It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A warning for Christians.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
For me, I can't imagine a single day of not leaning on Jesus for guidance and protection. I'm far from sinless and perfect but I know in my heart I'm am His child.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
You can't leave God out of the picture and pretend you follow the words of Christ. I am not saying you should be a Christian, but don't fool yourself and think you can be a righteous Atheist.

I strongly disagree.

As an agnostic, I am on the fence about whether God does or does not exist. Jesus, on the other hand, I am confident in my belief that he did exist and was a good person. From what I have read about his existence, and putting aside the claims of divinity, he was a kind, righteous and compassionate person.

Remember that atheists are only defined by their lack of a belief in a deity, nothing more. Yes, some of them are militantly anti-theist and anti-religion, but this does not make them morally bankrupt.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What about baptism?

Mark 16:16

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

So Jesus is saying belief leads one to baptism and those who don't believe and get baptized are condemned.

So belief itself is not true unless it leads to baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Not death on the cross. Bathing in the blood of the Lamb? Gross.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Original sin is a myth. You aren't born a sinner, you become one. The whole Eden story is a myth with meaning. Any literal interpretation of it is pointless.

And grace is equally a myth. You have to follow the teachings of Christ. They are not hard either.

Are you a JW, Believer priest?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

NOTICE: These are things I've learned in my time away from ATS, I'm sharing this not to debate, but for my fellow Christians who are still here, and others who are interested in becoming a Christian. Say what you want, I don't care, this is nothing but pure observation from my perspective.

Thanks for the memo!!
I wanted a good place to post the things that I've learned in your time away from ATS!
This is the perfect opening, and I appreciate the introduction!!!!

So. Here we go:

"From God's Perspective"

The books you think I wrote are way too thick.
Who needs a thousand metaphors to figure out you shouldn't be a dick?
And I don't watch you when you sleep.
Surprisingly I don't use my omnipotence to be a #ing creep

You're not going to heaven
Why the # would you think I'd ever kick it with you?
None of you are going to heaven
There's a trillion aliens cooler than you

You shouldn't abstain from rape just 'cause you think that I want you to
You shouldn't rape 'cause rape is a #ed up thing to do
(Pretty obvious, just don't #ing rape people, please, didn't think I had to write that one down for you)

I don't think masturbation is obscene
It's absolutely natural and the weirdest #ing thing I've ever seen
You make my job a living hell and I sent gays to fix overpopulation
And boy did that go well

You're not going to heaven
Eat a thousand crackers sing a million hymns
None of you are going to heaven
You're not my children
You're a bad game of Sims

You shouldn't abstain from pork just 'cause you think that I want you to
You can eat pork 'cause why the # would I give a #?
(I created the universe, think I'd draw the line at the #ing deli aisle?)

You argue and you bicker and you fight
Atheists and Catholics, Jews and Hindus argue day and night
Over what they think is true
But no one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you

You pray so badly for heaven
Knowing any day might be the day that you die
But maybe life on earth could be heaven
Doesn't just the thought of it make it worth a try

[2x]
My love's the type of thing that you have to earn
And when you earn it you won't need it

I'm not gonna give you love just 'cause I know that you want me to
If you want love then the love's gonna come from you

Whadya think guys?
(should I make a new thread?)
edit on 6/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

but don't fool yourself and think you can be a righteous Atheist.

How about a righteous agnostic?

definition: righteous
adjective 1.morally right or justifiable.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

seek my Salvation with fear and trembling the better.

I thought you were already saved? Furthermore why is this book called holy where fear and trembling is the order of the day. What loving god needs submissive piety. This god sounds anti-human.

"Yeah I will revisit and punish you for ever for the sins of Adam. I am a righteous but unfair god, I am also jealous zealous and give preferential treatment to my chosen xenophobic racist children called Israel. In case that doesn't work I will send my pre-existing 3 in one god/son jesus; Just in case you didn't listen the first time, and then I will let you off the hook once I let evil loose again to permit the crusifixion. I am the same before now and for evermore. But I will repent and forgive you if say the right words."

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

And there is a certain intolerance too from people who see any criticism as "hate" when it isn't. If you take one too many drinks and I tell you as much, I am not being absolutely intolerant and hateful of drinking.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

You don't need fear and trembling, merely abject humility. Approach God like a child.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't think anyone said that.

You can be good to others in the earthly realm, but there are two realms: earthly/material and spiritual. Good in one does not equate to good in the other.

Spit on God all you want and glad hand treat others with here with dignity and respect, but this life is simply an eye-blink of existence. It is good to make this world a better place, none of us deny that, but the material is transitory and the spiritual comes next. What do you do for that?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think anyone said that.

The poster that I quoted did indeed say that, and it seems to be a popular sentiment among certain religious folk....."There is no morality without God"

You can be good to others in the earthly realm, but there are two realms: earthly/material and spiritual. Good in one does not equate to good in the other.

As above, so below. "On Earth as it is in Heaven." For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you"

but the material is transitory and the spiritual comes next.

The "spiritual" is now, and always has been. The "spirit is eternal."

What do you do for that?

Live in the moment.

edit on 4-6-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I just want to say that atheists can be and many are righteous.

And Christians can be and many are not righteous.

The torture and murder of a righteous man is what Christians rely on for salvation.

Not what he actually taught while he was alive.

How is benefiting off human sacrifice righteous?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

I just want to say that atheists can be and many are righteous.

Repent for this is a lie. Are you aware of what it says happens to those who add to or take away the teachings of God's word?

NEXT

What EXACTLY does righteous mean in biblical terms?

Definition of Righteousness in the Bible -Righteousness is the state of moral perfection required by God to enter heaven.

However, the Bible clearly states that human beings cannot achieve righteousness through their own efforts: "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin." (Romans 3:20, NIV).

So atheist can not be, achieve or become CONSCIOUS of their sin.

I saw other statements you made about sin.....

You are walking on egg shells and IF you are a Christian then I should not have to remind you of these things.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You do realize that you are literally repeating yourself? These threads don't just disappear. Every thread you and every other member has posted talking about the same message from the same book using the exact same lines over and over and over again are still there. You know what that means? That means this thread is redundant to the point of ridiculous. So really, I have no choice but to conclude that this is an attention seeking exercise. It's not about saving souls, it's about watching you prove how good a Christian you are for trying to save souls via conspiracy forums. That's a new one - oh wait, no it isn't.
edit on 4-6-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

A lot of the information is repeated, but there are new pieces of information here and there to support some of my previously unsupported conclusions.

Why do you make it your business to listen to broken records? I'm sure you have something more constructive to do.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Here is the summary.

In summary, read 2 Timothy 2:11-13.

11 It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him. 12 If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us; 13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

Why am I telling you this? Because the Lord has shown me how much we have to lose. Eternity is not as simple as spiritual regeneration. We have responsibilities to live up to in order to properly Glorify Christ for the Father’s Glory. If I where to withhold this vital information, I would by guilty of neglecting my brothers and sisters in Christ. I would want them to do the same for me.

Luke 12:42 “Who then is the faithful and sensible steward, whom his master will put in charge of his servants, to give them their rations at the proper time? 43 “Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. 44 “Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 “But if that slave says in his heart, ‘My master will be a long time in coming,’ and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk; 46 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers. 47 “And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, 48 but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

For a wealth of information on these subjects, visit:
bibleone.net...

Jude 1:24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Lyrics
Sometimes is never quite enough
If you're flawless then you'll win my love
Don't forget to win first place
Don't forget to keep that smile on your face

Be a good boy try a little harder
You've got to measure up make me prouder

How long before you screw it up
How many times do I have to tell you to hurry up
With everything I do for you
The least you can do is keep quiet

Be a good girl you've gotta try a little harder
That simply wasn't good enough to make us proud

I'll live through you, I'll make you what I never was
If you're the best then maybe so am I
Compared to him, compared to her
I'm doing this for your own damn good
You'll make up for what I blew
What's the problem, why are you crying?

Be a good boy push a little farther now
That wasn't fast enough to make us happy
We'll love you just the way you are if you're perfect

edit on 6/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: lyric correction

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

So no discussion allowed unless a christian.
Sounds like you are just preaching then a no no on ats.

Absolutely! What is the opposite of a star? How can this preachy crap be reported?

How can sharing a thought, a message, a belief be hurtful to anyone? No one needs to read it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

You do realize that you are literally repeating yourself? These threads don't just disappear. Every thread you and every other member has posted talking about the same message from the same book using the exact same lines over and over and over again are still there. You know what that means? That means this thread is redundant to the point of ridiculous. So really, I have no choice but to conclude that this is an attention seeking exercise. It's not about saving souls, it's about watching you prove how good a Christian you are for trying to save souls via conspiracy forums. That's a new one - oh wait, no it isn't.

The same can be said of every single subject on ATS over the years. See a subject, search you will find it repeated year after year! Some people don't mind a subject being brought up again like watching a movie you like a few times a year. Anyone who doesn't like that can simply avoid it am I right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join