It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on black supporter: 'Look at my African-American over here'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well I use them interchangeably and never had anyone say anything in 20+ years.

And according to www.dictionary.com :

okey-doke /ˈəʊkɪˈdəʊk/ sentence substitute, adjective, adverb 1. (informal) another term for O.K.

Here

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Ah, but I never said anything about fairness. "Fair" can be very hypocritical at times.

Personally, I don't take words off the table nor do I remove them from my lexicon once they're in there. I can jive with anyone who wants to jive or I can converse with anyone who wants to respectfully converse. That doesn't fit into what modern society says people should believe, but screw modern society... it's only responsible for a buncha okie doke as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Libertarians believe in rule of law.

Maximum freedom, minimum government.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Public Service Announcement...

This is a big news story this evening. There is no reason to muddy the thread with off topic derailments.
Everyone should know....You are responsible for your own posts.

This is the topic, in case anyone has forgotten..

Trump on black supporter: 'Look at my African-American over here'

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This article from the Redding Record Searchlight tells what happened after the Trump speech.

The fellow at the speech that Trump 'claimed', had some strange quotes. He appears to be a supporter, but honestly I'm not certain. Gregory Cheadle is running for Congress.

After the rally ended, Trump went to greet supporters, starting on the southern side and working toward the north.
“I was at the point he was about to leave and I called out, ‘Uncle Donald, Uncle Donald,’” Cheadle said. “He recognized me as the guy he had called out.”

Cheadle said African-Americans have historically been dismissed by politicians, which is why they were so quick to support President Obama, the country’s first black president.
So it was gratifying to him and he was proud that someone like Trump would acknowledge him in an audience that was 99.99 percent white, he said.
“To give the black folk the time of the day, I was happy,” Cheadle said.

ETA: Upon further digestion of this article, in conjuction with Trump blurting out, “Oh, look at my African-American over here”, I'm convinced he was an invite of the Trump campaign. A plant. He is running as a republican for Congress.

Trump knew this guy, his "African-American", would be there.

edit on 6/3/2016 by Olivine because: another thought

edit on 6/3/2016 by Olivine because: formatting

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ya know, if he would have just thrown the word "friend" in there and said something else about white people, he'd have been fine.

If he had said (bold parts mine):

White, people...brown people...Look at my African-American friend over here...We're all united to make America Great Again!

He would have been just fine...because despite not liking Trump, I truly think that's what he intended to say.
edit on 3-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Wait, he calls him "Uncle Donald"?

Okay. . .

Sounds legit.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Haha. Trump doesn't want to become president. I'm convinced now.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Good for you.

Obma used "okie doke" which has a particular meaning in black slang.

The only other time he used that term was when he attacked Clinton during the 2008 election while addressing a black majority audience.

See, I was trying to explain to someone the ‘okey-doke.’ Y’all know the okey-doke? It’s when someone’s trying to bamboozle you, when they’re trying to hoodwink you. They are trying to hoodwink you. You can’t say that he’s not ready on day one, unless he’s willing to be your vice president and then he’s ready on day one. - Obama 2008

edit on 3-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Racism has won the Democratic party the White House for the last 8 years.

They are counting on it to win them the next 4.

Obviously Trump wasn't being racist when showing that he does indeed have minority support, just like Trump supporters aren't the ones causing the violence at Trump events.

The doublespeak from the left is deafening.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Honestly, at this point I think this man's Freudian slips aren't all that slippy, regardless of whatever intent is behind them. He sure is good at perking people's ears up though, I'll tell ya what.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Agree, that could explain Trump's phrasing. Good find.

What's up with the "Uncle Donald"? Too much craziness for me for one day. ..... especially if tomorrow brings more of the same haha

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Bull#. I'll say it. Because someone says they aren't racist or whatever, you really really and truly think that means they are?! I've always resented that, and no, I've never used those phrases. If I really have a black friend, and say it to someone, they automatically assume that means I really AM racist? I have never never understood this way of thinking.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
he was trying to be welcoming but he was running that mouth and knowing that anything he says will be scrutinized and give him more media time, what a genius.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Racism is one of the most effective mind control tools known.

Extremely effective.

A little more/less melanin modules in the sky makes people want to kill/torture/oppress/abuse you.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

If you say something racist, and then get offended when you're called out by saying, "Oh come on, I'm not really racist I have a black/gay/whatever friend!"

That's what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I suppose people would be happier if Donald Trump visited Black churches and changes his voice to mimic southern Blacks, like Hillary Clinton does when she's faking it?
edit on 6/4/2016 by carewemust because: she fakes with the best!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sure he says things without thinking.
Or is it, he says things most are thinking, but won't say?

Political correctness is not his specialty and there's no sign it ever will be.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I think that this is much ado about nothing. I see that the usual suspects have their panties in a wad again. Predictable

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What makes Trump popular is that he is REAL.

Yeah!!. a real jackass, and popular among folks who watch too much Reality Tee Vee..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join