It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate to break it to you guys but America is getting what it wants (and deserves)!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

He's always been the conspiracy theorist

Good way to alienate the entire community from your cause.

I think the majority of voting Americans have become *conspiracy theorist* with the title wave of bs coming at us from all side, the TV, the economy, cost of living, wages, Millennials not moving out of the house and so on and so forth.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: intrptr

Is it not illegal to drive through a cross walk before a pedestrian finishes crossing the road? It is here in Canada.

Yes, steep fine as well. I was having fits watching it unfold.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

People often ask for what they think they want but don't actually do.

Edit: It's not that people get the government they deserve either, it's that they expect the government to comprise the character of the nation. If we elect principled people to office, then it will trickle down to the average citizens and everyone will act properly. That's not the case, and society mostly looks out for itself. I'm not one to whine about the downfall of society, and I'm not even sure it's happening, but what I do know is that if you want society to be better, it's up to you to treat others better in life and simply be a better person. More polite, more principled, more whatever, rather than look to an outside source such as a President to try and make the country better.

The job of President is to guide national policy, but governments aren't nice organizations. They're petty, pragmatic, power hungry, and manipulative. That's not the realm for someone who should act as a moral leader. Sometimes Presidents are moral and sometimes they aren't, but never do they motivate individuals across the nation to hold themselves to a higher standard.
edit on 3-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: swanne

Trump did not just decide to take his positions. He has been saying the SAME things about the problems with the country for decades.

ETA: I truly believe that if we get Trump as President, that this country WILL get what we deserve. I think we deserve to actually head in the right direction and change for the better. We have been going in the wrong direction for too long. We deserve a break.

Why that 1988 video? Here Trump talks about being ripped off by Japan..how so? People, ordinary American people bought Japanese stuff for very good reason, because it worked, and kept working.
Conversely the Japanese had reservations of the Items that trade agreements required them to import, for whatever reason, however for that time the import quota was that was half the quotas of say, the US and Euroland had in place.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

While waiting at a light this morning, I watched an elderly lady with a shopping cart trying to cross this big intersection. She had the light and was shuffling along, not quite making it to the island when the light changed. All these people started going in front of her, blocking her path, keeping her standing in the cross walk in the middle of the road. Car after car turing on the left arrow as she stood there, not one taking the time to 'miss their light' and let her at least get to safety.

You're right, America is going to get everything it deserves.

its a law of driving that you would have been tested on had you gotten a license to drive that you are never to insist upon right away, if a traffic light gives you the right of way you DO NOT insist it back to someone who was not given it, it can disrupt the flow of traffic and cause more harm then good, i have personally witnessed numerous accidents because of people whom had the right of way trying to insist it onto someone else "to be polite"

imagine if one car had waited at the light for the lady to cross, insisting she cross though her light is red, then in another lane a car passes through their green light hitting the lady, all because some moron sat at a green and insisted the lady cross "to be polite" now shes dead.

this isnt a fanciful scenario in fact this exact scenario happens exactly like this all around the world everyday and is a perfect example of why driver license testing is tasked with verifying prospective drivers are aware to NEVER insist upon right of way and to instead ALWAYS oblige the right of way that traffic law/order dictates.

(post by musicismagic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Blaah, i hope that soon, big corporations declare themselves as the real rulers of this world, how many will there be, would seven be enough? anyway, i think its going to be better than this.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

originally posted by: intrptr

While waiting at a light this morning, I watched an elderly lady with a shopping cart trying to cross this big intersection. She had the light and was shuffling along, not quite making it to the island when the light changed. All these people started going in front of her, blocking her path, keeping her standing in the cross walk in the middle of the road. Car after car turing on the left arrow as she stood there, not one taking the time to 'miss their light' and let her at least get to safety.

You're right, America is going to get everything it deserves.

its a law of driving that you would have been tested on had you gotten a license to drive that you are never to insist upon right away, if a traffic light gives you the right of way you DO NOT insist it back to someone who was not given it, it can disrupt the flow of traffic and cause more harm then good, i have personally witnessed numerous accidents because of people whom had the right of way trying to insist it onto someone else "to be polite"

imagine if one car had waited at the light for the lady to cross, insisting she cross though her light is red, then in another lane a car passes through their green light hitting the lady, all because some moron sat at a green and insisted the lady cross "to be polite" now shes dead.

this isnt a fanciful scenario in fact this exact scenario happens exactly like this all around the world everyday and is a perfect example of why driver license testing is tasked with verifying prospective drivers are aware to NEVER insist upon right of way and to instead ALWAYS oblige the right of way that traffic law/order dictates.

Man, I just need to quote this for truth since it is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I walk places a lot, I'm always on foot. At least once a day, someone will stop to let me cross on a completely open road. No intersection, no signs, no lights. Just a dead stop to let me cross.

I KNOW they are just trying to be polite. But then the negotiation takes longer than if they had just continued on, while also stopping traffic in one lane, not considering if I can even pass over the other lane of traffic. I'd have to assume some super polite person stops for me in that lane too?

First-world problems, surely. But a major gripe of mine, nonetheless.

edit on 6/4/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

So if she was in front of you in the cross walk when the light changed you would run her over ?

Nice logic from the car perspective. But thats what cross walks are for, to give people the right of way, regardless of the light cycle. If someone is in them crossing, they have the right of way, it is illegal in the US to enter a cross walk someone is walking in.

Let alone impatient and rude. They are going to be a mile away before she finishes crossing the street, they can;t wait one more minute of their life to let her finish crossing the damn street?

But hey, everyone else didn't care, why should I?

One time I was first at a light that turned green, entering a school zone where its "twenty five if kids are present"? I saw some kids and I did twenty five, all the cars behind me bunching up and trying to herd me faster, right on my bumper.

I was watching the road with one eye and the rear view mirror with the other as we passed by a motor cycle cop sitting on the road side who gave me a big nod as I drove by.

I held up all these people that wanted to go faster regardless of what they thought.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
idiocracy unfolding right in front of us

edit on 4-6-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately I can’t answer your questions, onequestion. Wish I could. All I can do is lend my 2 bits, for what it’s worth.

Life has gotten too damned complicated, and it will continue to get ever more complicated at an accelerating rate. This has been the case since humans came into being. I think now, though, we’ve reached a critical stage where change is taking place so rapidly it’s causing a shared mass neurosis.

Take the 17th century, for example. At that time things probably weren’t so different than it was 100 years before that. A few things changed, but nothing radical. Then along came industrialization and technology, and change began to pickup it’s pace a bit so that the gap between significant changes started to close at an increasing rate. Perhaps noticeable change then occurred each 50 years. Then a little later each 25 years, and then 15 years... And now today it seems things can noticeably change in a significant way over just a 5 year period. As Humans we’re having to process more and more information at an alarming rate. It’s not out of the question that there may come a time when change will begin to occur at a seemlingly exponential rate. Who knows? Maybe that’s when our machine friends take the lead.

There does seem to be a touch of madness in the air, though. Judging by this election cycle in America, it appears that society is flirting with some sort of mass suicidal obsession. It seems like we’re Hellbent on cutting our own throats. Personally, I feel like our nation has no real vision anymore. We’re not involved in any noble enterprises. We’ve transformed into a ME THE PEOPLE culture from We the People. More and more we’re self-serving and anti-social. And yes, the internet plays a big role.

I wouldn’t know how we dig out of the hole we’re in. I do know it wouldn’t hurt if we had leadership with a lofty vision. We need something positive to reach for and to be proud of. Something worthwhile to accomplish as a nation, and NOT ANOTHER CONFLICT ABROAD. It’s our responsibility to select the nation’s leadership, though, and it doesn’t look like we’re doing a very good job of it so far. Why is it when given 2 options, 1 good and 1 bad, we so often choose the bad one? It’s like we set ourselves up for failure, and then wonder why things aren’t working out.

There’s a lot of hate out there right now, and it needs to be rechanneled. Otherwise I guess we’ll just continue on this downward spiral into the blazing inferno of Hell.

Have fun...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Yes it is, but nobody seems to even see past their hood ornament any more because they're busy babbling on their cell phones and to each other instead of watching what it is they are actually doing.

This is the reason I so dislike driving a car.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

an island as you said she was standing upon, is not a crosswalk, it is called an island for a reason, because it is an island, outside of the crosswalk, even if it is in the middle of the road half way across, if she stopped on the island then she is not in the cross walk any longer. this is standard traffic laws.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

The election of Trump will bring down revolutionary sentiments by mega-increments. Maybe this is why there are signs that the true Hidden Hand is actually pushing for a Trump presidency.

Two years ago, before Trump was guided to become candidate decided to run as candidate, a great majority of Americans had very negative opinions about the US, notably about its military involvement in the world stage.

Good Post and spot on

The various think tanks know how the American People feel and Obama was part of their plan with Hope and Change.

Trump is an extension of their hope and change plan 2.0 and like theater, the establishment are playing their part in going against him. Trump is as establishment as you can get because you do not get where Trump is without wheeling and dealing with these people as he has admittedly done.

There is no doubt in my mind that Trump is part of their plan and I would be more easily misled if they had at least picked someone representative of the majority Americans like a small business owner such as Joe the Plumber.

Instead we get someone like Trump who is an elite billionaire supporting Crony Capitalism that is a Pro Globalist and Pro illegal Immigration from his actions, not his words he spits out.

Obama said he was against Crony Capitalism, against corrupt government and a corrupt Wall Street as part of his campaign and his actions were 100% in the other direction just like Trump is going to be.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

an island as you said she was standing upon, is not a crosswalk, it is called an island for a reason, because it is an island, outside of the crosswalk, even if it is in the middle of the road half way across, if she stopped on the island then she is not in the cross walk any longer. this is standard traffic laws.

You misunderstood. She wasn't allowed to get to the island, when the light changed she was still in the road, blocked by all the cars cutting her off from reaching it.

Doesn't matter, when pedestrians are in the crosswalk in the road, they have the right of way, period.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'm of the opinion that America is getting dumber. We now have phones smarter than most Americans.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

I think it was Sir Winston Churchill who said, "the people always get the government which they deserve".

With this in mind maybe those who sit on their hands this November will realize they are the reason we end up with all the wrong politicians in office.

If you don't vote for those who represent your own interests, who will truly not deserve any better, so "suck it up buttercup".

Sadly I have to disagree.
The RNC and DNC are full of Corporate and Banking Lobbbyists Delegates and they have told the people basically, it is they who choose, not the Average American.

It does not matter who we vote for when the vote does not count

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm of the opinion that America is getting dumber. We now have phones smarter than most Americans.

All technology makes people dumber. Or rather, it makes them focus on different things. Remember 20 years ago when you had 30+ peoples phone numbers memorized? Now I bet you can only recall 1 or 2 without looking it up.

You could take this all the way back to the printing press, before everyone had books they had to remember everything that was said. There were no reference materials.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

i see, well that is a much different circumstance, it is true when still in the middle of the road (not on an island) she had the right of way and they should have let her finish to the island.

that isnt the type of behavior i see in my area of the nation, i see the opposite quite often, people stopping to let people cross even when the light hadnt quite turned yet. people remaining stopped to let them make it the other half the way even though the light changed with them stopped on an island, etcetc.

maybe its just your local region that behaves that way on the roads.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

maybe its just your local region that behaves that way on the roads.

Get this for a kick, its along the main drag (Apple Central), cupertino ca where this happened.

But pretty much anywhere downtown urban sprawl Megalopolis, I bet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join