It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Assault in Dechmont Woods, Scotland? : Revisiting the Bob Taylor UFO Encounter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Well it was odd in that you don't hear of it every day Kev.

And who knows? Maybe your theory is correct.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Occasionally I like to think of things from an angle that makes no sense to me.

For instance, I believe Bob is honest and accurate in what he believes he experienced.

For me the key pieces of empirical evidence are the tracks and torn trousers. Taking a counter factual approach leaves the following questions:

- if the event is fictitious were the trouser rips created as "proof"
- if the event is fictitious was the event created to explain the trouser rips?

Those are the only two possible options if Bob's story is not truthful. It seems far more likely to me that the trouser rips are not manufacture "evidence". Creating them to hide something would prove too hard and is a fairly random and non obvious thing to do.

Which leaves just one probable option:

If Bob is not accurate about the sea mines tearing his trousers then most likely the event was staged or created to hide the true nature of the upward rips in his trousers.

Of course, the upward tears are due to an implement piecing the fabric and providing force against the material.

It does not have to be that the spikes were moving Bob. It could be that Bob was moving against two fixed spikes due to the force of gravity.

Let me rephrase how that could happen:
- Bob scales a railed metal fence with spikes - not barbed wire
- his trousers get caught at the tips of the "spears" as he attempts to climb over the top
- he slides down the other side suspended by his trousers which rip in vertical lines due to the fixed spikes and his weight
- as the rip becomes faster it becomes more ragged and Bob falls
- Bob bruises his chin hitting the ground and falls unconscious

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Were there any fixed Victorian style railing fences anywhere near where Bob claims the incident / tracks were found?

If Bob became stuck on a fence, it would explain the trouser rip and the vertical nature, the chin bruise and being unconcious
edit on 12-6-2016 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Well the seelie court faeries are an honorable lot..they always return favor for favor.

The unseelie court likes to scare people silly.

Of course I'm not claiming that the "faerie" were ever actually faeries either.

But how the deception evolves over time is fascinating.

Kev

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

People seem to be more easily hypnotized now...the more realistic sightings are probably far fewer..(with the end of the golden age).

Kev

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So Bob being an honest and stable person---why didn't he just say, "got tripped up in a fence!"

?

And where did the corn starch come from?

Kev
edit on 12-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I agree this doesn't explain the corn starch but in terms of an evidence chain, the rips and bruises are probably the key evidence.

If he was climbing a fence conciously he was probably trespassing. So he lied never wanting his transgression known.

Or he scaled the fence to investigate something odd or to help someone. He was then hypnotised with the UFO version of events.

I don't exactly buy either of these but What I can say is that Bob's injuries and clothing damage are most easily explained by climbing and falling off a railed iron fence.

It's a very clear Occam's razor "style" explaination compared to the more implausible physical craft with sea mines that move with a technically dubious propulsion mechanism.

At that point you either choose to accept the implausible explaination for the evidence becuase you want to believe Bob.

Or Bob trespassed and had to find an explaination for his state.

Or Bob stumbled upon something he shouldn't have seen and was dragged over some sort of fence and messed with to hide what he saw.

Regardless, a simple search for a railed fence near the incident should answer this.

Personally I believe Bob. However, if a railed fence existed in the vicinity I'd have to take the fence option or risk believing in Bob because I need to believe nuts and bolts UFOs are real

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It's a good question.

I'd also like to know about any nearby mundane objects which might have caused the rips.

Bob could certainly have been in an altered state of consciousness and hurt himself in some mundane manner without knowing it.

Kev

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I wonder, is mind control a huge factor in ufology, or is it a get out used by those wishing to detract from those with genuine experiences?

If mind control is a very real and successful technique then it seems likely it was used to cover up the reason for Bob's injuries rather than them being part of a the "play"

I do wonder if Bob stumbled upon someone or something that could not afford to be revealed.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'd say that the "Phenomenon" uses "mind control" 100% of the time (during the actual "genuine" encounters - those 5% or whatever).

Brain washing/mk ultra stuff seems to still be happening sometimes too.

Kev

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Great thread mate and some great research - will link all the other threads to this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Decided to tag along this topic as well.

One theory I find interesting and I haven't seen mentioned here (often) is the Simulation Hypotheses. May seem farfetched for some, but some scientists take it seriously. Building on this theory strange phenomena might as well be glitches in the system or even interventions by the 'administrators'.

Parallel universes and different virtual environments share some common ground as well.

To me, it remains a hypotheses, but with my IT background I regard this as one of the more interesting ones.

Anyone cares to share thoughts?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

Well I've been in IT for 25 years myself.

I've certainly looked at this hypothesis for some time; read it from Nick Bostrom of course.

Now one man's simulation is another man's laws of physics.

I mean, what''s the difference between a "simulation" and a Universe which operates like a "quantum computer", where information is equivalent to "reality".

What's real?

What's not real?

It's really impossible to know whether we are "brains in vats".

The Simulation hypothesis is probably not falsifiable, and whether we are "simulations" in the quantum computer which is the Universe, or brains in vats, it all comes down to the same thing.

Are humans being mentally influenced to perceive things differently than they really are?

That's the question, no matter which end of the simulation hypothesis you favor.

And the jury is out on that question.. but it looks fairly likely, that at least in some circumstances,
such as "high strangeness UFOs" and other paranormal events, that the answer to that is yes.

So the only remaining question, is whether my going to the bathroom or eating a ham sandwich is also a "simulation"?

I don't know. And it doesn't much matter, at least to me.

I consider "reality" whatever that is, to simply be, by definition, the best "simulation".

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Some nice insights there. Reality is the "control system" we're living in. I understood from a Vallee lecture on YouTube that this term also covers less exotic phenomena like wind or rain.

Now, back to the case: I also find the trouser damage very strange. Why upward? If he lost consiousness picking someone up by the upper legs to me just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't it be easier to drag him feet first resulting in downward rips? Balancing is a possibility, but with a ragdoll like body would prove extremely difficult. Maybe some extra arguments for ctj's theory.
edit on 13-6-2016 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Maybe.

But any theory which does not include maize starch is a nonstarter for me.

Kev

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

Were there any fixed Victorian style railing fences anywhere near where Bob claims the incident / tracks were found?

If Bob became stuck on a fence, it would explain the trouser rip and the vertical nature, the chin bruise and being unconcious

The water storage facility is fenced off. But that would mean the incident took part in a different location and you would still wonder why Bob needed to jump the fence.

Maybe he ripped the trouser on his council truck? But that doesn't fit in with the rest of the story and to rip both sides at the hip.

To explain the story with a prosaic explanation we have to give reasons for :

i) What caused Bob to go unconscious, believe he saw a strange craft, smell an acrid smell and feel like he was being lifted by his trousers?

ii) How do we explain the rips in his trousers? (and possibly the marks at the site)

iii) How do we explain the corn starch found on his trousers?

Perhaps he was running an illegal corn starch racket and got roughed up by a rival gang carrying balloons in the forest.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Case solved. First the RFI, now this! You're on fire!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I agree with the upward pull. It makes no sense for someone losing consciousness. His body and head would fall forward.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I have a fever and Its name is more cow bell.

*cough*

I mean, the explanation handles *maize starch* or its a non-starter.

Isn't anyone else fascinated that such an old fashioned, and regional starch was on those pants?

Maize starch is not "corn starch".

I highly doubt it was easily for sale anywhere near the incident.

How did Bob get stuff from Mexico or whatever on his pants suddenly?

Am I wrong?

Any budding global master chefs listening?

Kev

edit on 13-6-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Your meaning it was Maize not wheat? As both could be called corn?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join