It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Freija

We shouldn't care or make fun of how people express themselves because we're all just people regardless of how we look or act. It seems pretty innocent to me?

Why does it have to go beyond that? Please explain that to me?

The things you've said do make common sense and I agree with you. Unfortunately, common sense these days is sorely lacking in some and for those that don't share these progressive attitudes, where are children going to learn this tolerance and acceptance when it doesn't come from home? The "grapevine"? Yeah, that's an accurate source.

This I totally agree with.

Really want answers to this one.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Hell I don't even understand it...

Let's be real.

What's funny is half the SJW's in this thread said the exact same thing no more than 6 months ago, but they're a bunch of experts now.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Hell I don't even understand it...

Let's be real.

What's funny is half the SJW's in this thread said the exact same thing no more than 6 months ago, but they're a bunch of experts now.

So... what you are saying is that people who take the time to learn about something ends up understanding it better than those who refuse to?

Mind. Blown.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
totally whacked out

thank god my youngest is 10, he should escape this nonsense

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe there should be 2 schools - one that teaches existing subjects like 2 + 2 = 4, concieve is spelled conceive and Tashkent is the capital of Uzbekistan. The other school can teach all the new subjects like gender identity, how to protest the loudest, what constitutes a safe space, why everyones opinion is not equal and how to disguise intolerance as tolerance.

Then we can let the parents decide which school to send their children to.

After all, applying subtle changes to the existing US government sanctioned educayshun curriculum by special interest groups has consequences - for all effected parties. Anyone denying or surprised by that is deluded.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
db
edit on 4-6-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
After giving this a bit of thought, I say go for it. In fact, I think it should be required that the class only be taught by a transgender person.

This little social experiment won't get far, trust me.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Maybe there should be 2 schools - one that teaches existing subjects like 2 + 2 = 4, concieve is spelled conceive and Tashkent is the capital of Uzbekistan. The other school can teach all the new subjects like gender identity, how to protest the loudest, what constitutes a safe space, why everyones opinion is not equal and how to disguise intolerance as tolerance.

Then we can let the parents decide which school to send their children to.

After all, applying subtle changes to the existing US government sanctioned educayshun curriculum by special interest groups has consequences - for all effected parties. Anyone denying or surprised by that is deluded.

I do agree with what you said, just wanted to add that they actually already have something of the sort. They are called "Alternative" schools.

National Dropout Prevention Website

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Why does it have to go beyond that? Please explain that to me?

Really want answers to this one.

It really doesn't have to go further than this but when Johnny starts second grade as Jane, what are you supposed to say to kids? Most children don't have a problem with this without anybody saying anything but there are those that are going to to home and tell their parents that then turn the whole thing into a flustercluck of ignorance and fear. A little knowledge goes a long way and if kids aren't taught in school that people come in all different shapes, sizes, flavors and genders, there's no assurance they're going to learn these things at home.

Take a look at a thread I authored back in December: Community rallies behind 6-year-old transgender girl. Look at the way it made people's heads explode and how an out of state, right wing conservative religious fundamentalist group got involved. Look at who is behind all the fuss in the OP.

This is the typical reaction from the uninformed and those with an agenda of fear and intolerance. You've got to put yourself in the place of the parents of one of these thousands of transgender kids to see why information and education is so important when it comes to this stuff. Transgender kids don't want to be special or stand out. They just want to fit in like every other kid does and have the same social and educational experiences and opportunities.

I've already posted this video in another thread but here's a 15 y/o transgender girl that transitioned in the 2nd grade. She's now in high school and has decided to stop hiding so that she can help others understand. Thinking that little kids are incapable of knowing what gender they are or that other kids are incapable of understanding why Johnny is now Jane is a fallacy. Trans kids are a fact of life these days and I would prefer information about them come from responsible sources rather than from the street or from their parents own misconceptions and prejudices.

I don't have all the answers on this and yes, obviously, have my own biases which I've always been completely up front about. The only reason I came back to ATS after being banned was to advocate for transgender kids because who's better to do that than someone that was one? Making things less difficult for transgender children is all I hope to achieve participating in these threads and the more I can help adults understand these things, the better chance they will pass this understanding and acceptance down to their own children when there is no other place to learn about these things.

originally posted by: Bone75
After giving this a bit of thought, I say go for it. In fact, I think it should be required that the class only be taught by a transgender person.

This little social experiment won't get far, trust me.

There are transgender youth, adults and organizations all across the country speaking to students about these things. Don't you think girls like in the video or someone like Jazz Jennings or Nicole Maines are doing everything they can to promote awareness and understanding? Your snarky little comment shows just how little you know. Program note: Season 2 of "I am Jazz" premieres Wednesday on TLC.

edit on 6/4/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

My mind is blown.

Honestly I need to read about how other modern cultures are addressing this issue before I can continue and collect more data because this is breaking my mind.
edit on 6/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So basically, we open the can of worms because you are pretty sure there will be problems.

So it goes like this.

Johnny is a normal kid but one fall he comes back horribly disfigured and the other kids make fun of him. It causes him all kinds of upset despite his teachers' and parents' best efforts to tell all the other little boys and girls that Johnny can't help how he looks because he was caught in a fire and received third degree burns that disfigured him and now looks like this:

So do you think that just to prevent more Johnnys, we should have special curriculum set aside to teach little boys and girls about third degree burns and how they can scar a person and make them look different?

You know ... because we wouldn't want someone to get hurt because of the ignorance of others.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Honestly I don't think that was the right way to go about that but I get your point.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break you mind but if there is some way I can help with your research, please let me know.

Some links you might start with:

Mental Health of Transgender Children Who Are Supported in Their Identities

Transgender Kids Show Consistent Gender Identity Across Measures

The End of the Desistance Myth

What Alarmist Articles About Transgender Children Get Wrong?

You might want to visit the resources at Gender Spectrum, an organization that I support and am involved with helping transgender and gender diverse children and their parents as well as educators and professionals.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I understand adults wanting to change gender I'm fine with that but children need proper guidance.

How do you determine when a child is acting out for attention and actually identifying as a male in a female body?

How do we know that at such a young age they know the difference?

How do you know that some of them are not schizophrenics?

Children have to be guided and disciplined and taught how the world works how do you know when your child needs guidance and when your child is actually transgender?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So basically, we open the can of worms because you are pretty sure there will be problems.

So it goes like this.

Johnny is a normal kid but one fall he comes back horribly disfigured and the other kids make fun of him. It causes him all kinds of upset despite his teachers' and parents' best efforts to tell all the other little boys and girls that Johnny can't help how he looks because he was caught in a fire and received third degree burns that disfigured him and now looks like this:

So do you think that just to prevent more Johnnys, we should have special curriculum set aside to teach little boys and girls about third degree burns and how they can scar a person and make them look different?

You know ... because we wouldn't want someone to get hurt because of the ignorance of others.

Aside from the rather obvious sensationalism of your post ... and the fact that you would use a child who has been so obviously and significantly harmed for a stilted political argument, perhaps you'll be kind enough (/retch) to point out how being the victim of a horrible accident is the same as having a gender identity (which I assume, you have as well.)

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm disgusted that was even brought up.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'm disgusted that was even brought up.

On this, we agree.

People make me wonder sometimes.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I'm more interested in having my questions answered...

How the hell do we know whats going on in a childs mind at 5 as a parent if they decide they are the opposite sex?

Whats the proper way to handle that situation and were do we draw the line between allowing them to think and do whatever they want and instilling discipline and common sense?

The lines are really starting to blur lately.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
Freija is an admitted transsexual. Obviously HE supports this.

Ooo! Misgendering. Is that all you got? I'm so crushed.

originally posted by: Abysha
Are there pronouns for tremendously large gaping asshats? I just want to know how to properly refer to you.

That right there is what is wrong with this world.

I simply stated facts. I simply referred to someone for what they openly are, a transsexual. It should not be considered an insult. They are openly transsexual, so I can openly state that. I shouldn't be attacked for stating facts.

Also, this transsexual is biologically a male. I have every right to call this transsexual a "he". It should not be considered an insult, it is something this person must accept. I shouldn't have to change facts, and lie, and call a biologically male human a female or a she, because that would be an outright lie.

So why am I a "tremendously large gaping asshat" exacly? Because I stated the truth, a fact? Good one, you have successfully called someone an asshat for speaking the truth. That is so backwards its unbelievable. Are there pronouns for being a tremendously large gaping ignoramus?

Hey I have an idea, lets teach our children about these liars, and sensitive PC people who obviously have some gigantic mental health problems if they are uncomfortable being referred to as something they actually are. Lets teach them it is perfectly healthy and acceptable to insult people for telling the truth..... ... .. . .

edit on 4-6-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

And the far left indoctrination becomes the norm... These Marxists have known for a long time that children's minds can be malleable if indoctrinated, and that's what these Marxists want.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join