It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of the term snowflake? I certainly am!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Let's just start calling them cry babies instead of snow flakes, but then that would offend babies that don't cry for no reason. There will always be someone who is offended by a word so I guess we are going to be told not to talk.
Sticks and stones people
Sticks and stones. .......

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Don't forget hippy.

Snowflakes are cool (they melt when warmed) and each one of them is distinctly individual (which, to a Canadian, is mind-blowing).

Yeah... Lisa.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

Nothing would make me happier than to see a few hundred of these limp wristed, safe place, SJW, special snowflakes MELTED! Take your PC BS and shove it!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Weird. All this time I thought people have been talking about the Dolphins' mascot.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Don't forget hippy.

Snowflakes are cool (they melt when warmed) and each one of them is distinctly individual (which, to a Canadian, is mind-blowing).

Yeah... Lisa.

Nothing wrong with being a hippy.
Hippies come in various distinctions as well. There are freeloader hippies, that want to crash on your couch for a few nights, ends up being longer. Trust fund hippies...yes they exist...that get the poorer kids around them to fund their hippy excursion even though they have plenty of money to share. Old school hippies that DO share and don't judge along racial, monetary, or other boundaries...these are rare anymore.

But the whole snowflake thing is more the half generation behind the trophy for everything generation, I guess they're millennials...and a few years. The indigo kids thing was the forerunner. But I still think the indigo thing was an excuse as to the rise of autism...which I attribute to the detrimental effects of above ground nuclear testing and petrochemical fertilizers in the last half century doing harm to our genetics.

link   
sycomix

See folks, snowflake.☝

link   

So OP makes a thread stirring the pot on a non-issue, then doesn't comment at all?

Not a good look...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

So OP makes a thread stirring the pot on a non-issue, then doesn't comment at all?

Not a good look...

But you have a new awesome avatar!
Go Fam!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Not sure I follow your reply there?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
sycomix

Of course you don't. πŸ˜‰

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ok . . I'm from the south and a "Snowflake" is a racist term that Blacks use against whites so forgive me for not understanding the difference that apparently this old school racist term has am entirely different meaning now.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Stop giving a damm about what people think about you , makes life way more simple and enjoyable.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: manuelram16
We are at a point in history when one LEO kills a Black man enforcing the law and all hell breaks out!!
but when black thugs kill a white, nobody gives a darn!

Wow! That came out of nowhere when discussing privilege and millennials and what not.

Tell us how you really feel...damn.

Rodney King even said "Can't we all just get along?", but I'm sure he's a black thug too.

Well, we can see which way your "Racism" points, good luck with that!
and btw anybody driving down the road high on PCP, is a thug.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

first time using a meme generator.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Autorico

In Soviet Russia snow flakes you!!!

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ž

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
Ok . . I'm from the south and a "Snowflake" is a racist term that Blacks use against whites so forgive me for not understanding the difference that apparently this old school racist term has am entirely different meaning now.

Ok, thank you for explaining.

To reiterate, "special snow flake" is a term that is used mostly by conservatives to complain about anybody who's different than they are and dare to complain about something. Totally nothing to do with white skin.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

We are at a point in history when one LEO kills a Black man enforcing the law and all hell breaks out!!
but when black thugs kill a white, nobody gives a darn!

Wow! That came out of nowhere when discussing privilege and millennials and what not.

Tell us how you really feel...damn.

Rodney King even said "Can't we all just get along?", but I'm sure he's a black thug too.

Well, we can see which way your "Racism" points, good luck with that!
and btw anybody driving down the road high on PCP, is a thug.

And we know how you feel as well.

Black thugs.

You can't take that back. But I'm sure you're unrepentant in that regard.
There are plenty of white thugs as well. And slightly browner thugs...
I don't need Luck. I just have to keep living my Life as a good person and try to keep of the opinion when I am out in public that others will respect me as I respect them.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
God bless you good folks for clearing that up!
( seriously, no sarcasm)

This actual thread is a great of example of what being a snowflake is all about.

" and knowing is half the battle"

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And by the way Im black and southern, SC to be exact, thats pretty damn country..

And I've never said or heard another black person refer to a white person as snowflake. However, snow bunnies is used often to refer to loose white women. There are lots of other words used as racists terms for white folks which do not include the word "snow"

There you go friend, you got the hay straight from the horse's mouth. Now go!.. live long and prosper!

edit on 3-6-2016 by Istaywoke77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join