It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Assault in Dechmont Woods, Scotland? : Revisiting the Bob Taylor UFO Encounter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Good to know!

Sometimes animals go completely bonkers.
Sometimes animals (or humans) are killed.
Sometimes one is and the other isn't.

(head skritch)

Kev

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The documentary I watched was on YouTube although I don't think it was the Nat geo one because it was longer than 2 years ago.

Yes the Belgian ufo case is a great one. The witness testimony from two police officers who described a large craft in a field with a smaller craft coming back and forth to the larger one blew my mind. If we can't rely on policemen claiming things like that, then what can we rely on?

There are so many good ones, and these are definitely some of the best

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Hi mirageman,

Thanks for another great thread.

This struck me as unusual...

Taylor and his dog made their way into the forest on foot.

The pooch is never mentioned again.

I think that the tears in Bob's trouser-legs are from his dog trying to roust Bob out of an unconscious state.

Has anyone suggested that one before? Probably, if anyone has, it would have been the epilepsy guy.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Yes the dog plays a rather indistinct role in this story. Most versions hardly mention the dog.

The 'ingestion of belladonna theory' mentions that he trouser marks were caused by the dog pawing.

It's a rather long read but the whole theory is here : anomalousculture.blogspot.co.uk...

I'll have to get back to you on any other mentions of the trousers though.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

This is the story of the only UFO case to have ever been the subject of a criminal investigation in the United Kingdom.

I live about 5 Miles away from this area. I also live 10 miles away from one of the Worlds most active UFO hotspots Bonnybridge, Scotland. We see things all the time. But there is an RAF base not too far away from us. Many here now believe these #THINGS are man made. But as always others will rightfully say they are different things. I remember this story being told when I was a kid, my family knew Rab (Robert) or someone in my family knew someone in his family. Strange story. There was also the story of the 2 guys who claimed to have been abducted in the same region in the map below. This is from one of Scotlands better Newspapers below.

MoD took alien abduction of Scots duo seriously, according to secret file
Garry Wood and Colin Wright made headlines across the globe when they revealed their extraordinary story of being taken prisoners by extraterrestrials in a flying saucer as they were driving towards a village in Lanarkshire to deliver a satellite TV system to a friend.

MoD took alien abduction of Scots duo seriously, according to secret file

I am almost in a perfect triangle of the OP story, the Air base, Edinburgh Airport the 2 friends and where I live. I have never been a huge UFO thinker until recently. Off topic kinda here, but research I am doing in places people should not go is showing be USO's seems to be the story. I live South East Scotland, in the map below that body of water is the The Firth of Forth estuary leading to the North Sea and on more than one occassion, as I live very high up a huge hill many of us have seen what seems like a plane hitting the water and on a few occasions things shooting out the water so fast you had to look twice, where I am is as you enter Edinburgh from the Highlands, so I am very high up here. When we call or ask or even come online...NOTHING. I am 2 miles from Edinburgh Airport also.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Hello neighbour! I'm out near Whitburn and born at Bangour, less than a mile from the site. I remember this case as a kid, the area was buzzing with gossip about it. And, everyone seemed to know someone who knew Bob - apparently he was a stand up guy and nobody questioned his recollection of events.

And there were a LOT of sightings in the area around that time, I had one myself as a child. There still are quite a few even today, but nowhere near the scale of that late 70s / early 80s flap. What is it about our crappy little ex-mining towns in this area that UFOs find so endearing? Do they need coal, or paraffin?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shauny

Hey Shauny, I will point out that Kirknewton airfield is for glider training, they pretty much don't leave that area.

And it was in the direction of Bonnybridge where I had my childhood sighting!

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jockstar
a reply to: shauny
Hey Shauny, I will point out that Kirknewton airfield is for glider training, they pretty much don't leave that area.
And it was in the direction of Bonnybridge where I had my childhood sighting!

To be fair it was hard to find the RAF field. Scotland only has 1 now. They fly over and around my sky all the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I think that the tears in Bob's trouser-legs are from his dog trying to roust Bob out of an unconscious state.

The video MM posted goes into detail about the trousers at the 11:50 mark, they still have them so you get a look at actual pants. No mention of the dog, but they did consider several possibilities.

Ive watched several episodes now, excellent series btw

@mirageman

One of the best cases IMHO. Although my friend 111DPKING111 tells me the Belgian UFO wave of 89/90 and the Levelland case are great cases too

This case certainly wins for coolness factor, but as you said, too bad the dog cant talk. I would put Westall, Portage County, Colares, Minot B52, as well as the two you mentioned way ahead of this one. I just got introduced to a Portugalsiting by this same UFO series thats really impressive as well.... but I see you are way ahead of me having already posted in the thread = )

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jockstar What is it about our crappy little ex-mining towns in this area that UFOs find so endearing? Do they need coal, or paraffin?

Perhaps you simply taste great.

BTW: a rather well-known case, it also appears in the FT field guide to extraterrestrials as an example of interaction with machine-like "beings". It may have been a probe of sorts, probably subterranean or terranean, but who's to say..

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
hey shauny and jockstar, good to have some locals

Jockstar, re whitburn, 2 of my old colleagues spotted a ufo right above whitburn academy about 2am one morning along with a taxi driver when they where heading home from the late shift from BT in Bathgate round about 1992-1993 ish. Freaked them right out, big disk just sitting there.

Also Shauny, i think RAF turnhouse still has a few tornados on standby or certaintly did not long ago. May have moved them now due to leuchers getting down manned.

Also i do a bit of travelling with work and many a time i have came in over the firth of forth in a large plane pulling of a steep banking manouvre to land at Edinburgh airport so you might be seeing this now and again shauny. If they abort a landing they can get pretty low and agressive making manouvres for another go. had a few white knuckle rides landing there due to weather a few times

edit on 7-6-2016 by zeetroyman because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: zeetroyman
hey shauny and jockstar, good to have some locals

What are the chances we all drink in the same pub and don't know it?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I've tried to track the official police report on the incident. Somehow Dr. David Clarke got hold of a copy. But I can't find it online.

The best I can do for further information on the trousers is this. Although it is a contemporary source from 1979 and quotes the police officer who conducted the forensic investigation.

Original Source : Flying Saucer Review

It doesn't really support the damage being made by his dog.

Another interesting snip from that report is that both Taylor and his dog lost their appetite for 5 days after the incident.

Make of that what you will.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Yes the UFOs Untold Stories Series was shown here in Europe a couple of years ago. I found it nicely balanced and introduced a lot of interesting cases from Europe. Many cases that we don't hear much about in the Anglosphere.

Stick with it!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Really good interesting read one of the UFO stories I have not heard much about before. Tends to be the case, the stories and events that really hold credible evidence do not get air time or publication really.

Seems to be a running theme here however in the UK of seeing sphere like objects. I myself saw and witnessed a orb light orange globe where I live, close to me and I will always remember it. It left me feeling like I should not have seen it, still to this day I feel oddly lost for memories as to what I exactly saw.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Thanks very much for hunting down those bits. I really love the part about the cornstarch.

Say, how cold do you suppose it is at 10:30 on a November morning around Dechmont Woods?

ETA: I went and checked it out and it's pretty cold there, in November it might have been about 6 degrees Celsius. Anyhow, I thought that it was interesting that Bob seemed to favor longish field jackets and wondered about the tears; it seems that the tears on the outer thighs would have been just below the hem of a longish field jacket.

Thanks again for sharing the story, it's a really good one.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Aquatic motifs are always interesting.

People often say that "contactees" see what they want to see.

I wonder if Mr Taylor was a lover of all things nautical?

Hard to say, but quite possibly not.

Kev

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Say, how cold do you suppose it is at 10:30 on a November morning around Dechmont Woods?

According to the records from nearby Edinburgh Airport it was as low as -2°C and never topped 5°C.

It also snowed later that day and then two days later.. Source : en.tutiempo.net...

Although our Scottish pals may be able to confirm that better than me.

The corn starch is yet another odd part of the story.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Yes I can't really fathom out (see what I did there
) why anyone would build a craft with little propellers on a flange around it and have something resembling old sea mines as probes.

I don't know... could it have been the water storage dome?

I just can't see it myself. Too many other things to explain.
edit on 8/6/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Definitely

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join