It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blood of Christ, the Blood of the Lamb.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

John the Baptist recognized Jesus as the Lamb of God. By making that statement, John was saying that Jesus was the fulfillment of the symbolic Passover lamb, which was sacrificed in ancient Israel for the atonement of sin. It was understood as far back as the first Passover night in Egypt that the blood of the lamb took away the penalty of sin...death.

In the New Testament, (though this is not a new concept) the Book of Hebrews further establishes this symbolic relationship between sacrificial blood and atonement.

Hebrews 9:11But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here,a he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. 12He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtainingb eternal redemption. 13The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

So, if the Passover lamb was symbolic for Christ, then it stands to reason that the lambs blood was symbolic too. This means that Jesus physiological blood, had no redemptive quality. The term Blood of Christ has a far more significant meaning.

Isaiah 53:10But the LORD was pleased
To crush Him, putting Him to grief;
If He would render Himself as a guilt offering,
He will see His offspring,
He will prolong His days,
And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.

11As a result of the anguish of His soul,
He will see it and be satisfied;
By His knowledge the Righteous One,
My Servant, will justify the many,
As He will bear their iniquities.

The Blood of Christ was not physical blood, but His THINKING.

Before I can go further, lets look at the Biblical model for the soul. The soul (Greek: psuche) consists of two compartments; the Mind (Greek: nous) and the Heart (Greek: kardia). Unlike modern culture, the Heart is not the source of emotions. Biblically speaking, emotions are provided by the human body and are identified with the Kidneys (nephros).

The Mind (nous) is our reservoir of unintegrated information and concepts (dog, run, ball). The Heart (kardia) draws from the Mind (nous) to integrate information into structured thought (The dog runs after the ball). The Kidneys (nephros) formulate an emotional response.

BACK TO THE BLOOD OF CHRIST

Physiologically speaking, the hear pumps blood throughout the body. Without this function, the body cannot live. Therefore, in reference to the soul, the Heart (kardia) pumps thought throughout the soul (psuche). So our thoughts formulate the blood of the soul.

John 19:34 But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.

After Jesus was dead on the cross, His physical blood had separated into the concentrated blood and water. Water represents the Word of God (Eph 5:26, Rev 22:17, John 4:14).

In order to pay for our sins, Jesus learned His Father's Word during His lifetime as a human, and kept it circulating through His Heart even as our sins were being imputed to Him.

There was nothing redemptive flowing through His veins, it was His thinking that saved those of us who believe in Him, and it is His thinking that washes our souls if we keep it in our Hearts.

edit on 4-6-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriestoh wise one, please tell us what the bible really meant.

Yea. People used to kill animals because they thought that it would gain them favor or forgiveness from a barbaric god. They also used to kill people and especially small children. You are holding onto this theme when you preach that jesus' death allows for your forgiveness which is pretty sick. People are wising up to this evil bull# story and leaving your bloodcult in droves. Your constant revising and retelling of these horrible atrocities on mankind, are certainly not helping your cause like you may think it is.

You remake the same friggin thread at least three times a day. If your stories had any truth to them, it would be the worst case scenario. Good thing they are as fake as you are. Do you really feel like duping people is the best use of your time?
edit on 4-6-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yea. People used to kill animals because they thought that it would gain them favor or forgiveness from a barbaric god. They also used to kill people and especially small children. You are holding onto this theme when you preach that jesus' death allows for your forgiveness which is pretty sick. People are wising up to this evil bull# story and leaving your bloodcult in droves. Your constant revising and retelling of these horrible atrocities on mankind, are certainly not helping your cause like you may think it is.

You remake the same friggin thread at least three times a day. If your stories had any truth to them, it would be the worst case scenario. Good thing they are as fake as you are.

actually woodcarver.......the wood one would carve is a creation....you get to see.....is that an accident that the substance is so perfect....so divinely interesting and useful.....make sure when you admire the wood....you worship the creator....not the creation in any sense.....

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Is that like the bannana fitting perfectly in my hand, so it must be god?

Wood is easy to carve, and pretty to look at, so.... Jesus died for my sins? And everything in the bible is real?

Non sequitur much?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You remake the same friggin thread at least three times a day. If your stories had any truth to them, it would be the worst case scenario. Good thing they are as fake as you are. Do you really feel like duping people is the best use of your time?

Doesn't take much to upset you, does it?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Doesn't take much to upset you, does it?
Charlatans spewing the wrath of god pretty much does it every time.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

What about the Yom Kippur goat?

What is its significance to the Passover lamb, in regards to Christ?

edit on 4-6-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Szarah

What about the Yom Kippur goat?

What is its significance to the Passover lamb, in regards to Christ?
Ahh and here is Szarah with your fresh new profile. How many is this now? Why would you possibly need a fresh new profile every week?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If Jesus is The Lamb, why doesn't the Communion Wafer come with Mint Sauce?

Just curious.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
One would think that you folks would embrace science in an effort to produce some proof of what you say. Proof of god's existance would go much further than these pathetic efforts to rewrite the bible in a way that makes it more palatable and less bloodthirsty than it actually is. I imagine that these lies have eaten away at the more important parts of your brains.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

So you'd like quantifiable, repeatable, physical evidence of the transcendent, immaterial, eternal creator God of the Bible?

I mean, so would I, but do you think that's reasonable?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Interesting...

was nothing redemptive flowing through His veins, it was His thinking that saved those of us who believe in Him, and it is His thinking that washes our souls if we keep it in our Hearts.

Wouldn't that make the idea that "christ died for your sins" null and void?

IF it was his teaching which is the redemptive quality... Which i agree with by the way... Except that also means he didn't need to die

Hmmm

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

One would think that you folks would embrace science in an effort to produce some proof of what you say. Proof of god's existance would go much further than these pathetic efforts to rewrite the bible in a way that makes it more palatable and less bloodthirsty than it actually is. I imagine that these lies have eaten away at the more important parts of your brains.

One would think a so called scientific mind to be able to grasp the concept of diplomacy and not act like he/she knows all.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I'm not going to debate God's existence with you. If you can't stay on the topic of the Blood of Christ, then just leave. Its that simple.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

cool, oh that's me.....the Holy Spirit actually taught me a one minute trade method that clobbers every Asia open every time.....every day at 642 pm Dallas time the gbp/jpy currency pair reverses and goes 11 pips at least...then back to within one pip from where it started.....then goes on a march....I couldn't have ever figured that out by myself....I gotta tell ya....you can be a millionaire.....from a one minute chart.....trade currencies for a target of 120 pips...no one can do that.....and certainly not everyday....but now you and everyone reading this post can.....just at the Tokyo Open......also Jesus saved me from total embarrassment in import moments in my life....and made me look like a hero.....but I know better....

so pull up a free chart.....and you tell me what the pair from hail does at 6 friggin 42 pm...Got Tam Dallas time...huh....( hands on hips.....double check thingy )
edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Adam was created with Body, Soul, and Spirit. The breath of life that God breathed into his nostrils was really the breath of lives.

So Adam died spiritually, soulishly (his mentality corrupted), and bodily (aging).

The death that Jesus died on the cross that was most relevant for us was the temporary death of His spirit, not His physical death. His spiritual death caused God to forsake Him, His physical death simply marked the termination of His work.

So when one believes in Jesus' death (spiritual death), his human spirit is born again. That is but 1 of 3 dimensions to salvation in its totality.

The soul still needs to be washed in the Blood of Christ on a daily basis, and then eventually, the body will be resurrected at the end of the Age.

edit on 4-6-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: Typos

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I'm not going to debate God's existence with you. If you can't stay on the topic of the Blood of Christ, then just leave. Its that simple.

We all have blood. Christ's gift was his words, not his blood.

He doesn't have blood anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

Christians believe the body goes to heaven... Or they're given a new physical body

So according to him he does have blood still

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

That's so funny
You are attracted to these threads, hmmm, why?

You are not obliged to read or respond, hmmm, why?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyAnswer

So you'd like quantifiable, repeatable, physical evidence of the transcendent, immaterial, eternal creator God of the Bible?

I mean, so would I, but do you think that's reasonable?

How about some simple evidence that the sacrificial blood of innocent animals appeased this God for centuries, until it didn't. And, then, this biblical God came down to earth himself, incarnate, to die a sacrificial, yet torturous and humiliating death, to appease himself, in order to redeem us with super human/god blood? But, we are redeemed, in this God's sight, only if we believe the ticket to heaven lies in the shedding of this certain man's innocent blood.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join