are now figuring out they've been tricked into Hitler's European Union and they can't get out. The people voted and the so-called politicians are stalling.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

It's like the European Union is what Hitler wanted to do and the British are now figuring out they've been tricked into Hitler's European Union and they can't get out. The people voted and the so-called politicians are stalling.

The European Union is what the Nazis wanted to do? How exactly does that work? Last I checked there are dozens of languages being spoken in Europe, no one has abandoned their language, culture or political independence to become provinces of Germany. Have you even ever been to a EU Country to know anything about what you're talking about?

the so-called politicians

If politicians are so terrible why don't you become one and change the world?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: Thefarmer
I'm a Brit who will be voting out!!

But no matter the results, we will never leave, this whole thing is just a bit of a circus to let the masses think they got a say in the matter

It seems like as time goes by, this post nearly three years ago is ringing true!

I'm just glad my divorce didn't take as long!!

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I'm just glad my divorce didn't take as long!!

I'm sure the feeling was mutual

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
I'm a Brit and voting OUT.

Also see Pollstation online Poll - www.pollstation.uk...

The link is corrupted RP2, bad security cert, froze my machine completely.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

This reminds me of the American colonies wanting to separate themselves from any British influence. Only now the British want to separate themselves from the European Union and they find it difficult to do?

Yeah It's fascinating watching all this unfold overseas. I understand all the complications of the Irish Border, the trade deals and the overseas workers but as an American I feel they are all easily solved.

The Irish Border- Both England and Ireland have said they want no change to it.... so don't change it.

The Trade Deals - Use WTO Trade deals until after you leave when all the individual countries will come clamoring to make a deal. Right now the EU has the better bargaining chip because of the uncertainty. Once the UK Leaves, the UK has the better bargaining chip.

Overseas Workers- Again the EU and the UK have both said they want no change.... so don't change it.

Yes the Irish Border would create a loophole but so what? There are loop holes all over the world, the idea that their shouldn't be one is kind of silly. Here in America we are ONLY ONE COUNTRY... except that we are 50 states all with their own laws... oh also except that we have Native American Countries within our own country all operating independently... See? Loop holes exist and it's OK. Life is complicated, the idea that anything HAS to be black and white is ridiculous.

Same for the overseas workers, you create a new category of "Pre Brexit Workers"

Again, it's interesting to watch. As an American I know we would just leave, and it would be difficult but we would make it happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I am voting to stay myself. I have lived in other countries in Europe and have experience outside of the Islands and, after weighing all the issues that I believe are relevant and taking all of that into account, I can't see us benefitting more from leaving than staying.

That being said, if the UK public vote to leave, and that vote is in any way ignored, I will be the first in line with the absolutely massive protests that will take place.

If our votes mean anything, they must count, if not then time to change the system.

Been Reading a few of my older posts(specifically with Brexit) you made this statement BEFORE the Brexit Vote and said you'd fight for Brexit if the vote didn't go your way.

Just curious, if that is true now? Do you support Brexit and will you join a massive protest if the UK tries to stay in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join