It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Golden Age of "UFOs" Ended

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This is an interesting discussion. Much closer to what I perceive as truth than most things I read. I was never a spiritual person or one who believed in woo. I was a Carl Sagan and Richard Dawkins deciple. Last August I moved from Northern Virginia to an island in the Puget sound and things got weird. I rented an apartment, started to settle in but wasn't sleeping well. Maybe 3 to 5 hours a night. Moving very franticly for no apparent reason. No sense of direction, as if something else was at the helm. Many odd interactions with people occurred unlike anything in my life prior.
One night in mid September I was sleeping and a lucid audio broadcast started, a speech of sorts, by a group that would be well known by most here. I had no notion of them prior. Suddenly I was face to face with a being above the earth aboard something and I lucidly jerked myself out of the dream, woke up and ran out of the house, looked strait up and saw what I could best describe as a large gravitational lense drifting south that suddenly accelerated and disappeared. I felt no fear. I felt as if I was remembering something I had forgotten and it overjoyed me. I had a # eating grin. I felt no urge to tell anyone about it. I kept it to myself instinctively.
I started going into Seattle, for reasons unknown again as if something was guiding me. I started walking great distances and interacting with desperate people. Buying them food,etc. This behavior was not in my character, I never gave a # before. Suddenly I felt a need to help the less fortunate. I had three tall guys that looked identitcal approach me at the space needle. One of them said lets take a picture with our brother, he's soo brave for just waking up and two of them posed with me. I said nothing as if it were normal, which it wasn't be assured. It was again as if I knew it would happen. Several other situations of similar weird # occurred some places were random others I was supposed to be at in downtown Seattle. All of this happened between September 16- 22.
Next thing I know I'm travelling south and end up in Mendocino, Ca. Why? I have no idea. Its as if I'm not in control of my own actions, a sort of intuition is running things. At one point while walking in Ft Bragg I see a humanoid being that is blue plasma with white eyes appear a 100 yards ahead of me that suddenly bolted and disappeared. Again not freaked out, if anything reassured. Later that day I end up at an L shaped house south of ft Bragg on a large piece of property on the coast that i felt I had been to before and that's where things got even weirder. I'll leave this here.I've rambled enough. Left enough details out, hard to articulate this. I definitely feel something is occurring that is well beyond ordinary human understanding. Why me, I have no idea. I'm just your run of the mill #in guy trying to make his way in the world. I've gone out of my way since returning from Ca to avoid this sort of #. Most of the time I succeed. I have no answers, just a ton of questions. My sense of reality has been kicked in the balls. I don't follow this intuition anymore, I avoid it like a plague. I had to share, needed to get out off my chest. Thanks
Bob

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: thevirginiagent

Thanks for sharing!

Altho I'd wager all our personal versions are different, in general the woo "seems" to lead you from place to place resulting in everyone having their own little mini-epic journeys/stories with it.

Tupla made valid points with "there's no point in reporting anything" Yeah to that! Just no real upside to it except that your report is there for other's looking to validate their own. I was re-reading the thread as all these last post's jumped off! LOL!!!

Back to cell phones and a lack of pictures.
This isn't my idea, but a good friends. He was quite matter of fact in that with the older 35 mil. camera's and film, along with the 8mm films you got better quality pictures simply because the new digital tech 'can" be easily messed with. By whatever you are taking the picture of.

It's electrical in nature, so is your cell phone camera.

Back in the day I was specifically happy my old vehicle was non-computerized anything, because that meant I could get in and out of places WITHOUT mechanical issues from anything I ran into. Once I was forced to upgrade this was no longer the case and my vehicles electrical system was played with. Fortunately in that instance altho all the warning lights were flashing and initially scary, the car was only had maybe 1/4 the higher tech so I was able to start it and leave.

What we think the problem is, is that despite what your eyes are telling you that you are seeing, the camera will see what is actually there. More complicated is as the camera is seeing what is there, it's zapping your equipment, or as it's altering your perceptions that electrical activity is also messing with your camera.

Take your pick.

Nonentity you also make great points in that what we're seeing is the soup 'd Jour of the day. Currently those are Orbs.

TerryMaguire also brought up the part about chasing this leads to rabbit holes and no where good. While in general I agree, I don't see passive tracking of it as being as problematic. It's the over-exposure to it, and our fixating on it obsessively that drives the "squirrelies". Plus don't underestimate "them" seeing they have a live one on the line. Games will be played just for their amusement. Till they get bored and cut you loose. Then the physical withdrawal happens and you go more nuts.

KPB is very correct in saying the woo-entities attach in physical ways so yes....their absence will cause a physical/psychological withdrawal.

You see this in lot's of "so called researchers" they have a few experiences and then off the rails they go! Their personal lives implode, they spend ALL their time buying better tech and such to keep chasing it. That's TerryMguires rabbit hole.

Know this thread was about cell phones and EMF but there are just so many aspects to all of this !

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: anonentity

Don't know about machines but I've kind of looked at this kind of "woo energy" as being like a bubbling mass of lava or something quite unstable and active.
Every now and then there's a build up of pressure due to....?conditions? And POP!

Someone gets a little dose of woo and the area calms down again.
Think volcano!
When you look at the activity on the surface of the sun, that's what I think this layer of weirdness is like.
Bubbling away all the time and we don't see all that. Just the eruptions that break through to our reality.

The Chupa Chupa was splendid! Strawberry and cream, as it turned out.

Weird is most definitely a compliment .

I also respond well to Freak.
But you have to say it in a deep Frank Zappa voice while wiggling your eyebrows up and down REALLY fast!

Absolutely!
This is as apt a description as any.

Altho I'd take it further in that it's possible KPB's plasma entities or whatever you choose to call "the woo" needs to interact with us. It'll go so long before that need drives it to "act out".

I really like how you tied it to places as well. Very appropriate! What I think is that those places are where "it" lives so
there are multiple reasons you get called to go. As Blue Shift said isolating us makes things simpler for them, but isn't that true across the board? I think it's less about us reinforcing our reality by not wandering outside of it and more about us being easier to influence as individuals. This would speak to "their" abilities more than us having a porous reality.

Before we go too much further.
Indigenous cultures had names for these entities. That got lost in North America's melting pot. Valle went rogue with calling it "the control system" but in reality we have multiple possible types and names.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The earths core is pretty magnetic I think.
The places I mention above may be subject to change.

Like when you see graphics of the earths magnetosphere or something like that or maybe a plasma ball where the little lightning threads follow your finger.

This layer may have thicker or "hot" parts but they slop around the earth in a constant syrupy movement bubbling away.
I guess the volcano part was a bit OTT but we must get caught up inside the odd bubble when it pops through.
Those bubbles may pop more frequently under certain people I suppose.

Also those plasma type things could be whatever it is that popped through in the bubble. Now free to do whatever they do?
edit on 7-6-2016 by Tulpa because: more words

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

"Woo" is hungry for life.. so if we ignore it, it acts up like an attention-seeking child,
until someone let's their barriers down enough for the woo to get an anchor through
a person (as humans are natural woo energy generators and computers specialized
in processing woo energy---like transformers).

Then, if other factors are aligned, you get either a UFO wave, or a poltergeist
nexus, or a visitation of the virgin mary, or whatever trips the trigger of the
"portal human". The woo doesn't seem to care.. there are various factions of
woo..considering where woo comes from, this is the most natural thing
in the world.

Most people don't know how to "relax into being a portal", as it takes hard to
come by "mystical training", which is not actually mystical at all, but simple
physiology and physics.

As human have become more uptight, mentally ill, and disconnected from
"the land", they have become literally too tense to perform their natural
function of channeling the woo.

It's downright sad, that modern humans can only bond with the land, by
fantasizing that other beings, from other lands (outer space) are
behind all this. I'ts quite the insult to the land. But the land will take any
opportunity to flow through humans like it once did naturally with most
every human alive.

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

All sentient beings, whether physical---or not, fight for control.

It's like with America; if terrorists blow up our troops/facilities, then there WILL
be a 'control loop response" from the US. A push-back. Which causes the other
parties to respond. Back and forth.

That's all that a control loop has to be, as eventually a normalized interaction
between all the parties stabilizes. A "control loop" need not be "from the top
down". It can be dynamic as well.

I don't view Jacques as having gone off the rails.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
For what it's worth, as the OP, i don't mind if we go "off topic", so long as the basic
topic is about the "high strangeness other / golden age cases" and what dynamics
might be involved, especially if they may be evolving over time.

That's my interest.. to spot possible long-term trends.

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The context for my saying Vallee went rogue was he renamed something that already was named. Instead of delving into the historical record the very "white scientific guy" came up with a new moniker.

In the past this was ALL classed under Native Medicine work, underworld aspects, or Sky People, or any number of other cultural names dependent on what continent or Indigenous culture was in the area. Different groups were very familiar with "Medicine Lights" or the smaller orbs as we call them. Now a days we call "them" entities, historically they were called "spirit beings".

While the older names are considered "quaint" and non-scientific there is no valid reason to reinvent the wheel.
It only confuses an already confusing phenomena.

What in hindsight is clear is that for example in investigating the Skinwalker Ranch they were on Ute Ground. They went looking for UFO's but in reality they actually got a mix of both old and new imagery. The Dog or Wolf, the voices in the air ( something also recorded in Native oral history) just a mishmash of things because obviously the Woo will try to match what you expect. Or work with you preconceived imagery in an attempt to communicate/interact.

If you look at the four corners area and all the activity documented by Native reports, adding in that some of this is actually human driven unapproved of bad Medicine ways what Vallee and Bigelow got was some of everything. It's also a high strangeness area we forced the Native Population to live in, most of these places previous were not lived in for a reason.

You add in a few legitimate UFO sightings and our own Black-Op's stuff being tested and it's very difficult for a lay-person without prior experience to make heads or tails out of it. Instead they acted like they "discovered" something new.

So yeah....they went "rogue" with this.

The result is that it left us thinking we have another new thing occurring when in fact it's ONE very old thing, manifesting in new ways.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
While I am on a roll.

Another book for the framework in all this is Mercia Eliades "Images and Symbols" It covers many indigenous cultures basics and compares what is the same. Invaluable!

en.wikipedia.org...

Some information on dealing with the woo is out there! It's on us to educate ourselves, or re-educate ourselves as the case may be.

Another thing I came across was this....I'll admit I've been holding out cause it took me so many years to find it. These entities or "the woo" as we call it were a known quantity. There are more types, also already known and named. This is only one example.

www.inuitmyths.com...

The Ijiraat are the shape-shifters. These land spirits are elusive and can transform into any arctic animal to disguise themselves. Most often they take the shape of a raven, bear, wolf or even a human. The only part of the Ijiraat that it cannot disguise is its red eyes. In all of it forms, both human and animal, its eyes always remain red.

These hidden creatures are portrayed as evil and malicious in many stories. These stories warn that the Ijiraat lie in wait for lone travelers, changing shape to fool and get close to the travelers.

Some elders argue that these land spirits and are not inherently evil, but rather misunderstood. One elder warned that these spirits are surrounded by mirages. When mountains or islands on the horizon look bigger or closer than they really are, an Ijiraat might be near. It seems some elders believe that the Ijiraat often appear to bring messages to travelers.

Although many interpretations of the Ijiraat exist, one thing seems to be certain: After an encounter with the Ijiraat people tend to experience memory loss and quickly forget the details of what happened.

If you ever encountered an Ijiraat, remember to talk to as many people as possible before you memory begins to fail and you forget the experience.

Now just how MANY reports of high strangeness or 'the woo" has memory loss occurred in? How many people report things they saw that just couldn't be, or were imagery pulled from their heads? It isn't entities coming from different dimensions, we live and have lived with these all along. Newbies to the North American continent didn't get the memo about what was already here. Or we were told and passed it off as folklore and uneducated thinking.

In Native Oral history Orbs are told to be traveling shapeshifters.

We call them plasma beings or UFO's.
In reality they apparently are our "neighbors".

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The thing is, sure there are countless more cameras in peoples hands. However, the quality of a camera in a phone is completely useless if you want to take a picture or record a UFO. Useless zooming in, at night and keeping the camera stable. Even the best camera in a phone which costs $800 is crap compared to a $100 stand alone camera.

Not to mention the amount of people buying $20 smartphones. I work at a certain popular department stores cell phone center. The amount of cheap cell phones I sell to expensive nice phones is at least 5 to 1.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Great post! I'm going to have to go against the grain though. True for me that most of my ET experiences came at a young age but as far as supernatural occurrences? Through the fricken roof for me SINCE I've had a cell phone (since 2001) now I'm not saying there is a corrolation in my case between supernatural/paranormal activity and my phone, I just wanted to point out my experiences that do not fit with your hypothesis.
edit on 7-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

edit on 7-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Exactly. The problem isn't that sightings are not occuring it's that there really isn't anyone out there in officialdom To take it seriously. Also, Governments of the world for whatever multitudes of reasons do not want people taking the UFO phenomena seriously. Ancient aliens and that Giorgio guy (with the hair) are perfect examples imo, that TPTB DO NOT want people taking this stuff seriously. Why do I believe in ET and there craft? (some physical, some very beyond that concept) I don't believe, I KNOW. there is a big difference there.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yep I think between all the native traditions we could learn an awful lot and in many different areas of interest.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

They don't always!

Hardcore "highly strange people"

Can operate anywhere.

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yup.

The "otherdimensional thing" is way misunderstood and overdone.

I too think that there is mostly one big ecosystem and all of us are bouncing off each other in the same play pen. (a few exceptions)

That's why it's hard to discern patterns...so much variability in critters and critters personalities and goals.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Hmmm...I think the golden age ended when science began to determine what is possible and what is not.

UFO's are definitely A phenomenon, it can't be dismissed as there is too many collaborating reports. But Aliens? who knows. Unless our understanding of physics drastically changes then the chances of aliens visiting our planet would be literally astronomical.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
While I am on a roll.

Another book for the framework in all this is Mercia Eliades "Images and Symbols" It covers many indigenous cultures basics and compares what is the same. Invaluable!

en.wikipedia.org...

Some information on dealing with the woo is out there! It's on us to educate ourselves, or re-educate ourselves as the case may be.

Another thing I came across was this....I'll admit I've been holding out cause it took me so many years to find it. These entities or "the woo" as we call it were a known quantity. There are more types, also already known and named. This is only one example.

www.inuitmyths.com...

The Ijiraat are the shape-shifters. These land spirits are elusive and can transform into any arctic animal to disguise themselves. Most often they take the shape of a raven, bear, wolf or even a human. The only part of the Ijiraat that it cannot disguise is its red eyes. In all of it forms, both human and animal, its eyes always remain red.

These hidden creatures are portrayed as evil and malicious in many stories. These stories warn that the Ijiraat lie in wait for lone travelers, changing shape to fool and get close to the travelers.

Some elders argue that these land spirits and are not inherently evil, but rather misunderstood. One elder warned that these spirits are surrounded by mirages. When mountains or islands on the horizon look bigger or closer than they really are, an Ijiraat might be near. It seems some elders believe that the Ijiraat often appear to bring messages to travelers.

Although many interpretations of the Ijiraat exist, one thing seems to be certain: After an encounter with the Ijiraat people tend to experience memory loss and quickly forget the details of what happened.

If you ever encountered an Ijiraat, remember to talk to as many people as possible before you memory begins to fail and you forget the experience.

Now just how MANY reports of high strangeness or 'the woo" has memory loss occurred in? How many people report things they saw that just couldn't be, or were imagery pulled from their heads? It isn't entities coming from different dimensions, we live and have lived with these all along. Newbies to the North American continent didn't get the memo about what was already here. Or we were told and passed it off as folklore and uneducated thinking.

In Native Oral history Orbs are told to be traveling shapeshifters.

We call them plasma beings or UFO's.
In reality they apparently are our "neighbors".
that's an interesting thought but how do you know that these beings from folklore are not an explanation for UFO's/E.T.?
edit on 7-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Accidental post before it was ready

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yup.

The laws of physics aren't very friendly when it comes to interstellar space travel.

Kev

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

They ARE the explanation.

That's the point.

Some of the best minds ever agree.

But these beings probably weren't formed
From matter..at least normal matter
As we know it.

Kev
edit on 7-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Well some people seem to think that if anti-matter comes into contact with matter it will be the end of the universe.
What if just a little bit of it makes you see UFOs?

Could it be down to the degree of exposure?

If we take the shaman and some of the concoctions they use to escape our level. Most of those things in the wrong hands could make you very very sick or maybe even kill you.

If, as we hypothesise, there is a dampening effect from the abundance of waves, could it be keeping it down to a level which is only perceptible under certain conditions?
Less severe psychic disturbances.

Another thing to note is the missing time element.
Some of the golden age stories are, in my opinion, the result of planted stories meant for the public in general to absorb. Post-hypnotic suggestion is a useful tool and a powerful one.
Whether the planting was done by humans or is the effect of the object is still up for debate but something happens to make a story insert itself there and that's the one you believe.
Its just not what really happened during those moments.

As I pointed out in the RFI thread, some of the witnesses allowed themselves to be hypnotised and unless that process was done in absolute and complete compliance with the code of ethics in hypnosis, then there is every possibility that information could be planted.
And we all know how great that's working out for some of them, don't we?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join