It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Johns Hopkins Chief of Psychiatry Says Trans Movement is “Collaborating with Madness”

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Let me say that I support a sliding scale on ALL human characteristics, physical, metal, gender, sexual, etc.

ALL SHADES OF GRAY. Acceptance is the first step to understanding.

Each transgender person is an individual. One does not fit all.

Each has to find their own "normal". It's their journey. Not yours.

1% of the 1% might fluctuate? So, slam the door on everyone? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: flyingfish

Sho nuff!

Equally so, the recent hammering of the issue into all reaches of media & mind... what else to take it as other than it being shoved down everyone's throats?!

Kindergarten kids need to be contemplating this stuff?

The media loves dirty laundry and as long as people pretend it's a problem knowing the person in the stall next to them has potentially different genitals. Then ya! the media gonna sell that sh#t.
Like I said.. Mind your own, no one cares, neither will the media.
edit on fTuesday165965f590205 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There are very few quantities and even fewer qualities in the universe that have a one-to-one relationship with each other.

The number of variables directly influences the reality of any "simple" statement.

(In other words, I agree, LOL.)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

There are very few quantities and even fewer qualities in the universe that have a one-to-one relationship with each other.

The number of variables directly influences the reality of any "simple" statement.

(In other words, I agree, LOL.)

Thanks, and I agree with you.

I only focused it on transgender because of the thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yah they are already workin on the pediphilia and everyone said that would never happen. As an interesting side note for everyone according to Dan Nelson who pioneered hyperphysics which probably no one here has ever heard about, memory is NOT stored in the brain but in the energy field around our bodies and this our memory is not our brain but we need the brain to process the memory field. I have thought for some time that the transgender thing can stem from past lives. Just a thought...since people were talking about the brain.

link   

To me you are looking for any excuse to reject transgenders - - and their desires to live their life normally as what's right for them.

Oh yeah logical discussion bring you to the conclusion that I am a hateful bigot because I disagree with you and you cannot provide even 1 source of information that rejects or refutes anything I've said over an entire thread.

No I have no problems with transgenders I couldn't care less but since this apparently a hot topic I've become interested in finding out the truth and injecting some truth into these threads.

Personally I think it will save a lot of lives if they really stop making emotionally based decisions and take the more scientific approach to this topic like they do with every other condition on the planet.

I think me realistic look at this paradigm is actually more beneficial than anything to be honest with you. At least I'm serious about finding out information and cutting through the bull#.

link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Dysphoria by definition...

a state of unease or generalized dissatisfaction with life.

nonconformity by definition...

failure or refusal to conform to a prevailing rule or practice.

Now let's look at the bottom part of that paper you quoted....

When it comes to access to care, many of the treatment options for this condition include counseling, cross-sex hormones, gender reassignment surgery, and social and legal transition to the desired 2 • Gender Dysphoria gender. To get insurance coverage for the medical treatments, individuals need a diagnosis. The Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders Work Group was concerned that removing the condition as a psychiatric diagnosis—as some had suggested—would jeopardize access to care. Part of removing stigma is about choosing the right words. Replacing “disorder” with “dysphoria” in the diagnostic label is not only more appropriate and consistent with familiar clinical sexology terminology, it also removes the connotation that the patient is “disordered.”

So by this part they recognize the NEED for psychiatric treatment (Because this is the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders we are talking about) and yet they don't want a "Stigma" about the word.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Maybe I'm old fashioned and naive, but encouraging sexual reassignment in children absolutely disgusts me. I am a woman (and happily so) and I grew up a tomboy with two brothers and their friends at our house all the time. Had my parents decided I should be a boy because I played baseball and football with the neighborhood kids instead of with my Barbie dolls, isn't that playing God? Studies quoted earlier in the thread stated transitioning was more successful before puberty. What sane adult, be it parent or doctor, has the right to do that? Let the kids just be kids for crying out loud.

And while I'm venting, why is this suddenly such an issue? Has the world's population suddenly decided they want new plumbing? It's like an epidemic...and usually that's due to the media (and those behind them who actually write the script) want this to be stage front. Like the other press darlings--zika, swine flu, bird flu, ebola that though serious and sometimes deadly never turned out to be quite as pandemic as predicted....are they trying to scare us?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: onequestion
According to the data produced from the brain image scans many transgendered people are neither dominantly male or female in brain structure would explain why so many transgendered people re transition.

I havent seen the full study, just the video and your comments on it.

But my impression was the hormones are in between.

While I thought the conventional knowledge is that as far as neuroscience its mostly our hormones that makes us all crazy girls or crazy boys.

From what I've been reading over the past few weeks is that male and female brains operate and respond different.

Female brains respond to stress more intuitively, female brains use more white matter and male brains use more grey matter making them better at different task.

The science is all available but people have "feelings" and apparently thats become more important.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

They want to distract us from the bull# thats going on in congress and in the markets.

Thats whats usually happening.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Let me say that I support a sliding scale on ALL human characteristics, physical, metal, gender, sexual, etc.

ALL SHADES OF GRAY. Acceptance is the first step to understanding.

Each transgender person is an individual. One does not fit all.

Each has to find their own "normal". It's their journey. Not yours.

1% of the 1% might fluctuate? So, slam the door on everyone? I don't think so.

Your just harping on this bull# that we are hateful when in fact we interested in the truth and not your emotional bias.

No one here has stated once that they have a problem with transgendered people. No one has stated once in this thread anything negative in that manner we discussing the facts about the biology and neurology of transgender people and everyone is just having emotionally bias or anecdotal debates about what amounts to personal experience.

Cut the crap.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

I recommend you glance through my post on throughout the last few pages I've presented a plethora of scientific information supporting my perspective.

They refuse to respond to any of because it doesn't support their agenda.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

To me you are looking for any excuse to reject transgenders - - and their desires to live their life normally as what's right for them.

Oh yeah logical discussion bring you to the conclusion that I am a hateful bigot because I disagree with you and you cannot provide even 1 source of information that rejects or refutes anything I've said over an entire thread.

I did not call you a Bigot. Why are you choosing that word for yourself?

A plethora of information, facts, links, and personal testimonies have been posted. It does get redundant.

No I have no problems with transgenders I couldn't care less but since this apparently a hot topic I've become interested in finding out the truth and injecting some truth into these threads.

I appreciate anyone being honest about wanting truth.

Which also means admitting when info is outdated, incomplete, taken out of context, not from a reliable source, etc.

Personally I think it will save a lot of lives if they really stop making emotionally based decisions and take the more scientific approach to this topic like they do with every other condition on the planet.

This not about someone claiming they saw a UFO.

This is about human beings. Personal experiences and struggles direct from the source shared on this site. Which you choose to reject in favor of some report.

I think me realistic look at this paradigm is actually more benefit

I don't think you're being realistic.

I do think you search for tidbits of negative aspects.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I don't think you're being realistic.

I do think you search for tidbits of negative aspects.

Yeah why don't you go ahead and intelligently sift through all of the literature I post and tell me how they are wrong because basically I'm parroting what the scientist say.

Go for it or cut the crap.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

No one encourages sexual reassignment in children.

Gender dysphoria is not the same thing as tom boy girls and sensitive boys. We are talking about children who INSIST that they are a different gender than their biological sex. They insist and persist for YEARS. If ignored long enough, they will become depressed, anxious, withdrawn. They refuse to participate in school or play with friends. They may even talk about suicide. Parents who ignore it long enough usually end up with runaways or dead kids. Parents who love their kids usually take them to psychologists who diagnose the gender dysphoria after extensive examinations.

This isn't like little Tommy picks up a doll and has his penis chopped off the very next day.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think you're right. I can't watch the news, even local, without a transgender story. It's like a weather update anymore.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: megabogie

I think you're right. I can't watch the news, even local, without a transgender story. It's like a weather update anymore.

I know it's the only reason I have even gotten involved before that I was totally ignoring it because I didnt think it was that important.

I might be used to seeing transgender people all the time from living in poor neighborhoods most of my life I dont know.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

LOL, you posted that the doctors should keep doing what they're doing! How is that a new perspective?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah they should keep treating mental disorders with medication.

I know, don't actually take any of the scientific literature I post and discuss that information personally attack me because that's really all you have to support your position while I have the science community supporting my perspective.
edit on 6/7/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think transgender is much more normal than homesexuality.

Just think about it.

A heterosexual man loves to see a woman's body.

When he looks at her, he feels erotic.

But, when he looks at himself in the mirror, he thinks to himself, his own body is kinda dull.

His prime desire is to get as close to the female body as he can. That thought arouses him.

What better way to keep that female body close, than having his own body transformed into female?

Now, whenever he checks himself out in the mirror, he totally enjoys what he sees.

I can imagine the man sitting down all day in front the mirror, just admiring the female form.

Seems normal to me.

new topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join