It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossack Fonseca sued (Panama Papers)(Argentine Debt default Supreme Court ruling)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
While the 2016 presidential election circus comes in to full swing, other items of interest might slip through the cracks. Among my many bookmarks is one that is no stranger to many here on ATS, and that is cryptome.org if you don't have this link saved, you need to do so right now before you read any further or you cannot call yourself a serious researcher and critical thinker.

Anyway, the title of one of the .pdf's linked captured my attention, "Mossack Fonseca Accused of Obstruction." And so I took a look at what it contained and lo and behold I read the following:

Through these proceedings, NML has sought no more than to obtain discovery calculated to identify and trace assets potentially available to satisfy its judgments against the Republic of Argentina. For reasons which are by now familiar to the Court, the trail of evidence led NML to a number of Nevada shell corporations, as well as a Nevada corporate services provider operated by Mossack Fonseca.

Throughout these proceedings, NML has had doubts about the veracity of the arguments advanced by MF Nevada and Mossack Fonseca in opposition to NML’s alter ego allegations. But it was not until the release in early April of two documents from what have become known as the “Panama Papers” that the extent of MF Nevada and Mossack Fonseca’s obstruction became clear. Those two documents show that MF Nevada and Mossack Fonseca actively engaged in the concealment and destruction of evidence responsive to NML’s subpoena, and that MF Nevada and Mossack Fonseca knowingly proffered false evidence to the Court.

CASE NO.: 2:14-cv-00492-RFB-VCF
NML CAPITAL, LTD.’S MEMORANDUM
IN OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO
VACATE AND IN SUPPORT OF MOTION
FOR SANCTIONS
(direct link to .pdf @ cryptome)

When the "Panama Papers" story broke a large focus was on "shell companies" in which persons and companies could hide money from taxation and also be used as vehicles for money laundering.

It turns out that Mossack Fonseca, the company which made all those shells possible, itself had a shell company; MF Nevada.

This is in relation to the Supreme court decision wherein NML Capital was granted rights to seize funds in response to debt owed by the Supreme Court of the United States of America. Argentina decided to hide those funds rather than surrender them. And it looks like Mossack Fonseca helped them do it.

Specifically, [redacted] emails confirm that Mossack Fonseca and MF Nevada submitted false declarations in support of their papers before the Court. These emails show that MF Nevada was no mere “independent service provider” as Ms. Amunategui stated in her declaration. Instead, MF Nevada was so inextricably intertwined with Mossack Fonseca that Mossack Fonseca had to go to significant lengths to cover its tracks by artificially distancing itself from MF Nevada—including [redacted]

Justice Antonin Scalia wrote the majority opinion in this case:

The Supreme Court affirmed. Writing for the Court, Justice Scalia held that the FSIA does not immunize foreign sovereigns against discovery orders in post judgment execution proceedings, and thus ordinary discovery rules apply. Assuming without deciding that the discovery NML had requested was within the scope of discovery ordinarily authorized by federal procedural rules, the Court focused on the narrow question of “whether the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act specifies a different rule when the judgment debtor is a foreign state.”

This has had some serious geopolitical situations occur surrounding this, and considering the dollar amounts were are talking about are in the billions, is it any wonder?

NML in response has launched an extraordinary effort to attach Argentine assets both in the United States and around the world through lawsuits in U.S. and foreign courts respectively. These attempts have even included the dramatic temporary seizure of an Argentine naval vessel in Ghana and failed plans to seize Argentina’s presidential plane.

Republic of Argentina v. NML Capital, Ltd.

Leading Case : 134 S. Ct. 2250 (2014)

Does anyone remember anything odd about Justice Scalia's death or is it just me?

Here you go fellow posters, a genuine non-election-related thread for your enjoyment.

What says ATS?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

... or you cannot call yourself a serious researcher and critical thinker.

I stopped reading your thread after this comment.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Thank you for stopping by.

And so because of a specific phrase you're going to trash an entire thread?

Alert it if it bothers you and if the mods see fit, they will do what they feel needs to be done.
edit on 3-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: additional commentary

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Does not surprise me, they knew very well they were dealing with criminal's and probably actually robbed them blind since they were by default the largest monopoly on world money laundering project's like they ran.

Corporate Lawyers and Gangster's, both thieves and scum whatever we we look at it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It is likely that MF took immediate steps at damage control
after the release of The Panama Papers. A few
supporting links....

McClatchy Washington Bureau on May 25, 2016

After two investigations in April, the office of Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske fined the firm $10,000 on May 20, the maximum allowed under Nevada law.

M.F. Corporate Services (Nevada) Limited's decision to step away from its registered agent role for 1,024 companies was announced Monday on the secretary of state's website.

In an interview, Nevada Deputy Secretary of State Gail Anderson said M.F. Corporate Services (Nevada) failed to maintain a name and address of a contact person for all of the shell companies it administered in the state.
www.arcamax.com...

Mossack's withdrawal from Nevada could be expected, and also likely there
is a little alphabet soup secret recipe type stuff, going on, and back decades.

A big leap into the past shows links between the CIA and Panama.
Not so sure this reveals much in terms of connections
to Justice Scalia, although it is pretty interesting stuff.

Somewhere in the middle of all of that there was a large body of water.

The Impact of the Economic Hit man Continues

Perkins would continue to be haunted by the impact of economic hitmen even as he started his own company (a company that committed to producing environmentally friendly electricity), did special consulting for MAIN and other corporations, and became involved with nonprofit organizations and their efforts to work with and help indigenous people in Latin America.

In 1981, Perkins became deeply disturbed by the death of his friend and the leader of Panama, Omar Torrijos. Perkins believes that his friend Torrijos' death in a plane crash was a CIA assassination because of his positions on the Panama Canal (Torrijos had achieved his goal of taking back the Canal) and his unwillingness to cooperate with American corporations.

Torrijos was replaced by Manuel Noriega, who "became a symbol of corruption and decadence." Eventually, in 1989, the United States attacked Panama. The reigns of power were returned to the pre-Torrijos oligarchy, which had served as U.S. puppets from the time when Panama was torn from Columbia until Torrijos took over.

As the story went at the time : September, 1988
New York Times

Government officials said the Panamanian's relationship with the United States did not intensify until the 1970's, when Mr. Noriega became his country's intelligence chief. In 1976, when Mr. Bush became Director of Central Intelligence, their paths crossed for the first of several times. As head of the C.I.A., Mr. Bush learned that Mr. Noriega had penetrated an American intelligence operation in Panama, the function of which was, in part, to eavesdrop electronically on Panamanian communications.

On one level, this was simply a case of spy vs. spy: The C.I.A. was spying on Mr. Noriega's country, and he was spying back. But because the Panamanian was bribing American soldiers, the case raised troubling questions for American intelligence agencies about the American relationship with Mr. Noriega, and the matter landed on Mr. Bush's desk early in his one-year tenure at the C.I.A.

www.nytimes.com...

It was known that Noriega was an agent for the CIA, and conspirator
in drug trafficking.

A career officer who rose through the intelligence services, Noriega for years was rumored to be both an agent of the CIA and a conspirator with international drug traffickers. Since 1983, he had exercised the real power in Panama, with a succession of civilian presidents serving as figure-heads.

With its canal, huge U.S. military installations and facilities for intelligence-gathering, Panama was one of the most important countries in the world, from Washington's perspective. But Panamanians often charged that the U.S. government took them for granted.

Panama's existing crisis began in June 1987 when Col. Roberto Diaz Herrera, after being forced to retire as Noriega's second-in-command, went public with several charges. The most sensational were that Noriega had engineered the 1984 presidential elections and had directed the 1985 slaying of opposition leader Hugo Spadafora.
library.cqpress.com...

Noriega remained on CIA payroll to about 1988, then he was brought up on
charges around 1991-92.
www.theguardian.com...

Mossack Fonesca seems to be a keeper of secrets.

www.zerohedge.com...

Interesting for sure, I am still looking around for the Argentine link.
Thanks for the thread J&C

edit on 3-6-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

It would seem they're turning this in to something of a political football:

CARSON CITY — Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske responded Friday to a request from a U.S. senator for information about the state’s oversight of companies tied to the Panama Papers, noting that law enforcement officials have not once asked for records in the past three years.

“I have become increasingly concerned about the use of anonymous shell companies as vehicles for terrorist financing, tax evasion, and fraud targeting major government programs within the committee’s jurisdiction, such as Medicare,” Wyden wrote to Cegavske.

Wyden has asked how many times Cegavske’s office has demanded a list of “beneficial owners” of any entity registered in Nevada suspected of illegal activities.

A U.S. senator asks what the Nevada Secretary of State has done in the way of investigating MF's activities within it's state. The response is:

Cegavske responded that a law enforcement agency can make that request but that none have done so in the past three years.

“The Secretary of State does not have the authority to investigate illegal activities such as money laundering or tax evasion, and does not therefore demand ownership information for investigations of this nature, except as requested by a law enforcement agency,” Cegavske said in her response.

Nevada official responds to request for information on companies tied to Panama Papers

What to make of all of this?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

"Cegavske responded that a law enforcement agency can make that request but that none have done so in the past three years.

“The Secretary of State does not have the authority to investigate illegal activities such as money laundering or tax evasion, and does not therefore demand ownership information for investigations of this nature, except as requested by a law enforcement agency,” Cegavske said in her response"
www.reviewjournal.com...]Nevada official responds to request for information on companies tied to Panama Papers

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

What to make of all of this?

Indeed, it seems that MF knew where to go with certain shell accounts,
a state that would be accommodating.

As far as I know, there are a few other states that are
even more "secretive" when it comes to shell corporations.

When it comes to reliable sources, not easy to find.
I'll take this one and start bounding off of it.

www.timesofisrael.com...

That is a loaded piece, yet I do think it is full of accurate,
juicy stuff. Far as I can see, this all ties way back.

I'll be checking it all out.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Intrigue and mystery surrounding the Waffen SS and the CIA !!!!

Big money and online scrubbing too.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Intrigue and mystery surrounding the Waffen SS and the CIA !!!!

Big money and online scrubbing too.

Indeed, it will take days to fully investigate that one.

Not to say I was shocked, but when I said going all the way
back....lol I was not kidding. It is a very shady place,
when a corporation can own stock in another corp.

The laundry possibilities are endless. And this is
where the alphabet soup secret recipes are traded.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Hopping down this trail lead me here:

Before Syria fell into a civil war, Mr. Machluf, head of the Syrian telecommunications giant Syriatel, accumulated a fortune worth an estimated $5 billion. It was accrued with the energetic support of the Assad clan.

Staff at the U.S. Embassy in Damascus described his methods.

“Machluf used government institutions to get rid of competitors, to win contracts and to milk the cows,” they reported in a January 2008 dispatch to Washington. The diplomats advised imposing sanctions on Mr. Machluf.

What they did not know was the Mr. Machluf had long since prepared for this moment.

He owns an offshore company, and he used it to bring a portion of his fortune to safety. It is called Drex Technologies and it is listed in the Register of Companies in the British Virgin Islands. The “registered agent,” the official representative of Drex Technologies, is recorded as Mossack Fonseca, a law firm in Panama.

Jürgen Mossack
In Panama, a German King of Shell Companies
By Michael Brächer

That lead me to :

Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 01:43 PM
Subject: RE: Feridun

Just heard Rami Makhlouf held a press conference, said he's leaving business world, donating portion of Syriatel profits
to low-income Syrians and doesn't want to be burden on Asad.

No, not kidding.

An email forwarded to Hillary From Sullivan.
C05781227 (direct .pdf link)

And

A sale of equipment to Syriatel would require both an OFAC and a BIS license. OFAC has a paper-based application process currently (submissions by fax or mail), and review time varies.

C05288511(direct .pdf link)

And finally:

It started with cellphones. In 1998, the regime approached Farid Ghadry, a Syrian-American businessman in Maryland, to ask him to bid on the first private telecom license. "Knowing the system, I knew I had zero chance of getting it," recalled Ghadry, who has since started an opposition party.

Sure enough, in 2000, the Ba'ath party granted a cell monopoly to Bashar's mother, Anisa Makhlouf. Over time, it went to his cousin, Rami Makhlouf, who became the owner of Syriatel, the country's largest telecom.

C05414940(d irect .pdf link)

Ok, so now we have Nazis, South America CIA spook stuff, and Hillary Clinton at the State Department all in one thread?

How tf did that happen?
edit on 5-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: forgot to source first excerpt

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

So, we know that there are Mossack Fonesca connections
with the Clintons. I'll check into the MF connecitons with
Clinton Foundation donors, and cross check.

Tyler Drumheller was communicating information
to Clinton via Bluementhal, I recall some information
about Syria in there somehere.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Getting warmer....

In the “Operation Car Wash” case in Brazil, prosecutors allege that Mossack Fonseca employees destroyed and hid documents to mask the law firm’s involvement in money laundering. A police document says that, in one instance, an employee of the firm’s Brazil branch sent an email instructing co-workers to hide records involving a client who may have been the target of a police investigation: “Do not leave anything. I will save them in my car or at my house.”
www.roguemoney.net...

International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) whom released the
Panama Papers

Open Society Foundations is a George Soros managed foundation that is used for all sorts of sovereign manipulations such as acting as controlling media, and impacting political elections. And USAID is long believed to be a front for the Central Intelligence Agency, and the many NGO's they control

edit on 9-6-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join