It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border wall(fence) has been partially built for years now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I hate joining in politic discussion, because I don't like politics anymore... since like, 9/11. But, without my support of Trump nor my unsupport, I must say something in his defense... has not a wall always been being built/planned on every presidents watch since Bill Clinton years? Are people illiterate? They build tunnels and ramps to circumvent it...
I only bring this up for information to others. Its not politics on my part but may help others realize what a weird system we live in. Its not funny how Trump hasn't used this info as a counter... it's quite odd actually.
Best source:
https : / / en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico–United_States_barrier

Peace!!
edit on 4/6/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/6/2016 by Gyo01 because: ?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
He's playing the media like a fiddle it's pretty much his main talent.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
There's walls everywhere along the border and even a river. More illegals daily are being caught and sent back across the border then you can imagine. You only here that the border patrols are letting them in, that is total bs. It's all about marketing 101 and how to sell...

Obama has sent more people back home then any pres... in the modern times.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Huh? How do you get to that conclusion? His wall idea is bunk and people know that because we already have walls and it doesn't do anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Your link has spaces, this one works tho...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

Your link has spaces, this one works tho...

en.wikipedia.org...

Ya, for some reason it wasnt working on my end (I always check my links)... it was directing to the main Mexico page. I triple checked/edited. I cannot explain it so hopefully it was an error. I spaced them on purpose, cause when I checked it, it sent me to main Mexico page three times in a row. Heh... computers... Yes, your recreated link send me where I intended others to visit.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
You have a weird sense of numbers....
Need ya to back that one up in the worst way.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
"I can't wait for Trump to be elected so he can build a wall to secure our country at the southern border so we can fight the overwhelming influx of crime (crime = illegal entry) happening there."

"Walls don't work."

"Yeah that's exactly why literally everyone in the world has built walls and barriers for hundreds of years. Cause they don't work."

"Well we already have walls/barriers down there and they ain't helpin nun"

"Take away the current barriers we have and boom it gets worse then, so they do help to the extent they can. Trump's wall won't be some chain link fence or miles of open desert."

"It's a stupid idea"

"Unlock your doors, take down the walls from your house if you truly believe this. Go ahead smarty, put your money where your arrogance is. People will be more inclined to trespass onto your property and take what you have worked for, for themselves. Why? Cause its easier to sneak in without your walls and your locked doors. Will a locked door stop a criminal from busting in your door and trespassing? No, but it damn sure deters them."

"So when Trump is elected and builds this big, nice wall what stocks should I buy before then?"

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: longstalker

Concrete and rebar, that's what I'm investing in

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Where there's a will there's a way to circumvent a wall. It doesn't matter how high or wide Trump builds it. People can scale walls with ropes, build tunnels or fly over them. The Beirut wall was heavily defended with armed guards and had land mines, but people who had a quenching thirst for freedom still managed to find ways over it!

Does the United States really want to build a wall like East Germany did during the cold war? Not only will it be an eye-sore (you can probably expect to see it littered with graffiti), it certainly will bring back memories of the Beirut wall and go against everything America stands for.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Buy gun stock.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I hope he builds it 30' high so I can invest in companies that make 31' ladders.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I hope he builds it 30' high so I can invest in companies that make 31' ladders.

Keep on hoping to invest and profit off of criminal activity. You don't have to wait for the wall with an attitude like that! Fortunately though you lack the understanding that your belief is flawed but keep on with the attempts of being witty, it's hella entertaining!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The point I was making is that walls (and other fixed fortifications) do not work in the long term. This is a proven historical and tactical fact. But people are free to believe the Trump-aganda.

edit on 4-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude once thought he had beer but it turned out to be Natty Ice.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

This is my favorite perspective to debunk.

The reason why it's such a problem is because THEY KNOW that we have no border defense and with a social security number and a baby they can get all the social welfare benefit they want while working under the table.

In some states thats 100k a year if you 10-12 hours an hour and work overtime.

"go to America you can make 100k a year for free and they will pay for everything"

Sounds like a great incentive to me. We need to remove the incentives and less people will come.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
This is my favorite perspective to debunk.

While your premise of deincentivation is accurate it in no way debunks the point of a wall being useless as a deterrent.

edit on 4-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Unfortunately the point you were making holds no ground. Walls do work. If they didn't there would be no walls. That's like saying, "gee why did you need a garage door? Or gee why even build a wall around a prison?". Do they work all the time, 100% of the time? Ugh no what does? But it damn sure would curb ALOT of the illegal crossing going on in the droves every single day which "in the long run" would save us a lot.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: longstalker
Unfortunately the point you were making holds no ground. Walls do work. If they didn't there would be no walls. That's like saying, "gee why did you need a garage door? Or gee why even build a wall around a prison?".

Those are not apple to apple comparisons. We are talking about a border wall over a thousand miles long. It cannot be effectively patrolled like a prison.

But it damn sure would curb ALOT of the illegal crossing going on in the droves every single day which "in the long run" would save us a lot.

Doubtful. Like all fixed fortifications the weak spots will be found and exploited.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: longstalker
Unfortunately the point you were making holds no ground. Walls do work. If they didn't there would be no walls. That's like saying, "gee why did you need a garage door? Or gee why even build a wall around a prison?".

Those are not apple to apple comparisons. We are talking about a border wall over a thousand miles long. It cannot be effectively patrolled like a prison.

But it damn sure would curb ALOT of the illegal crossing going on in the droves every single day which "in the long run" would save us a lot.

Doubtful. Like all fixed fortifications the weak spots will be found and exploited.

Again, I'm on the fence(don't shoot me for this pun), but tech sensors cover the patrolling issue of such an expanse... if it is actually deployed and used.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

We have that now and the issue is not the wall but the lack of personnel to man the entire length. If you are going to build a fixed fortification of any type and have an expectation that it will be even remotely successful tactically it needs to be actively manned over its entire length.

And even then you can circumvent it, witness the tunnels near Tijuana and Juarez.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join