It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO is worried about possible nuclear terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

TEPCO is worried about possible nuclear terrorism, and won’t allow us to film certain security sites.

MARK WILLACY: For the first time, Foreign Correspondent can reveal just how vast the amount of melted nuclear fuel is, the three molten blobs that lie somewhere deep within each of these buildings.

NAOHIRO MASUDA: It’s estimated that 200 tonnes of debris lies within each unit so in total about 600 tonnes of melted debris fuel and a mixture of concrete and other metals are likely to be here.
Link

Five years after the Fukushima tragedy, the exact location of the highly radioactive “runaway” fuel remains mystery for TEPCO. The absolutely uncontrollable fission of the melted nuclear fuel assemblies continue somewhere under the remains of the station.
600 tons of melted radioactive Fukushima fuel still not found, clean-up chief reveals

I have a question for some of the 'debunkers':

Why would TEPCO be worried about possible nuclear terrorism at Fukushima Daiichi if it's not a dangerous situation?

Yet experts doubt the present state of technology is sufficient to deal with the unprecedented technical task.

That's the main point here. All the wars and the bickering should stop and humanity should come together to focus on the Fukushima disaster. It won't happen because humanity isn't sane.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Let's think about an hypothetical case of one of those regular ISIS low IQ agent (the elite), after he bypassed all security layers, get access to the crippled reactors, then use a spoon to collect some highly radioactive materials in the hope to irradiate "the infidels"... Guess how far he's going to go when bringing back his precious radioactive soup while dreaming of the multiples waiting virgins...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I thought Fukushima was still radiating the ocean, all ISIS would have to do is get on a boat and bottle up some 100% Pacific radioactive water!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I thought Fukushima was still radiating the ocean, all ISIS would have to do is get on a boat and bottle up some 100% Pacific radioactive water!

Well yes but remember the Pacific Ocean have a volume of water of about 161,760,000 km^2, this is what I call a nice dilution factor...

edit on 2016-6-4 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly
Yes you are correct, and that's if your in the middle of the Pacific.
I'm very sure the radioactive water is much more potent closer to shore...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I'm very sure the radioactive water is much more potent closer to shore...

Why?

ETA:

But I'm OK to allow you a special "hypothetical" biomagnification bonus of 1000x along the shore if you are OK at calculating for me the resulting Becquerel per m^3 activity of this special water along shore.

edit on 2016-6-4 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

Well yes but remember the Pacific Ocean have a volume of water of about 161,760,000 km^2, this is what I call a nice dilution factor...

sure, if your cordial.

but this is radioactive water we are talking about. That has been leaking for several years now.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

but this is radioactive water we are talking about. That has been leaking for several years now.

Yes, and please don't ever think I defend this release and I assure you I am not on TepCo shill payroll. But if we go past all the emotions, what is the total release in Bq over the years? How much Bq/m^3 does it give?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hmm, think I'll call up the Yamaguchi Yakuza for a job, but then again, I'm not a terrorist so maybe I won't get hired at 200 USD a day.

The fact of it is, the 40,000 or more workers currently doing the cleanup, (keep in mind, this figure is all those nation wide helping out) are going to run into some problems in the future, just like the Vietnam Veterans did that worked with Agent Orange.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Here my calculations:

Pacific Ocean water volume= 660,000,000 km^3 = 660E15 m^3

Estimated total release [en.wikipedia.org...]

640E15 Bq

Giving ~0.97 Bq/m^3 of water.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
i think the terrorism they are worried about is more of a concern that a terrorist suicide bomber or the like could further wreck the structure, as they say in the video if all the reactors went into meltdown atleast half if not all of japan would be destroyed.

also they say they still have not yet located the actual melted fuel, they hope to do so as soon as possible but they have to work around the compromised structure enough as it is, a terrorist bombing what remains of those structures would only further delay that effort, the longer it takes the more damage will be done to their ecosystem.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Actually it is very very difficult to enter the premises. About 20 some mile away there are road blocks everywhere leading into the area, so if someone wanted to do some damage they'd have to go though the mountains and rough terrain to get there and they better look like they are Japanese.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

I'll give you a cookie if you go swimming near the Fukushima nuclear power plant, afterwards you can tell me your theory on the density of radioactivity. I like to see real world data.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I'll give you a cookie if you go swimming near the Fukushima nuclear power plant, afterwards you can tell me your theory on the density of radioactivity. I like to see real world data.

So to speak, my calculations and data are of no value and we shall accept any speculations like facts. Well, OK then... Next time an engineer build a structure, go ahead, tell him he can forget his lame calculations and put his tumb in the wind instead to guess the max stresse materials can endure before breaking since "theorical" calculations are of no value.

If you are so inclined to real world data, then why don't you get a Geiger counter and check the activity of some sample of that Pacific Ocean water? I'm sure that will never happen, since your ego will never allow to put to the test these fantasies your mind take for fact...

top topics

join