It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Boy Wins All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Obviously not in this case or SHE would have come in 1st place every time. This isn't hard... 5th place means 4 people finished before her.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DupontDeux

I'd tell the girls that finished after HER, that her being born with a penis didn't stop girls born with vaginas from beating her.

Then let's remove Boys and Girls and just have Field and Track.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I'd tell the girls that finished after HER, that her being born with a penis didn't stop girls born with vaginas from beating her.

So in a world where male athletes already earn more than female, what do you then tell the girls when millions upon millions in prize money in professional sports starts to consistently go to "girls without vaginas"?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Obviously not in this case or SHE would have come in 1st place every time. This isn't hard... 5th place means 4 people finished before her.

And where would he have placed with the same times on male field and track? So someone who can't compete with other males can switch "teams" and be a top competitor and get scholarships. You find that "fair"?

Women compete at about 90% of the level that men compete at.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In 2012 100m dash the top 7 men all beat the top women. So what happens when women without vaginas win all the gold medals?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
We should abolish mens and womens differences in sports.

We've made bathrooms unisex, why not sports?

If the ladies can't handle it, then tough.

Equality.

Not "separate but equal".

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In the 100m bakstroke the top 42 men all beat the top woman.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Equality.

We are all the same, gender's do not exist. Let's do it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Equality.

We are all the same, gender's do not exist. Let's do it.

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: Profusion

It should not be allowed.

And more importantly, the athlete should not want to.
It is simply unsportsmanlike.

And to me at least, unsportsmanlike behavior totally defeats the purpose of entering (amatour) competitions.

Tall people play basketball. Is that unsportsmanlike to short people? Everybody uses their different advantages to gain victory over others. Men and women are now defined to be equal, so we can no longer object to them competing in the same arenas, whether business or sports, or war or peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am trying to be polite here, so whatever. The young athlete doesn't have to have a virgina to be one. He, she,or it ( choose the pronoun that fits) should be ashamed. I'm just saying. If he hasn't had the surgery he's a guy playing in a girls league, get it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No wonder he thinks her is a girl. What guy would be happy with being regularly out raced by several girls.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That's what I was thinking. If being male is such an advantage then she should have came in first right???

Obviously there were other natural females on the track who she couldn't beat so maybe the other complainers are just slow and lazy and need to up their game instead.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Kali74

That's what I was thinking. If being male is such an advantage then she should have came in first right???

Obviously there were other natural females on the track who she couldn't beat so maybe the other complainers are just slow and lazy and need to up their game instead.

Please think about that statement a bit more, realize why it's completely illogical, and then correct it. If you are actually unable to see the problem I will point it out.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I in no way want to look at this as some politically correct battle or philosophical/religious problem but sport is about real competition. Maybe this is a call for a different way to make classes in sport? Maybe something based on muscle mass or testosterone levels? Drug tested of course. Although I'm sure there'd be someone calling that out because many trans people are on some kind of hormone program. Eh, there's plenty of drug tested sports that are hardly drug free.

I'm all for true competition and I'd love to see a great battle but it's really sad to see any person/team destroying an obviously weaker opponent. That goes against the whole spirit of sports.
edit on 6/5/2016 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

A skeleton's overall size and sturdiness give some clues. Within the same population, males tend to have larger, more robust bones and joint surfaces, and more bone development at muscle attachment sites. However, the pelvis is the best sex-related skeletal indicator, because of distinct features adapted for childbearing. The skull also has features that can indicate sex, though slightly less reliably.

Sex-related skeletal features are not obvious in children's bones. Subtle differences are detectable, but they become more defined following puberty and sexual maturation.

anthropology.si.edu

I highlight this because our bones and muscles are very different between men and woman men have stronger muscles and more robust bones, chemically castrating male children until they are lead into adulthood will make these male features more like females making the body and mind weaker in my opinion, I do not see this as good.

This applies to sports, natural roles (in an unnatural world) and the mind, as we move farther away from what we are, we are moving farther away from what we can be. I really do believe men and woman should have things they compete together in for sport but I also believe there are things that we should not, especially as children I think it is always cool when the boys and girls in the neighborhood play soccer and baseball together, they do it in the parking lot in front of the house and once in awhile I can watch them play together it is awesome to see them play together and against each other when they are doing it on their own.

Then again I also can understand a girls field hockey team being pissed if a bunch of dudes force their way in to play (I know a bit extreme but follow for a sec) that it is also from my childhood experience being in certain sports I find it is more like a bonding experience between people that are of the same age that identify with the same gender and gender roles they perceive. Just wait when fist fights occur between boys and girls then there's going to be a problem right? I say wrong if people support this gender blending activity, in the end it really comes down to the media ques that sell, they sell because they are in-inescapably human, SEX & VIOLENCE

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe it is time to setup the system so that at a certain age a person declares their sexual orientation. After that, no do overs.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think the only possible way a transgender female would be able to compete in a women's league, is if a doctor had approved it.

And only if that doctor was able to show that the transgender met the requirements that were set out by a professional medical team.

The requirements would be based on the fact that the transgender's transition has stopped all "advantages" that males would have.

Thats what I would consider fair.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I highlight this because our bones and muscles are very different between men and woman men have stronger muscles and more robust bones, chemically castrating male children until they are lead into adulthood will make these male features more like females making the body and mind weaker in my opinion, I do not see this as good.

You do know the Olympics allows transgender athletes, right?

I suggest researching how the body changes when a male to female transgender has taken hormones over a length of time.

You seem to be someone who wants to be informed with facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Honestly, actual transgender in sports shouldn't matter.
All second-rate male athletes need to do to compete and win against women is to say they self-identify as women...or state that they are simply confused as to their gender.

Imagine the athletic scholarship potential men can now freely access.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join