It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border wall(fence) has been partially built for years now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Annee

Which could easily be stopped.

If the powers that be wanted too.

But a certain party that leans left just wants to make some instant voters to pad their base.

I lived on the border.

I actually know how much effort and change has happened over the years.

YOU read Right Wing Rags.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Locks won't stop a determined person from breaking in. The same goes for walls and fences. That said, they can make entry that much more difficult.

It can slow ingress, and give Border Patrol more time to intercept.

Of course, that is only if Border Patrol is actually allowed to do their job...

It's funny, I was just reading an article where Clinton states, "[w]e are not a country that cowers behind walls."

Yet per the OP's information she voted yes on the The Secure Fence Act of 2006 which purpose is "to help secure America’s borders to decrease illegal entry, drug trafficking, and security threats by building 700 miles (1,100 km) of physical barriers along the Mexico-United States border."

Good post OP.

edit on 4-6-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Clearly didn't read that link.

Your link is irrelevant.

After that what happens NEXT is on them.

So you advocate discharging firearms at anyone who crosses the border illegally?

Like I said, I am not mental, so I do not advocate shooting unarmed people.

Well that was rather trollish.

So does American LAW matter or not ?

Just ignore it.

And IGNORE the absolute crap that comes along with it LIKE:

Illegal immigrant held in rape, murder of California woman was on probation

And 'I' am the mental one according to Augustus.

Nah that dog don't hunt.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Didn't know the GAO was 'right wing'

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Really now. apples to rutabagas!

What ever.

Awww, poor wittle Neo, he cannot argue the topic so he gets all 'whatevs!'. If you cannot tell the difference between a 1500 mile long border with little to no patrolling and where people do not shoot to kill and the White House you may need to take a deeper look at your education and how you happen to apply it in your daily life.

Wanna try again ?

Why would I need to try? You are the one who throws out crime statistics when we are discussing the efficacy of building fixed fortifications. Maybe I can post the spot price of gold and say, 'A-ha! That proves my point! Gold is up and so is the wall!'

You make as little sense as your fantasy wall.

Those crime statistics is pretty big reason people want a wall.

The wall will not prevent cartels from doing what they are already doing now with the current wall. For a so called Conservative you seem to want to throw more bad more after the s*** ton that has already been wasted. You are as bad as the Liberals with your wasteful spending predilections.

I want the LAWS of this country faithful executed, and OBEYED, and those people.

ILLEGAL immigrants who think they are above such trival things as our LAWS.

Be taken to task like EVERY OTHER Criminal in this country.

So how do you want them to be taken to task? You are notoriously short on details and very high on platitudes. Spell it out for us Captain 'Conservative'.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am just curious about what is the percentage of illegal immigrants here that simply over stayed their visa and how does a wall fix that?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I hope he builds it 30' high so I can invest in companies that make 31' ladders.

This is my favorite perspective to debunk.

The reason why it's such a problem is because THEY KNOW that we have no border defense and with a social security number and a baby they can get all the social welfare benefit they want while working under the table.

In some states thats 100k a year if you 10-12 hours an hour and work overtime.

"go to America you can make 100k a year for free and they will pay for everything"

Sounds like a great incentive to me. We need to remove the incentives and less people will come.

Quite true.And Obama remarks basically was an invitation.
4 more years of the same democratic/Pc Bs would destroy this country.At least Trump is aware of the problem.Give him that.
edit on CDTSatpm6161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And 'I' am the mental one according to Augustus.

Anyone who advocates for shooting unarmed people is a bit mental. And by 'a bit' I mean by a serious amount.

When you figure out we are not talking about crime statistics and about the efficacy of building fixed fortifications let me know. Otherwise I will enjoy all your foaming hysterics while you try to explain to the civilized people why shooting unarmed human beings is such a good policy.

Nah that dog don't hunt.

Probably because the dog you are doing your hunting with is a Chihuahua. Try taking a deep breath, holding it for 5 seconds and then exhaling. It may help you come up with a better approach than hauling out irrelevant crime statistics and advocating for homicide.

*woof*

edit on 4-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he does not shoot unarmed people like a mentalcase.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Any wall would have to be more underground than above as tunnels are main transit route for smugglers/illegals.

link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

Any wall would have to be more underground than above as tunnels are main transit route for smugglers/illegals.

No worries. Neo will help get them bunker busters and we can blow the eff out of those tunnels.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Awww, poor wittle Neo, he cannot argue the topic so he gets all 'whatevs!'. If you cannot tell the difference between a 1500 mile long border with little to no patrolling and where people do not shoot to kill and the White House you may need to take a deeper look at your education and how you happen to apply it in your daily life.

Poor little someone already.

Clearly didn't read my first post in the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS. ?

I love the smell of condescension in the afternoon. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

You make as little sense as your fantasy wall.

Yes fantasy.

Here's a take of fantasy combat proven in Iraq.

www.blighter.com...

Fixed fortifications don't make sense!

According to Augustus!

Tell that to the German,Americans, and British, and their Hesco bastions over in Iraq for over a decade.

Those were called FOB's.

The wall will not prevent cartels from doing what they are already doing now with the current wall. For a so called Conservative you seem to want to throw more bad more after the s*** ton that has already been wasted. You are as bad as the Liberals with your wasteful spending predilections.

Blah,blah,blah.

So how do you want them to be taken to task? You are notoriously short on details and very high on platitudes. Spell it out for us Captain 'Conservative'.

That's some more blah.

Have anything other than personal jabs?

My guess is NO.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
eventually
one of your overlords
will suggest walling off earth

then us on the moon could breathe a little easier

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I find it absolutely hysterical that the same people that think free college and healthcare for EVERYONE is somehow affordable. But think a wall on our southern border isn't.
Talk about a double standard.

Have you actually researched the building of the southern border fence?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Clearly didn't read my first post in the thread.

I did, and I responded to it. Try reading.

I love the smell of condescension in the afternoon. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Sharing is caring. Occasionally people, who get warm and fuzzy inside from my coments, take my condescension and put in place of where their soul should be. It is typically an improvement.

Here's a take of fantasy combat proven in Iraq.

No forward operating base has ever been overrun. I think you just stumbled upon the greatest military tactical enhancement ever contemplated. Too bad you were not in the Nam where this genius rumination of yours could have been applied during the Tet Offensive when many FOBs were overrun.

Blah,blah,blah.

Was that you trying to explain to me how a 'Conservative' tosses money out the window?

Have anything other than personal jabs?

Are you taking things personally? I am sooooo sorry.

I will not call you a Conservative anymore. I mean, why would I, right? You do not act like one.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Anyone who advocates for shooting unarmed people is a bit mental. And by 'a bit' I mean by a serious amount.

Still going on about that red herring eh.

When you figure out we are not talking about crime statistics and about the efficacy of building fixed fortifications let me know. Otherwise I will enjoy all your foaming hysterics while you try to explain to the civilized people why shooting unarmed human beings is such a good policy.

Since your ignoring those crime statistics.

Civilized eh.

Mexican police officers detained over shooting of U.S. diplomatic vehicle

Oh dear how ever will Augustus keeping spinning that red herring now.
edit on 4-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Still going on about that red herring eh.

Maybe you want to look up what red herring actually means before trying to use it in a sentence. What you said was not a red herring, what you said was a statement of your opinion so when I quote you back to you it is not a red herring, it is a quote. See the difference?

Since your ignoring those crime statistics.

See, that is an actual red herring.

When confronted with the topic the poor debater (you) will make non sequitur posts and comments and try to redirect the debate towards something else (crime statistics). But your sophomoric tactic is as transparent as an azure sky of deepest summer.

edit on 4-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he does not shoot unarmed people like a mentalcase.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Maybe you want to look up what red herring actually means before trying to use it in a sentence. What you said was not a red herring, what you said was a statement of your opinion so when I quote you back to you it is not a red herring, it is a quote. See the difference?

I know what I said.

And here let me quote the beginning of the exchange.

THIS is what was ACTUALLY SAID.

Then Someone turned it in to THIS SNIP.

Then they just keep repeating the same SNIP.

And AGAIN.

If at first yo don't succeed.

Try,try,try,try again.

Repetition.

The last refuge of those with a WEAK 'argument'.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Listen, Generalisimo 'Shoot'em All' Neo, it is okay if you have an opinion that deadly force should be used against unarmed people. Be proud of your opinion! Do not get angry when I point it out to you, however.

We are here to discuss opinions, whether they are to flat blast anyone crossing the border such as you advocate, or wasting a s*** pile of taxpayers money like His Orangeness wants to do by building his wall. Try not to have thin skin like him, I expect more from you.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So militarize the border and shoot anyone who crosses seems to be what people want. No wonder kim likes Trump, his country has a wall like that too. Except they keep people in...

Let's go after the people that hire them and yes clean up the welfare part of it and then let's talk about a wall.
edit on thSat, 04 Jun 2016 16:28:14 -0500America/Chicago620161480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
1500 miles of border would require probably one person per 10 miles for electronic surveillance, another team (4 people) every 15 miles for apprehension. That's 550 people to watch the border per shift, probably 4 shifts a day once you subtract break time, so 2200 people/day which is 3080 people to cover 7 days a week, plus a few more for vacation time so lets call it 3300 people. Then you have the maintenance crews, the security teams to cover those maintenance crews, I bet this wall would require 8000 full time employees.

That's not all that many jobs in the grand scheme of things, but it still represents a 33% increase in the size of the border patrol and a billion per year in new salaries. Considering most illegal immigrants actually enter the country these days through legal air travel, and aren't even coming from the southern border it seems like a poor idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join