It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Golden Age of "UFOs" Ended

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

WINNER!! WINNER!!
Chicken Dinner!!

That was my point, they are imitating what we "Want" to see. Or think that we do. For some people that means they see what they 'think" is a craft and aliens. I am by no means saying those people are liars because I wasn't there, but given so many reports don't have any physical evidence this makes my theory lots more probable.

We as humans, are limited by our physical biology. IIRC Hiij from the skin walker thread here used an ultraviolet filter to look at his photo's and found lots of interesting stuff he didn't see at the time with his eyes. In the last couple of years it's been more common for Para-researchers to use different filters to look for more in their video's and photo's as well. It's a very old Psychic trick to use a pair of violet John Lennon glasses to TRAIN their brain to see aura's.

Back to our limitations.
It's fairly easy to play with our perceptions up to and including standing right in front of us because our brains generally don't see what they aren't expecting or conditioned to see. Take what we are calling telepathy for instance. The Cochlear implant is based on your brain LEARNING how to translate vibrations into speech bypassing the eardrum.

Some people either biologically have this skill, or brain adaptability so are mistaking a very real and semi-normal way of hearing for telepathy, or mindspeak, or clairaudience.

It's just another way of messing with your perceptions.
Just because I look into the woo doesn't mean leaving real science behind off in a dusty corner. LOL!!! Had to dig thru lots of very dry audiology PDF's & research.

For the most part Woo isn't unfathomable mumbo jumbo, we just have to dig in and find what may apply.

edited to add - Shamanic concoctions aren't necessary to see or experience the woo. That's been overdone as well, in fact most cultures forbid being altered as a condition of apprenticeship.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
UFO's are definitely A phenomenon, it can't be dismissed as there is too many collaborating reports. But Aliens? who knows. Unless our understanding of physics drastically changes then the chances of aliens visiting our planet would be literally astronomical.

To be sure, science has done such a good job at helping us define our situation in the vast, deadly universe that it's harder for us to use our imaginations to come up with space visitors from Mars and Venus, for instance.

And maybe it's this very inability to imagine that's keeping the strangers away. Because what is imagination, anyway? It's the ability to let your mind wander free of the way things "really" are and explore other potentialities -- to make energetic neural connections that result in moving things such as visions and music and other sensory experiences out of the realms of virtuality and into what we vaguely understand to be "real." Maybe that activity actually opens a door for these strange things to gain a kind of foothold in our reality, and acquire a bit of reality for themselves. Whether they're UFOs or demons or Bigfoot or ghosts.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thevirginiagent

Ok aside from Holy #, if you were living (or stationed) in Washington why were you at Bragg? Was this before you made the move to WA?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

I moved to Wa first. Why I felt compelled to drive down the I 5 and end up up on the Mendocino coast is a question I can't answer. As I said whatever was manipulating me is beyond my comprehension. Weird,fantastic things occurred. Something had attached itself to me. I will say it was a powerful feeling, like a drug of sorts. I had no sense of fear, it all seemed oddly natural. Instinctual if anything.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thevirginiagent

Hmmm, yeah friend I don't know what to tell you other than that non biological intelligent creatures exist on earth (experience is the best teacher) so I believe you but other than that? The older I get the weirder life becomes. You may want to try Hypnosis to try to make more sense of this kind of thing, I'd say PM if you ever want to divulge more weirdness and listen to my encounters but it's not Face Book so uh, good luck? 😐

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Yup. My thoughts exactly.

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

"Hypnosis" does occur.

Even "My" BTUFO tried something like that on me..
But as I live out of a 3rd sense of self, I noticed it immediately.

(it's hard to B.S. a B.S.er you know).

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

"Yoga" can take you every bit as far as "divine plants".

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

There are degrees of susceptibility to hypnosis. Some people are easier than others to put into a deep trance state.

Your experience seems to be one in which you maintained a level of awareness. A lesser mind may have just awoken to a flash of light as they return to "normality" and maybe never even realise the whole missing time element.
Alternatively, they could've spent a couple of days on another planet and be taught all kinds of strange things.
Maybe even eat those mysterious space pancakes!

Their actual message or whatever you want to call it may be in their subconsciounce working away unnoticed.

Good call above on the imagination comments. Imagination shouldn't really have limits but a smaller one may be easier to manipulate.
I'm sure I read somewhere that I you really can't imagine something, you become sort of "brain blind" as it were, that can't be good if you can't imagine a potential threat.

Evolutionarily speaking its probably a good idea to imagine big scary monsters in the dark. They may exist only in our imaginations but I wonder how many lives they've saved?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I agree that all of us are busy processing away on things in our subconscious, deposited there from various sources.

Sometimes we have choice.
Sometimes we have the illusion of it.
Sometimes we have no choice.

Its the way of things. For most beings I'd gues.

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Interesting view on the co opting of aboriginal observations about these "others" and one I share to an extent, but renaming to make things culturally recognizable is understandable, though I'm sure some cultural bias and condescending colonial views have some bearing on it.

But your post brought to mind an experience in the local Arizona mtns I had 25 years ago when in a group of ten nighttime hikers... we saw two ember red eyes watching us from atop a nearby stone dam. Once we realized no reflection was possible to make them shine as they were, one brave soul climbed the dam and approached the occasionally blinking red eyes.

He got to within 12 feet or so of them, froze, and then ran back towards us at top speed... creating a panic flight and all of us followed... as who wants to be left behind in the wilderness from something that sends an alpha male fleeing?

Anyway, he couldn't explain to us what happened or why he fled... in fact, he barely remembered the eyes at all and seemed "dazed" and when pressed, he fidgeted and started talking in tangents. The rest of the party promptly forgot the incident and I seem to be the only one who remembers it.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but... red eyes!

edit to add: and I went back two days later and investigated the area. The eyes were positioned about 3.5 feet from the ground and were around 5 inches apart, and about 2 inches across each... and were over a mud flat by the pond at the top of the dam, where bird and small lizard tracks were visible, but nothing else... and the brush was dense with thick tree limbs winding through and there is no way a human could easily enter and no sign of Puma, coyote or bear... and it hadn't rained in the interim, so a puzzler unless red eyed spirit things exist.

edit on 6/7/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

The only difference between a Orb hunter, a Ghost hunter, a UFO hunter, or for that matter a Bigfoot hunter , Shark or Dolphin caller, is "Primary Intent" Essentially they are all Woo hunters. I think it works something along the lines, that future reality is fairly well fixed, the likelihood of myself being approached by,and getting into a flying saucer on the way to the bus stop, is fairly remote. But if the future outcome has been assisted some time out from the event, with effort and intent. Then why cant an anomaly be generated in the immediate reality. Which is after all a fixed and only partially fluid lucid state, less so as most normal dream states. Then If it takes the more like minded people in the loop, the better.

I think its stronger in kids, and animals, and possibly the intellectually challenged,simply because they don't yet realise possibilities are limited . If reality is a type of lucid dream, then the more people in a certain geographical sector, it would tend to make , that sector, less subject to change, as it would have to average out to all the participants expectations. Like not much is going to happen at a Cup final. But as far as lonely moorland goes , the Woo can really get going.

Seeding the woo, would be achieved by suggestion, treating reality as a dream that has to have time to rearrange itself to effect a change. Much the same as we would suggest to ourselves that when we dream to night, we will be going to a party, or any such thing as would be desired. The fact that the dream, is environmentally self sustaining ,might suggest that what we consider reality is primarily a conscious effect . In all its various modes.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

So what was going on with the woo for the 3.5 billion years that life existed, but humans weren't here yet?

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Who said humans were that special, or even that woo needs humans. The chances that human life exists seems far fetched and remote, considering the various extinction events, so it might back up the theory. That the only thing with any possibility of enduring,is an illusion projected by consciousness.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I asked where the woo came from and what it was doing for those 3.5 billion years; that was my question. I never asked you about humans.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Interesting view on the co opting of aboriginal observations about these "others" and one I share to an extent, but renaming to make things culturally recognizable is understandable, though I'm sure some cultural bias and condescending colonial views have some bearing on it.

But your post brought to mind an experience in the local Arizona mtns I had 25 years ago when in a group of ten nighttime hikers... we saw two ember red eyes watching us from atop a nearby stone dam. Once we realized no reflection was possible to make them shine as they were, one brave soul climbed the dam and approached the occasionally blinking red eyes.

He got to within 12 feet or so of them, froze, and then ran back towards us at top speed... creating a panic flight and all of us followed... as who wants to be left behind in the wilderness from something that sends an alpha male fleeing?

Anyway, he couldn't explain to us what happened or why he fled... in fact, he barely remembered the eyes at all and seemed "dazed" and when pressed, he fidgeted and started talking in tangents. The rest of the party promptly forgot the incident and I seem to be the only one who remembers it.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but... red eyes!

edit to add: and I went back two days later and investigated the area. The eyes were positioned about 3.5 feet from the ground and were around 5 inches apart, and about 2 inches across each... and were over a mud flat by the pond at the top of the dam, where bird and small lizard tracks were visible, but nothing else... and the brush was dense with thick tree limbs winding through and there is no way a human could easily enter and no sign of Puma, coyote or bear... and it hadn't rained in the interim, so a puzzler unless red eyed spirit things exist.
My family has a history of all sorts of strange encounters and twenty years ago my brother woke up in the middle of the night and saw a black shadow figure of a man with red eyes standing in his doorway. The screams woke my Mom and I out of bed and we ran to his room and holy # he was freaked the hell out. I should mention that he was 18 or 19 at the time and a pretty hard core guy, so whatever he saw was bad news. But that's how it goes I suppose. Life seems normal until some interdimensional demonish peeping tom scares the bejeezus out of you for no other apparent reason than to be an A-hole.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In photos, UFO's look like they get more sophisticated over time. It makes me think it's technology that has just been improving with the times. If UFO's are some sort of living thing it could improve in the same way, I guess.

tl;dr maybe not cuz cell towers but cuz their stealth capabilities got gud over time.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
Well I agree that the "Golden Age of "UFOs"" has ended, and I have a theory as to why.

My theory is people are sick of hoaxed videos by groups like secureteam 10, or videos of balloons claiming they are UFO's.

Also the assumption that a UFO automagically means aliens.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't know.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I wasn't yanking your chain.

But you spoke so authoritatively about woo during this human era,
that it begged the question.

Kev