It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
Also, this transsexual is biologically a male. I have every right to call this transsexual a "he". It should not be considered an insult, it is something this person must accept. I shouldn't have to change facts, and lie, and call a biologically male human a female or a she, because that would be an outright lie.

Not really. If a woman has the hormones, genitalia, secondary sexual characteristics, and appearance of a female but the chromosomes that are most common with cisgender men, how is that not a "biological woman"?

Even biologically, a transitioned transwoman is a woman. If most biological markers point to one gender, then isn't that what it means?

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
So why am I a "tremendously large gaping asshat" exacly? Because I stated the truth, a fact?

So was I.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

See, this is the problem kids are easily influenced.

Then where do we draw the lines and how do we know whats fantasy and what isnt?

My parents would tell me if i was acting out of line and how to correct it now its like theres no more boundaries.

Do we just stop disciplining the kids, at what point we do discipline?

When do we know that their just playing a game for attention, when do we know if they are misguided?

You guys really think this is a simple issue that we should be moving on without more research and information, you really think this issue isnt complex and that children can understand it?

I DONT UNDERSTAND IT HOW IS A 5 YEAR OLD GOING TO UNDERSTAND
edit on 6/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
You do realize both of your sources are from recognized hate groups? It figures.

Ironic how you, and some others want to label anyone who does not conform to your preferred lifestyle as being "a hate group"...

I am guessing your labeling of hate groups comes from the Southern Poverty Law Center...the same type of far left group that has labeled all right wing as "possible extremists/possible terrorists"...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Even biologically, a transitioned transwoman is a woman. If most biological markers point to one gender, then isn't that what it means?

Have you ever compete in sports?

Do you know why there's a mens and womens division in college and professional sports?

There's a big difference between men and women both in the way they think and act and their biology.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Do we just stop disciplining the kids, at what point we do discipline?

You would discipline a young child for expressing a gender opposite of their physical body?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Funny how you single out that question but dont answer the ones before and after..

stop trying to push your agenda i find it annoying.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Do you know why there's a mens and womens division in college and professional sports?

There's a big difference between men and women both in the way they think and act and their biology.

You do know transgenders are allowed to compete in the Olympics, don't you?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Funny how you single out that question but dont answer the ones before and after..

stop trying to push your agenda i find it annoying.

You don't think that is a fair question?

You brought it up.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

why dont you stop pushing your agenda and respond to the entire post.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

you do realize i was a professional athlete and clearly know the difference between what men and women are capable of and why there and separate divisions right?

i dont care what the olympics do.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

why dont you stop pushing your agenda and respond to the entire post.

It was a question. I don't understand why it upsets you.

Do I think its simple to let a kid express themselves? Yes.

I discipline for not having good manners, being rude, lying, etc.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Absolutely. Which is why transwomen don't compete with men.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

how do you know the difference between a kids fantasy or an imitation and reality?

whats your idea of rude and whats lying to you?

also, what social construct are you following that defines rude?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Parents should always be the primary educators, at least in the early years of a child's life. It doesn't matter a lick whether someone thinks parents may not be instilling the "proper" values in their children; it's not your place to say or your place to try and remedy it.

The state acting as primary educator is dangerous, unnatural, and absurd. We're certainly seeing trends move in that direction, with parents being less willing to instruct their children about life and the art of living, and more willing to dump them into someone else's hands to take care of it for them. With both parents working in most households, it's also the most expedient and feasible solution, terrible solution though it is.

Some of the posts in this thread are verging on dystopian. Apparently, the options of child-seizing and state-rearing are not off the table when the kids aren't being inculcated properly.

As an aside---- how glad I am that my parents almost never, under any circumstances, discussed politics or "social issues" with me. A kid's life should be free of that ruinous filth for as long as possible.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I think your BS really starts breaking down under intense scrutiny.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

how do you know the difference between a kids fantasy or an imitation and reality?

I let it play out. I don't make any issue of it.

I tell him how creative he is. I tell him he makes me laugh.

He has put on a dress, but he makes it clear to us he is a boy.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I think your BS really starts breaking down under intense scrutiny.

I'm being as straight forward as I can.

I don't understand your angst.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Really.. so for example.. your child starts acting out fantasies of them killing someone else or themselves

you just let that play out or you start taking a second look at it and get a professional involved?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Really.. so for example.. your child starts acting out fantasies of them killing someone else or themselves

you just let that play out or you start taking a second look at it and get a professional involved?

I'm going through that right now.

I tell him killing or harming something is Negative. You need to replace it with something positive. Then he tells me the same thing with a positive. Water balloons instead of bombs. Follow through, repeat, re-enforce.

I use old fashion manners and whatever you say in a negative way, you can say in a positive way.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

why not teach your kids that there is no social construct for being rude and let them develop their own ideas of what rude means?

wheres the consistency in your ideas?

whats the difference between your child fixating on suicide and fixating on a gender change?

How do you know when to call a spade a spade and when theres actually nothing wrong this is the way it is?

Do you really have any answers for those questions or are you just parroting so extreme left logic?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join