It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pushing racial boundaries, Trump draws rebuke from a fretful GOP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Over the past week, Trump has repeatedly cited the Mexican heritage of U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who is overseeing a lawsuit brought by former students of Trump University alleging fraud against the institution. Trump accused Curiel of a conflict of interest in hearing the case because, according to his reasoning, the judge’s Mexican heritage puts him at odds with Trump’s proposal to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexican border.

When challenged to explain why he believed the judge was biased, Trump said, among other things, “He’s a Mexican.”

Curiel is an American, born in 1953 in Indiana to parents who were Mexican immigrants. The judge has not publicly expressed an opinion about Trump’s proposed wall.
Pushing racial boundaries, Trump draws rebuke from a fretful GOP

Was Trump being serious? What planet does he live on? Even a recent legal immigrant from Mexico isn't a Mexican anymore unless they have dual citizenship. Trump was talking about an American born in 1953 in Indiana?

I don't know if that's a sign of a racist attitude. I take it as a sign of a disconnect with reality. It's especially bad when you realize that Trump desperately needs the Hispanic vote. A comment like that could cost him tremendously.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Diplomacy isn't part of his method. He'll turn off anyone related to anyone with South American lineage and anyone related to anyone with African American lineage.

Obviously some ATSers and Americans will applaud this approach and sincerely believe it's time for a sort of a whites-only POTUS with a whites-first program. They think it's time for all the minorities to be put in their place.

We'll see soon enough how that works out...

Trump is right on the cusp of becoming POTUS and will fail when the voter turnout goes elsewhere. That's not bias on my part, it's an accurate prediction that requires no biases. Gingrich is trying to steer Trump's tiller away from disenfranchising millions of potential voters and all the GOP should chime in with their support.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Diplomacy isn't part of his method. He'll turn off anyone related to anyone with South American lineage and anyone related to anyone with African American lineage.

Obviously some ATSers and Americans will applaud this approach and sincerely believe it's time for a sort of a whites-only POTUS with a whites-first program. They think it's time for all the minorities to be put in their place.

Trump is right on the cusp of becoming POTUS and will fail when the voter turnout goes elsewhere. That's not bias on my part, it's an accurate prediction that requires no biases. Gingrich is trying to steer Trump's tiller away from disenfranchising millions of potential voters and all the GOP should chime in with their support.

Yet failure to point out obvious catering to minorities at the expense of balance is a serious problem. At least, in my view of it. What happened to 'balance'....to treating everyone equally? If the person Trump refers to has a track record of judicial bias, then it needs to be pointed out.

Your 'white only/whites first' ,'need to be put in their place' comments is disingenuous. It is the mechanism of apology and is the usual need-jerk rhetoric one expects, these days.

Prove your rhetoric from Trumps comment or retract it. No spin. Just from what he said...

If there is an argument that this individual is biased, then they should be targeted in the same wise as you do Trump.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm not getting into some pissing contest with you. Gingrich thinks Trump should dial it down. There are members on ATS who've voiced a preference for a whites-first program so these points stand.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Is this the view of ATS too. Is the site going to put minorities where they belong too?

----------------
Where or how will minorities be put back in their places? Where is this place

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Is this the view of ATS too. Is the site going to put minorities where they belong too?

----------------

Of course it's not 'the view of ATS.'

Not my view either so you'll need to ask someone else.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Was Trump being serious? What planet does he live on? Even a recent legal immigrant from Mexico isn't a Mexican anymore unless they have dual citizenship. Trump was talking about an American born in 1953 in Indiana?

I don't know if that's a sign of a racist attitude. I take it as a sign of a disconnect with reality. It's especially bad when you realize that Trump desperately needs the Hispanic vote. A comment like that could cost him tremendously.

Most of us are trying to figure out if Trump is serious or not. If he is....it is SHTF for all of us if he wins.

He does need the Hispanic vote. He knows it...so either reality disconnect or this was all pre-planned.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

----------------

Of course it's not 'the view of ATS.'

Not my view either so you'll need to ask someone else.

Ok. Fair enough, not yours or ATS, but that comment was as generalized as the "they want to put minorities back in thir places"
Of course people are going to ask for 'source'. And rightfully so.

I wont rationalize or moralize.
Theres nothing i know which you don't already know.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm not getting into some pissing contest with you. Gingrich thinks Trump should dial it down. There are members on ATS who've voiced a preference for a whites-first program so these points stand.

Back that statement up with links and quotes.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If he linked posts from people in other threads I think he would have to give himself an infraction because we are not supposed to do that.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If he is....it is SHTF for all of us if he wins.

Well, for a lot of you, those that live in the large metro areas may well see a momentary break down in civil society with the usual mayhem, looting and setting of fires.

But my money is on Trump intentionally imploding his campaign before the general election.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: onequestion

If he linked posts from people in other threads I think he would have to give himself an infraction because we are not supposed to do that.

Exactly.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Even a recent legal immigrant from Mexico isn't a Mexican anymore

Although they themselves still relate to being a Mexican . Why do you think that everything is in 2 languages now , and has been? I have neighbors who have become US citizens , but yet still relate to Mexico. It is their heritage after all.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Yet failure to point out obvious catering to minorities at the expense of balance is a serious problem. At least, in my view of it. What happened to 'balance'....to treating everyone equally? If the person Trump refers to has a track record of judicial bias, then it needs to be pointed out.

Your 'white only/whites first' ,'need to be put in their place' comments is disingenuous. It is the mechanism of apology and is the usual need-jerk rhetoric one expects, these days.

Prove your rhetoric from Trumps comment or retract it. No spin. Just from what he said...

If there is an argument that this individual is biased, then they should be targeted in the same wise as you do Trump.
How are minorities being catered to and who is doing the catering? Really?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The GOP has worked for years to attract the minority and women voters...Trump has destroyed that. Trump is the best thing that has ever happened to the Democrats.

Essentially, America has become a "one party" nation. The politics of hate and division has failed.

As the Republicans become increasingly impotent, perhaps a more thoughtful, live and let live, party can fill the breech....Like the Libertarians.

edit on 5-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Trump needed to stop the bluster and just say the specific reason.

1. He's building a wall between Mexico
2. The judge's parents are Mexican, he's Mexican heritage he is in a position where his personal opinion could cloud the judgement of the case.

According to trump, the plaintiff asked to leave the case because the charges are not real and the judge has allowed the case to continue, without a plaintiff.

Whats the truth in that? Is this judge doing something very unusual?

The thing I find telling.. about all the anti-trump/pro democratic nonsense.. Is that Americans have been calling for a solution to the southern borders porous state, for over a decade. Trump has come in and suggested building a wall and have the Mexican government pay for it, because they deliberately empty their prisons and send them across the border. There will be large entry points where proper migrants can be processed and allowed through... yet, everyone's crying foul because its racist.

Was it not racist to invade Iraq too then?.. we all seemed pretty happy about that little adventure!

Screw the democratic convention.

Hillary Vs Trump Vs Sanders

Let the people decide without any of the money influencing it.

edit on 5/6/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

But my money is on Trump intentionally imploding his campaign before the general election.

That is my opinion as well; but the damage is done. Was it planned or just a flawed approach to his campaign.

And what will become of Trumps faithful followers? And who will the GOP bring in to fill Donalds shoes?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

This entire situation with Trump is beginning to look premeditated to allow obama to cancel the election. I might be wrong, but if Hillary is indicted too late in election season and protestors against Trump keep behaving like terrorists, it could be deemed an unfair contest and civil war could ensue if the election proceeds. That might be a politically valid reason for suspension of the election.

Trump playing into this Court case does seem a logical move but a move also designed to create political dissension as well. An easy fix would be to assign a judge who could have no possible conflicts.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
He's doing the same thing everyone in the left does every day. The left has poured sooo much kool aide, that people don't recognize it, but they support it.

Take your pick

There are too many white cops.
The Oscar selection committee is to old, too white, to make fair picks
That board of directors is to white
That jury is to white
That case cannot be heard by a white judge
That university is to white
That major is to white/male

Follow up each sentence with it needs to change

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
He's doing the same thing everyone in the left does every day. The left has poured sooo much kool aide, that people don't recognize it, but they support it.

Take your pick

There are too many white cops.
The Oscar selection committee is to old, too white, to make fair picks
That board of directors is to white
That jury is to white
That case cannot be heard by a white judge
That university is to white
That major is to white/male

Follow up each sentence with it needs to change

Somebody is playing the victim game, lets see if we have a prize, nope sorry nothing for you today, better luck next time.

edit on 5-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join