It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Camera devices using wireless energy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has ever come up. I'm wondering if the government has figured out how to transmit energy to spy cameras in homes yet.

Imagine a screw but it's not wired in to anything but receives broadcast energy from a nearby source. Wasn't Tesla messing with this way back in the day with light bulbs?

I see this as the next step in spyware in homes or wherever. It's not too out there when you think of it (compared to UFO chat)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Not only would you have to power such a device, you'd have to power whatever transmitter it uses so that it can send a video signal back. It may be technologically possible, but there are no such devices in anyone's home...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NumberMan

in the 80s, the soviets gifted a US embassy with a big wooden plaque that had the american eagle on it, like the back of a quarter. Inside was a listening device. It had no batteries and could switch off and on remotely. So we would scan for bugs, they would hear us and turn it off..... since it had no power source and was off, we would not detect it. Then they would turn it on a little later and continue listening after they thought we finished scanning.

Took a while to figure it out I hear.
lol

These things existed in the 80s.....maybe sooner.

edit on 6 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Not sure, but you can listen to audio outside a house via an oscilloscope , if the owner has those new energy saving LED's

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: added 2

Samsung and Sony are pushing towards in house video and audio in their smart tvs.
The units send your info to a server. Not sure the countries origin, but could guess.

Any thing sentt to a cloud server is up for grabs by you know who.
And, of course cloud computing is being pushed.

It has advantages such as the hosting pc can be high powered, and the device just parrots the display, so the device doesnt need a big processor, and runs longer.

Cellphones are like the ultimate spy devices, an in-home camera is a joke compared to the info they provide now.

Camera, mic, biometrics, gps, cellular gps, motion etc,etc +5 on each new model.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: added 2

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

in the 80s, the soviets gifted a US embassy with a big wooden plaque that had the american eagle on it, like the back of a quarter. Inside was a listening device. It had no batteries and could switch off and on remotely. So we would scan for bugs, they would hear us and turn it off..... since it had no power source and was off, we would not detect it. Then they would turn it on a little later and continue listening after they thought we finished scanning.

lol

Neat

Slightly off topic but technology conspiracy based:

I'm 100% sure they can see through drywall but unsure of the quality. The device has to be pressed against an adjacent wall.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NumberMan

originally posted by: tadaman

lol

Neat

Slightly off topic but technology conspiracy based:

I'm 100% sure they can see through drywall but unsure of the quality. The device has to be pressed against an adjacent wall.

You are right about that, they can see through all materials now other than metal and water, I can't remember the devices name, but they claim it is for locating people pre-breach.

I think it is for locating gardens.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
wait a minute....on ats a thread stated that Samsung admitted their TV's listen to us but not to worry....only third parties are allowed to use the info.....hail....

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
wait a minute....on ats a thread stated that Samsung admitted their TV's listen to us but not to worry....only third parties are allowed to use the info.....hail....
Samsung CEO even warns about saying credit card info near a smart tv.

Samsung

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Heard of people using stuxnet to charge a device i dont know enough about it to know what device you would need hooked up to a spy device but frequancys are doing alot. could you imagine if your wifi was actually pulsing enough to create an image in your home your being watched already.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

www.nbcnews.com...

The states were worried about Cdn coins containing transmitters once too. I think that was more paranoia than anything else.

I don't know why the government would need to power spy cameras in homes, when there are appliances and cell phones and xboxes doing the job.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

wireless spy cameras work at 2.5 HZ and 5 HZ and they can easily be detected and blocked.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
WOW ! this is Fantastic . I have been involved in communications for over 40 years and this is Mind Blowing , But I will assume the Range would be very short due to the small amount of power and regardless of the frequency the low power level would make it's range very short so if anyone wants to listen or record or both they would have to be just outside your house with a receiver preferably with an receiver amplifier to pick up the signal and some type of equalizer to clean up the audio . But Very feasible to be done . And I'm glad I have no LED's in My Home just Unclean Noisey Fluorescents. Very Good and Thanks for the post.

also this :
www.ted.com...
and
www.youtube.com...
and
www.youtube.com...
and
www.youtube.com...
and
www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-6-2016 by bobw927 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2016 by bobw927 because: added videos

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It didn't have any electronics though. It was a tuned cavity being pumped with an external microwave source, then they extracted the audio from the backscatter.

If you ever wondered why the Rooskies were bombarding the embassy with microwaves, that's why. Not to make the diplomats sick. it was powering resonance bugs.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Probably not. The losses incurred in transmitting more than a few mW that way are appalling. And you'd be able to see it going on with a spectrum analyzer

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

i cant find it now but i recall it was even posted to ats year or so ago that nanotech had been developed which enabled a clear thin paintable material that could broadcast video and audio in its range and it powered itself off of wireless rf emissions. the articles of the time said it was to be used in airports for all around surveillance.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

i cant find it now but i recall it was even posted to ats year or so ago that nanotech had been developed which enabled a clear thin paintable material that could broadcast video and audio in its range and it powered itself off of wireless rf emissions. the articles of the time said it was to be used in airports for all around surveillance.

Time to repaint the walls

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance . . . but there are no such devices in anyone's home...

Given such a flat-footed, absolutist statement "of fact,"

I assume you have closely examined every home in the nation and have a 100% exhaustive knowledge of every black ops program about such technologies?

/sarc

Maybe I have a faulty foggy memory trace . . . but there's some wisp of a notion in my noggin that you are one of those folks who

goes absolutely fiercely into rant mode if anyone dares to make an unsubstantiated statement of 'fact' or mostly fact. I could be wrong about that, however.

edit on 6/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
RFID devices (Radio Frequency Identity) have been around for a long time now.The immobiliser in your car has one that works by the car firing an RF pulse at it when you first turn the ignition on,this is picked up a parallel tuned circuit (inductor and capacitor) inside the transponder chip.If the pulse is the same frequency the tuned circuit is set for it generates enough voltage to power a microprocessor to read a code from it's memory and feed it back to the aerial (tuned circuit) and then be picked up by the coil around the ignition barrel.

These devices have their power limited by law,so only have a range of a few inches.To answer the original question yes energy can be transmitted wirelessly to any remote device,but the power levels needed make it impractical.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NumberMan
I'm not sure if this has ever come up. I'm wondering if the government has figured out how to transmit energy to spy cameras in homes yet.

Imagine a screw but it's not wired in to anything but receives broadcast energy from a nearby source. Wasn't Tesla messing with this way back in the day with light bulbs?

I see this as the next step in spyware in homes or wherever. It's not too out there when you think of it (compared to UFO chat)

Wireless power transmission is possible but the tech isn't all that good yet. It's primary use these days is in certain RFID chips to retrieve information. A camera in a home would require far more energy, furthermore the wireless energy has to be transmitted from a point and aimed at the wireless device. If there were a wireless power device in your home it would be pretty obvious because there would be a big transmitter within a few feet, aimed at somewhere specific in your home.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
maybe they already have cerebral off x men n can read our minds

top topics

<<   2 >>

join