It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing God role

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thanks for your great reply.

To know thyself is not a solution
a reply to: Itisnowagain
to be more precise one could say its a beggining and then one would have to clarify what is the self? as we all have different views of what a word means. Let us say just for the want of working on the original post. That the self is every single thing that is observed. There has to be a moment when we realize this is not our true self. Now that is what I call a solution to the current running belief system. This is sometimes called a realization, I am sure that to be where "you" are now "you" have passed a few of those? Even if there is no "you" now, I would hesitate a guess that there was a delusion of "you" at sometime. Please notice that all of those you's where ficticious to some extent.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder

You are not God, nor can one produce
an alternative for God, The great delusion is
to believe you can or need to do anything.
Birds are birds, cats are cats and dogs are dogs.
None of them are trying to be God.
Only Humans, gives that one a go.
Normally that is to position oneself
in a higher spot than others.
Other times an attempt at magic.
A mixture of self-admiration and delusion
creates the strangest illusions.
To know thy self.
is our only true solution.
Something that is always available,
if your keen and able.

Yet, our creator left within us that Godly spark and the spirit and the unbridled mind and heart to question the meaning of life, to question creation, and to question all that is, including the illusion/alternative reality paradox. We are also taught that we may take our place next to the creator, if we desire. Knowing yourself will always be limited if you impose self-limiting philosophies.
edit on 5-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Let us say just for the want of working on the original post. That the self is every single thing that is observed. There has to be a moment when we realize this is not our true self.

The self is what is happening - what is happening is not made of 'things'. It is a seamless happening.
If there is a 'belief system' - it's the belief that there is a separate you - the belief in a separate you makes believe there is something to find or some thing to become. You can then play hide and seek with yourself (your self - makes two).
There is no 'your self' - there is only the self.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Yet, our creator left within us that Godly spark and the spirit and the unbridled mind and heart to question the meaning of life, to question creation, and to question all that is, including the illusion/alternative reality paradox. We are also taught that we may take our place next to the creator, if we desire. Knowing yourself will always be limited if you impose self-limiting philosophies.
a reply to: InTheLight
IFyou impose self limiting philosophies, yes if you go back to my OP you will see I have imposed no limits in connecting with God or being with God. Its more about falsifications. I will use this example, if a man says I have a lovely woman at home and you a woman go around to meet her. There sitting at the table is a plastic blow up doll and you say to the man this is nothing like a woman. He all offended says but of course she is I love her so much. We could say the real thing is available, but if you continue in that manner. You will find no woman would even consider you.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The self is what is happening - what is happening is not made of 'things'. It is a seamless happening. If there is a 'belief system' - it's the belief that there is a separate you - the belief in a separate you makes believe there is something to find or some thing to become. You can then play hide and seek with yourself (your self - makes two). There is no 'your self' - there is only the self.
I know where you are comming from and that is good. So all that is happening is you call "the self". So if you know all that is happening? You will also know that beliefs are happening. Why because its seamless. One eye can see another eye! without talking about seperation.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight
IFyou impose self limiting philosophies, yes if you go back to my OP you will see I have imposed no limits in connecting with God or being with God. Its more about falsifications. I will use this example, if a man says I have a lovely woman at home and you a woman go around to meet her. There sitting at the table is a plastic blow up doll and you say to the man this is nothing like a woman. He all offended says but of course she is I love her so much. We could say the real thing is available, but if you continue in that manner. You will find no woman would even consider you.

The man has limited himself to believing the blow up doll was a woman. By him keeping a closed mind he then becomes offended. Love is blind in this case.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Exactly nothing like the real thing!a reply to: InTheLight

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Exactly nothing like the real thing!a reply to: InTheLight

I have never experienced true love or otherwise with a blow up doll, so I may have much to learn.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The self is what is happening - what is happening is not made of 'things'. It is a seamless happening. If there is a 'belief system' - it's the belief that there is a separate you - the belief in a separate you makes believe there is something to find or some thing to become. You can then play hide and seek with yourself (your self - makes two). There is no 'your self' - there is only the self.
So all that is happening is you call "the self".

There is nothing other than what is happening - what is happening can arise as belief.
I do not call anything anything because I am not happening - words are happening, reading and writing are happening - everything is happening except me!! Me is a belief that happens.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

IFyou impose self limiting philosophies, yes if you go back to my OP you will see I have imposed no limits in connecting with God or being with God.

If there is an idea that 'you' can connect or be with God - that is a limitation in itself.
God will never be found or connected with because God is all there is!!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

IFyou impose self limiting philosophies, yes if you go back to my OP you will see I have imposed no limits in connecting with God or being with God.

If there is an idea that 'you' can connect or be with God - that is a limitation in itself.

A limiting philosophy can be applied to your 'all there is' belief as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

What would limit it??
And what would it limit?
edit on 5-6-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

What would limit it??
And what would it limit?

It is limiting by denying the reality of consciousness creating physical form or form creating consciousness, rather than there being a God which is the all. We may be gods and limit ourselves to believe we are not.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It is limiting by denying the reality of consciousness creating physical form or form creating consciousness, rather than there being a God which is the all. We may be gods and limit ourselves to believe we are not.

The father and son are one - they arise as one seamless happening. What there is is what there is - nothing to compare with anything other.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The father and son are one - they arise as one seamless happening. What there is is what there is - nothing to compare with anything other.

What there is, is subjective, unproven, so opens the doors of musing.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

There is only ever this - which is happening.
No words can speak this - nothing to be analysed.

This that is happening needs no proof.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I need to recognize it as my truth, my reality and only I can do that.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

But nothing is 'yours'.
There is just what is happening.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I could mirror on on here, an idea is limited to begin with that is why it is called an idea. Then the ideas that appear all are fruit of limited perceptions. Does that mean they have to be aborted? If that is all they are, then all is good as they drop. a reply to: Itisnowagain

edit on 5-6-2016 by ancientthunder because: missing line

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No - 'you' can't. No one can because there isn't anyone - there is only ever what is happening.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join