It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conventional Shampoos Cause Nerve Damage, Memory Loss, and Cancer. Use ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Mrgone

Perhaps instead of your mother teaching you to keep silent if you couldn't say anything nice, she taught you to go out of your way to say nasty, prickly, gritchy, contrarian things?
bo Xian... we haven't formally meet. I'm Gone. I find most dribble that comes in the form of click-bait to be the lowest form of sentence structure with the intent of soliciting clicks. And sadly it is my job to point it out on the internet. I'd point it out elsewhere but there isn't another place that exists with such ridiculously abhorrent sentence structure.

And if you knew my mother's history you wouldn't have a made a crack about my mom. That's just low, man. Low

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Not worried. I dont bathe. Everybody knows that causes leprosy

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Actually, not knowing anything really about your Mom, it was a crack at your crassness.

Sorry if you felt offended about your Mom. I'll amend my ways on such scores.

Your self-appointed job to throw cow pies over such inconsequential stuff is just a striking thing to me.

I can't imagine that it helps build trust, relationships, pleasantness, comfort, health, etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I don't think BO meant to hurt you!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My folks used to always have a jar of lanolin around. Now I don't know where to find such. Interesting.

Don't think I've come across such a sensitivity before. Glad you're on top of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I don't think BO meant to hurt you!

INDEED.

I merely wanted to cause some reflection over coming on a thread and spewing negative stuff so crassly and needlessly.

Thanks for your insightfulness.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

". . . Ridiculously abhorrent sentence structure . . .

Wellllllllllllll . . . as a recovering OCD . . . I don't believe in being prissy about sentence structure.

If it's readable and communicates well what's intended, that's good enough.

If it's unclear or confusing because of poor structure, that's a different issue. But even then, it's not an occasion for me to be haughty or prissy about it.

MOST folks are not English Majors. MOST folks don't care that much about great precision in writing--particularly on the net.

And no amount of prissy exhortations against their efforts is likely to change most of them 0.00001% worth.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Actually, not knowing anything really about your Mom, it was a crack at your crassness.

Sorry if you felt offended about your Mom. I'll amend my ways on such scores.

Your self-appointed job to throw cow pies over such inconsequential stuff is just a striking thing to me.

I can't imagine that it helps build trust, relationships, pleasantness, comfort, health, etc.

trust, relationships, pleasantness, comfort, health aren't the only raesons for doing whatever inspires us as individuals. Some times we just see someone using blatantly manipulative sentence structure as CLICK- BAIT and our hackles go up. Sort of like how yours will if I keep talking about me in the third person.

But this threads not about how you insulted my mom. It's about the solution to your problem just behind the next button.
Just like this OP's title...

next

edit on 06Sat, 04 Jun 2016 23:06:26 -05001120166America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Alrighty then.

Back to the topic. Enough of the belligerent back and forth. This is the lighter side of ATS, at least it's supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

My folks used to always have a jar of lanolin around. Now I don't know where to find such. Interesting.

Don't think I've come across such a sensitivity before. Glad you're on top of it.

Wool doesn't make you itch? Lanolin is wool oil, instead of using beef tallow they use wool oil to make the shampoo and some soaps. Lanolin actually swells the skin to smooth it, but it blocks the ability of the skin to secrete metabolic toxins or to cool the body.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Thanks.

Didn't know that about toxins etc. and Lanolin.

I have just liked the way it left my skin feeling instead of being cracked and dry in the high desert of the American South West.

I always knew it came from sheep's wool.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I don't usually have a big problem with wool. It may depend on what kind of wool and the weave structure.

Wool socks are not a problem. If I wore some wool sweaters next to my skin they might be a problem but just on my arms, not usually. Some wool yarns are more scritchy than others.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
We knew these things years and years ago back before I ever even owned a healthfood store. Dr Bronners works for some, I use tea tree soap bar for shampoo. Think shampoo is bad, look at toothpaste, sugar, food coloring and fluoride to clean the sugar and food coloring from your teeth lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

I love Dr Bronner's peppermint soap. Guess I should use it more. I keep saving it, for some reason.

Do you dilute it? If so, how much?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: BO XIAN

It's actually not straight forward. It's complete crap.

Is it now?

Safety

DEA is a potential skin irritant in workers sensitized by exposure to water-based metalworking fluids.[5] One study showed that DEA inhibits in baby mice the absorption of choline, which is necessary for brain development and maintenance;[6] however, a study in humans determined that dermal treatment for 1 month with a commercially available skin lotion containing DEA resulted in DEA levels that were "far below those concentrations associated with perturbed brain development in the mouse".[7] In a mouse study of chronic exposure to inhaled DEA at high concentrations (above 150 mg/m3), DEA was found to induce body and organ weight changes, clinical and histopathological changes, indicative of mild blood, liver, kidney and testicular systemic toxicity.[8] A 2009 study found that DEA has potential acute, chronic and subchronic toxicity properties for aquatic species.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

I know the default status for some here is "woo woo" articles don't get a second glance, but in this case, the potential is valid.

I'm going with the Pine Tar soap idea.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

a reply to: ClownFish

Thanks for your kind words.

Sensitivities to chemicals can be a huge drag on life and even deadly with far too many people, imho.

One of my weird things is that all Tofu tastes like gasoline, to me. Evidently there's a chemical in processing that's close to such a thing--according to my Masters in Food Science and Nutrition friend.

I agree, I have terribly chemical sensitive skin, everything seems to irritate it one way or another, and I've long considered the cheap soap/shampoos to be a cause. Even deoderant can cause rashes, which means I either get wiffy, or suffer in silence.. Or just stay in doors and hide.

I do like tofu though, doesn't taste like petrol to me. lol

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

originally posted by: MrFuzzy
Pine tar soap is the only personal hygiene product anyone should ever need. Wash your whole body and hair with it. i can't rate it highly enough. My skin has never been better since using it.

I keep reading this hearing Ron Swanson's voice.

Anyway, I wonder how pine tar soap is on very sensitive skin. What do you mean your skin is better since using it?

Pine tar should be soothing to sensitive skin, when I was young I had chicken pox and it was the only thing that worked to ease the insane itch.

Last time I got some, I was duped. In small print on the Pine Tar Shampoo, it said scented. It was Pine Tar scented, not actually Pine Tar. So something to be aware of..

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I can only use a few brands of shampoo. I have problem with the lanoic acid or lanolin in them, the propylene glycol, and another chemical. Who would think they put wool oil in shampoo, eliminating that took care of my itchy head, evidently it is not just wool that makes me itchy.

Strangely, the couple of different kinds I can use are close to the cheapest on the market.

Itchy head syndrome is killer. Definitely time to switch the bathroom products out...

Hard to avoid chemicals in a world that has turned chemicals into everything, even food.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You are getting a bit old with that link.

Some would say it's bollocks.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

Virtually all my 69 years until the last several years . . . I had a hard time finding an effective deodorant.

I tended to sweat a lot and to frankly stink a lot.

Then I found THAI CRYSTAL at a health food store. That is the greatest stuff. It works emphatically. Evidently it prevents the growth of microbes that cause the odor.

Anyway--it works on feet, too. Great stuff. It uses various mineral crystals.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join