It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Boy Wins All-State Honors In Girls Track And Field

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: Profusion
Heck, the East German Olympic teams got away with it.
Is this, then, an anti-German thread?
I, for one, am offended!

Old joke. South Park has already been there.

Oh, the joke's a LOT older than South Park!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Reminds me of the transgender MMA fighter that fights in all-female leagues and is currently like 6-0 with all brutal knockouts in the first round.

Ronda Rousey refuses to fight him/her and UFC owner Dana White says he will never let transgender men fight women in his league because it's sadistic and borderlines domestic violence.

Of course the SJW's are defending this insanity. If your born a male then you have everything that comes with being born a male, higher bone density, increased muscle mass etc. When it comes to professional sports the line should be drawn.

edit on 6-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

World record holding women runners are at %90 performance of male record holders..that's enough for me to say women cannot always fairly compete, or a male has a verifiable advantage.
I draw the line at genetic males competing in womens sports like running, MMA..etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Kind of puts a halt to that theory of equality, doesn't it? 1 guy vs. all the girls...and wins? No one sees the irony in that?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DupontDeux

You want to keep pretending that anyone can just simply say they are this or that gender.

Isn't that what early stage transgender people do? People in glass houses and what not...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DupontDeux

I'd tell the girls that finished after HER, that her being born with a penis didn't stop girls born with vaginas from beating her.

Maybe this fool just didn't train hard enough.

I guess any boy can now compete against the girls, soon, this means, no girls will ever win again.

They will be happy you told them that, for in about 2 years ZERO girls will be winning if we allow every boy around who THINKS he is a girl to compete solely against them.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

And that's what needs to happen to bring this PC silliness full circle. Colleges are now abandoning gender identification on applications. Thus, we should be approaching the end of Title IX in the US. There will be no "male" and "female" team, just a team. Generally, young women will not be able to compete with the physicality of a young man. Teams will be essentially all male, but will not identify as "male", because that's genderist. Hah. This is what they wanted, and now they're going to get it.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hmm, I thought competition was illegal these days.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
WTF make it stop, make it stop. This whole controversy imo exists to distract people. If you were born a man but look and live like a woman it's no one's business were you pee and vise versa for females that look and live like men. That "girl" technically is NOT FEMALE and that is fine but when you have a sporting event for females unless you're a female genetically then what the hell are you doing competing against women? The girls probaly don't see this male athlete as a girl because, well? I just don't get it. People should be able to be what they want but for me this has gotten out of hand. I just don't understand gender reassignment. If your male and you're attracted to Males imo you can't help that, you don't choose attraction but changing your sex? You can't really. You can look like the opposite sex with surgeries and hormones but sadly no matter how far you go you have not technically changed your sex, you've immitated the opposite sex. And hey people should be able to do what they want but I just see a big flaw in the thinking. No offense intended to anyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ravnios

one simply dies not link download files to ATS - with no context or description

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

I guess any boy can now compete against the girls, soon, this means, no girls will ever win again.

There are many girls who never win against other girls. They have no chance either.

It's has little to do with differing genitalia.

People need to be treated as "individuals". Not "labels". We love to label people, black, white, gay, straight, boy, girl, or whatever. But, they are still "individuals" within these groups. The fact that some of these "individuals" can't do something, doesn't mean other "individuals" in the same group also can't do these things.

Statistics are used to justify the labels. But, statistics represent the average, and deny all those beyond the average the right to individual consideration.

Even in medical science, all medicine is prescribed based on "statistics" obtained from clinical trials. Then, some people take the medicine and it kills them, because they are individuals, who didn't match the average criteria.

So, now modern medicine is looking more closely at each person's DNA. Medicine of the future will be tailored to you the individual, and not to some "average" expected person.

That's the whole problem here. Some people still feel it is right to deny others something based on statistics and labels.

We are not statistics. Each individual is unique. If there's a sport, that requires some particular physical attribute, like "long arms", then let the individuals qualify based on the "long arms" required for the sport, and not some other label used just because the "average" of some group have "long arms".

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

what utter bollox

at every level of atthletics * [ track and feild ] there is no event where the womens record beats the mens .

for a given age group - ie under 15s , under 21s , adult , over 50 etc etc , or in a weight category - ie 55 @65 kg

these are all events where strength and stamina [ or some combination ] are required

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Based upon the statistical analysis of averages in this thread, your "individual" lack of common sense labels you the lowest common denominator.

Get. Real.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, it's not illogical. You're saying that since she was born a he that she shouldn't be competing against natural born girls because it's not fair.

But if that was the case then she that was born a he wouldn't have come in 3rd and 5th. Because coming in 3rd and 5th means other natural born girls still beat her/him.

If being born a boy isn't fair to the girls in competing then why did other natural born girls still win???

The question is whether or not being MALE allowed him to place higher against a field of FEMALES than he would have placed against a field of MALES.

If what I've read is correct about him being pre-op, pre-hormone, then the answer is undoubtedly YES.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what utter bollox

at every level of atthletics * [ track and feild ] there is no event where the womens record beats the mens .

for a given age group - ie under 15s , under 21s , adult , over 50 etc etc , or in a weight category - ie 55 @65 kg

these are all events where strength and stamina [ or some combination ] are required

Here again the main point is missed. People are individuals. Some men can compete in the women's sports and still lose. Why should these men be forced to compete with other men? Why play any game where you know you'll lose?
Some people participate for the fun, for exercise, for the challenge, only one person can win. Why deny anyone the opportunity to participate in a way that gives them a chance to win?

We no longer separate Black athletes from White athletes, even though the black physique is proven better in some sports than the white physique. Some white men still beat the black guys out in the field. Every race is different, and the stars of the sport don't appear in every event. There are lots of opportunities for women to win in men's sport events, because the world's fastest and best suited individuals aren't always there in every game.

Every competition is an unique event. Girls can and have beaten boys, and visa versa. There are no standard rules that apply all the time, everywhere, in all events.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kngfc

Based upon the statistical analysis of averages in this thread, your "individual" lack of common sense labels you the lowest common denominator.

Get. Real.

That's perfectly ok, "I STILL GET TO PLAY!"

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

you are clearly delusional .

and to demonstrate this - we shall use the results of the 100m sprint from the :

2009 World Championships in Athletics

this meeting was selected simply because it came up on google page one

source ( mens results )

source ( womens results )

the wining female was :

Shelly-Ann Fraser - a jamacian who set a jamacian [ womens ] national record with a time of 10.73

now just to demonstrate the absurdity of your delusio - we shall skip all the finalists and semi finalists , from the mens 100m

and go to quater finals - to find :

Simon Magakwe of south africa who - with a time of 10.71 was ranked 38 in the mens event

i shall let that sink in

IF mr Magakwe had told the world he was a woman - he would have been the female gold medalist

that is why your assertions are utter twaddle

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

We no longer separate Black athletes from White athletes, even though the black physique is proven better in some sports than the white physique. Some white men still beat the black guys out in the field. Every race is different, and the stars of the sport don't appear in every event. There are lots of opportunities for women to win in men's sport events, because the world's fastest and best-suited individuals aren't always there in every game.

This is not a matter of race, it is a matter of gender. I will use your avatar as an example: do you know how they can tell male from female pharaohs? Skeletal structure. Women are smaller, more finely boned (80% of hip fractures occur in women), the pelvis is shaped differently etc. If you are able to look at tendons, muscle composition/mass, the size of heart and such, the male vs female differences are numerous.

Thus, you either remove ALL gender parameters from sports, or you keep them in place and enforce them. Pretending that males and females can compete (physically) equally ejects you to the kids' table.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: kngfc

Get. Real.

That's perfectly ok, "I STILL GET TO PLAY!"

If running around in circles claiming gender shouldn't exist is your way of playing, have fun out there kiddo.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join